Going premium

beth_b_1983
beth_b_1983 Posts: 26 Member
Just a quick question really, will it benefit going premium or still good using the app free?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    If you like the premium features, or you find them helpful, it will provide a benefit for you. I haven't.
  • beth_b_1983
    beth_b_1983 Posts: 26 Member
    To be honest I don’t think I will I just thought I’d see what others say who do have it, thank you
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    I was wondering the same thing! I don't think I'd take the step unless I was plateau-ing hard or the free app wasn't working for me, which it does.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited March 2018
    xelsoo wrote: »
    I was wondering the same thing! I don't think I'd take the step unless I was plateau-ing hard or the free app wasn't working for me, which it does.

I'm not sure that going premium is going to change a plateau and I certainly haven't had any issues with the free version, except the ads are annoying. I personally don't see any benefit in premium.
  • BrouhardRj
    BrouhardRj Posts: 21 Member
    After about 3 years i went.. premium today.. will try it for 30 days... Im doing low carb and needed some of helpful tips.. I have carb manager and life style but always came back to.my fitness pal..So i hope it helps me lose the wight..
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    I've used free MFP for 12 years.

I lost my weight using the tools available (70+ pounds) and I've kept it off for more than ten years.

It works if you work it.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    I've used the free version for 6 years. It has all the tools I need. From time to time on threads like this I'll see somebody claim a particular feature or benefit from the premium version, and the vast majority of the time it's something that's completely available on the free version or something you can do for yourself with fairly little effort using the free version (adding a few numbers, etc.).

But if the premium version automates something you'd rather not do for yourself, have at it. Or if you want to pay for an ad-free version.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I opted for premium to avoid the ads for foods I don't need to think about while transitioning to a healthier lifestyle. I didn't think I would be able to commit wholly with distractions like that. I'm glad I made that choice.

It's really up to you as to whether you would benefit or not.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Nobody NEEDs premium in my opinion. This app offers the vast majority of it's functionality for free. I do have premium though, and find it beneficial. Mostly for the ad free experience, and there are a few features for macro tracking and the ability to turn off exercise calories (I do TDEE goals so my exercise is already accounted in it) that I do find beneficial. Considering how much I use this app, 50 a year feels reasonable enough to me for it.

But it is not like it is a completely different app with all this new functionality. It has no ads and a few useful features.