New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how new this is but I saw an ad today on Facebook saying peppermint bark Oreos will be here for Winter. THAT is a flavor I'd try!

Those were good.

Did the Maple Cream come out yet?
  • logiatype
    logiatype Posts: 110 Member
    edited August 2019
    j5yqu7x1g4ie.jpeg
    wxj8mkkivqrb.jpeg

Tried the Baskin Robbins vegan flavors. I can’t say they are any better than the other nut based variants. Not bad but not memorable.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 did you get to try The Sonic cookie doughs yet?
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    7bye4lstmfpr.png

I bought both varieties and tried the cookies and cream this afternoon. It's fine, nothing amazing. It has an odd flavor that I can't quite place. Maybe it's the coffee powder (and why would they put that in cookies and cream ice cream??). I'll finish it but not buy it again. Will report back when I try the chocolate peanut butter!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    7bye4lstmfpr.png

I bought both varieties and tried the cookies and cream this afternoon. It's fine, nothing amazing. It has an odd flavor that I can't quite place. Maybe it's the coffee powder (and why would they put that in cookies and cream ice cream??). I'll finish it but not buy it again. Will report back when I try the chocolate peanut butter!

Interesting. Probably for color?
  • apullum
    ggxpydqk6mrf.png

I also picked this up on my TJ's run. It is interesting. It doesn't taste like hummus to me--it's sort of like a mildly sweet brownie batter. I kinda like it, but I feel like it would be better marketed as "vegan brownie batter dip" or something similar, rather than "chocolate hummus."
  • apullum
    7bye4lstmfpr.png

Interesting. Probably for color?

That could be what some of the dark flecks are. Maybe you're just meant to think it has more cookie pieces than it actually does?

After I finished it, I decided I liked it a bit more than I originally thought, but I still wouldn't be in a rush to buy it again. I don't think it's as good as other low calorie cookies and cream ice creams. If you have a TJ's, it's worth buying and trying it for yourself since they let you return things you don't like.
  • apullum
    ggxpydqk6mrf.png

I also picked this up on my TJ's run. It is interesting. It doesn't taste like hummus to me--it's sort of like a mildly sweet brownie batter. I kinda like it, but I feel like it would be better marketed as "vegan brownie batter dip" or something similar, rather than "chocolate hummus."

Delighted By was the first dessert hummus brand... they recently rebranded to be a "dessert" brand because they found exactly this... that calling it hummus was a bit off putting.dpw43dgxahuc.jpg

That sounds like a smart marketing move. If TJ's had just called it vegan brownie batter--with only 50 calories per 28 gram serving!--I'd have gone out to get some ASAP. Calling it "chocolate hummus"...well, I took my time getting around to TJ's for that. I only bought it because I'll try almost anything chocolate.
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    I would just like to say that I keep getting Sonic ads for those cookie dough sundae/blast thingies on the side of this forum now. I don't even have a Sonic anywhere near me.
  • pancakerunner
    cdudley628 wrote: »
    I would just like to say that I keep getting Sonic ads for those cookie dough sundae/blast thingies on the side of this forum now. I don't even have a Sonic anywhere near me.

Gotta love programmatic advertising :D
  • apullum
    7bye4lstmfpr.png

I tried the chocolate peanut butter. I think it's MUCH better than the cookies and cream, and also better than the Halo Top chocolate peanut butter. There are some peanut butter swirls, but not a lot, if that's your thing. The chocolate and peanut butter flavors are nicely balanced with no weird aftertaste that you get from some "light" ice creams, and it has a nice consistency. I'd buy this one again.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    ggxpydqk6mrf.png

Delighted By was the first dessert hummus brand... they recently rebranded to be a "dessert" brand because they found exactly this... that calling it hummus was a bit off putting.dpw43dgxahuc.jpg

Im going to look for these. Where did you get them?
  • apullum
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    ggxpydqk6mrf.png

https://delightedbyhummus.com/pages/store-locator

The Trader Joe's one is at...well, you know :)
  • pancakerunner
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    ggxpydqk6mrf.png

https://delightedbyhummus.com/pages/store-locator

The Trader Joe's one is at...well, you know :)

Thanks for responding :)
  • pancakerunner
    bv2wx6dcfs8g.png
    dqmrxexxi4lp.png
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    ggxpydqk6mrf.png

Scored at Trader Joe's tonight. They had the hummus and the light ice creams.

The hummus is really good! But I agree about the name.

I haven't tried the ice creams yet but I'll get to them in the coming weeks. I have some pistachio halo tops to get through first.

• apullum
    glassyo wrote: »
    ggxpydqk6mrf.png

Scored at Trader Joe's tonight. They had the hummus and the light ice creams.

The hummus is really good! But I agree about the name.

I haven't tried the ice creams yet but I'll get to them in the coming weeks. I have some pistachio halo tops to get through first.

Tonight I had the chocolate hummus on a pita with some ricotta. 10/10, would snack again.
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    I don't think it's new, but I had apple pie dannon light n fit Greek yogurt.
    It was delicious