Lower sodium substitutes for tamarii

GoRun2
GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
Anybody have a lower sodium substitute for tamari? I'm very salt sensitive and weigh 1- 2 lbs more after having something with sodium in it like tamari. The weight goes away in a day or so, but it's frustrating to have the scale go up that much. It's probably not good for my blood pressure either.

TIA

Replies

• kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Have you tried the lower sodium versions of tamari? The brand San-J makes one.

If that's still too high you could try Bragg's Liquid Aminos or Coconut Aminos.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    GoRun2 wrote: »
    Anybody have a lower sodium substitute for tamari? I'm very salt sensitive and weigh 1- 2 lbs more after having something with sodium in it like tamari. The weight goes away in a day or so, but it's frustrating to have the scale go up that much. It's probably not good for my blood pressure either.

TIA

Unless you *know* that salt is contraindicated for you, and you also know that the weight gain is merely retained water, not fat, and is temporary, you have two choices:

- reduce your salt intake

- ignore it.

Your weight will fluctuate all over the place. It's perfectly normal.

:)
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    kam26001 wrote: »
    Have you tried the lower sodium versions of tamari? The brand San-J makes one.

If that's still too high you could try Bragg's Liquid Aminos or Coconut Aminos.

Love these.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Depends on what you mean by "salt sensitive." If your doctor has specifically told you to avoid or reduce salt, then it would be helpful to know how much salt you are allowed in a day.

If you just mean that the scale goes up when you eat more sodium...that's not just you. That's normal water weight fluctuation, it happens to everyone, and it has nothing to do with fat loss. Ignore it.