What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    leg lifts/toe taps, arm reps, 1hr and counting on the bike in a workout vest.

GET IT GET IT!!

• TheChristianSimone
    TheChristianSimone Posts: 156 Member
    Just finished a popsugar 30 min standing cardio workout and then followed it up with a banded booty workout. I crawled at the end to get up as I wasn't expecting it to be that hard.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    Today’s workout was a 28 mile bike ride.

I finally took the plunge and actually got a road bike. Considering the clippy shoes that go with it...
  • MoKaaz
    MoKaaz Posts: 162 Member
    It's my rest day today but I'll list yesterday's work out routine.

Elliptical 25 minutes medium intensity
    Weight lifting ten minutes (I don't log this as I cannot accurately calculate calories burned) for strength
    Elliptical 10 minutes medium-high intensity
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,112 Member
    I tried a new aerobics workout. It was way harder than my 20 minutes of cycling I usually do. I guess you do have to switch things up to keep challenging yourself.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    8/18/2019 - rest day.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    8mi trail run. Temps dropped to 100f. Felt good.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yesterday: 15 miles of hiking in the Brecon Beacons, often without benefit of path*, including an estimated 3,200+ ft of ascent.
    Today: A nice, gentle BodyBalance class. At my gym. Which is on top of a hill. FML.

*Apparently on one of those occasions there actually was a path, it was just that the leader had missed it and the one person who'd spotted it assumed there was a reason we weren't on it. But my sore ankles aren't bitter.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    8/19
    am
    Mobility
    Hip and shoulder warmup
    Yoga
    5 Tibetan Rites (5 rounds each rite working towards 21)
    Hatha Sun Salutation - 5 Rounds
    Strength
    Handstand Pushup - GTG
    *On a Yoga Block
    5 x 3 (15)
    Pull-ups - GTG
    5 x 6 (30)
    Cossack Squat - GTG
    5 x 8 (40)
    Meditate
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2019
    Friday - worked out 50 minutes (slower stuff) and in the last 10 minutes, my AirDyne Pro pedal snapped off -- the metal broke right in half. Was going slow, so I was lucky not to injure anything. But now I have to get Schwinn to tell me what to do to fix it (I think it's under warrantee still). They just don't make things like they used to! I didn't want the AD Pro, I wanted to Assault Bike, but it was my wife's choice. If I had to do it all over again now, I'd get the new Rogue Echo.

Sat - off day. Took the pups for an early AM walk.

Sunday - 90 minutes of slower cardio at the gym.
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Did my legs reps, arm reps, now on the bike for at least 45mins, hopefully 1hr.
    My scale is going up, but I'm not going to worry too much because I know I stay below calories this weekend and I've kicked up my workout routine. I'm guessing I'm retaining from pushing myself. I know it's not all about the scale. Get it Get it
  • caindove11
    caindove11 Posts: 73 Member
    3.5 mi run
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Had an "interesting" 6.5k row in an 8. Nothing to really write home about other than that I did manage to work on backing my blade in when we the boat was set (so when we were not rowing whole boat).
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,975 Member
    The standard row in a double, about 7k this time.

No singles out on the water we needed to keep an eye on this time, so we didn't row extra meters to stay on the water until they finished making the circuit. (The double's faster than a single, all other things equal; usually our double has an experience advantage, too, including steering a straighter course, vs. at least some of the singles. ;) They're all progressing great, though. :) )
    aokoye wrote: »
    Had an "interesting" 6.5k row in an 8. Nothing to really write home about other than that I did manage to work on backing my blade in when we the boat was set (so when we were not rowing whole boat).

:lol: Reading between the lines of the bolded, I'm guessing what at least part of the "interesting" was. ;)
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    edited August 2019
    (on a strength and volume cycle) Back squats 4x 8 first and then olympic lifting - 2 hang cleans and 1 power jerk x 4, 2 hang snatches x 4, 3x3 snatch pulls, 3x6 barbell push press. Done with my strength and oly lifts. To end I usually do a 2 exercise metcon. Today's metcon was 5 barbell rows immediately followed by 10 oblique knee raises x 5.
  • aokoye
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    The standard row in a double, about 7k this time.

No singles out on the water we needed to keep an eye on this time, so we didn't row extra meters to stay on the water until they finished making the circuit. (The double's faster than a single, all other things equal; usually our double has an experience advantage, too, including steering a straighter course, vs. at least some of the singles. ;) They're all progressing great, though. :) )
    aokoye wrote: »

:lol: Reading between the lines of the bolded, I'm guessing what at least part of the "interesting" was. ;)

You are correct, including with the "at least part of" bit. ;) It's funny because I was so excited for today because I skipped sculling yesterday in favor of laying in bed. Oh well, tomorrow is another day and I have my private lesson on Wednesday (90 minutes!) - in the stable rec single even! I'll be able to actually work on feathering and squaring with my fingers.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Goblet squats 1x8, 2x6
    Kinesis chest press 1x15, 2x10
    Kinesis seated row 3x10
    Tricep pushdowns 1x15
  • aokoye
    edited August 2019
    Workout number two - done. Zwift's Chase the Breakaway workout from the Zwift Academy.

Apparently today is just full of equipment issues* as Zwift decided that keeping all of my sensors connected was a terrible idea. This was not an interference issue (my watch could still see all of the things), it was a Zwift issue. My ANT+ dongle also hadn't come disconnected. It took disconnecting and reconnecting my HR monitor, cadence sensor, power meter, and smart trainer to get everything working again. Like I said earlier, tomorrow is another day - though not a bike day ;)

*Rowing's equipment issues were not related to the set of the boat and occured in both boats that we took out. Someone in the 4 dropped a spacer and their cox didn't have one in the kit they take out so we gave them one of our spares (that was in our cox's kit) and the foot stretchers in one of the seats in the 8 were wonky but apparently very fixable.
  • mandabeth34
    mandabeth34 Posts: 158 Member
    Pressed for time at the gym today. 20 minute indoor row (3.4K) and a 12-minute abs/arms video.
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    Chest and back