I tried. I failed. I’m back.

Hey all,

I joined MFP for the first time over 10 years ago even managed to lose 30 pounds! Then life happened and here I am, still 20 pounds down but with another 60 to go.

I’m looking for friends for support and motivation - and I totally believe it goes both ways, I am an awesome cheerleader! (Lets be honest, I’ve always been about 100 pounds overweight, I was never a cheerleader :D but I am an awesome friend).

I’m also a mom to 3, an almost-40 year old (which is freaking me right out!) and a small business owner. I love to run for exercise but am also going to start strength training to help these arms look a little less like they’re also turning 40.

Anyway, if you want a new friend on here please add me up! And good luck to all with whatever your personal goals are!

Replies

• jwilb2514384
    jwilb2514384 Posts: 6 Member
    Hey I’m just about to turn 40 as well! I lost 25 a few months ago but gained back 10 since then. I’m starting again hoping to lose that 10 and then some.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,470 Member
    "fall seven times, get up eight" - cliche but solid. Everyone has setbacks; the important thing is to just keep driving forward. You got this!
  • mactiosk
    mactiosk Posts: 11 Member
    Best of luck to you! Here’s hoping 40 really IS fabulous! lol
  • mactiosk
    edited August 2019
    Thanks JBanx! Cliches stick around for a reason - they’re (typically) great advice! 😁
  • ieat2muchlol
    ieat2muchlol Posts: 11 Member
    I'm adding you!

how long have you been running for? I've been doing it on and off for a couple of years but I can't seem to stick with it 😑
  • mactiosk
    I am exactly the same way! Running is the only type of exercise I enjoy but I train for a few weeks, run my 5K (or whatever I was training for) and then I stop... only to decide I need to train again 6 months later 🙄.
  • Mandea0321
    Mandea0321 Posts: 16 Member
    I have a similar story (right down to the 3 kids and loving to run) and I have to lose about the same amount of weight. ☺️
    I will add you, if you don’t mind.
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Sent a friend request. I love running, except when it's hot. Or cold. Or when I'm actually doing it. But other than that I love it. Will be running a 10K next month and hoping for a half marathon next year.