Am I Doing this right?

Options
Sorry to appear a bit thick but I really want to know if I'm doing this right.
I have my activity set at light as I'm on my feet quite a bit throughout the day. I have my fitbit linked up and when I hit a certain number of steps or do (proper exercise) my calories go up a bit, I tend to eat these back, unless I earn loads in which case I save them for the weekend.
Does this sound correct?
Thanks

Replies

• changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Sounds right to me!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Yes. You've got it right. Keep close track of what you eat and your calculated burn. A few weeks of data and you can dial it in if you are not losing weight.
  • Omazed
    Omazed Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yep👍
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Exercise can be inflated for some people. Can you give an example of the exercise you are doing and the calories you are earning for it?

Otherwise your plan is solid. I have routinely saved calories for the weekend and I have lost weight based on the weekly calorie deficit created.

One note though you may experience some weight fluctuations if you eat a little more on the weekends. This is normal and the scale will typically go back down in 3 to 5 days. Here is an article to read:

http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/
  • steveyaworski
    steveyaworski Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sounds on the money!
  • bradstevens28
    bradstevens28 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes it does!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    There is no 'right' there is only effective.

If doing something gets you the results you want then it's right, if using a particular approach makes things easier then it's right, if changing something makes getting what you want faster, less stressful, more sustainable, or more enjoyable then it's right.

I think this is one of the biggest pitfalls with weight management. People always try to replicate other peoples 'right' even if it's not right for them.