Gain weight!

Options
sguadalupe77
sguadalupe77 Posts: 1 Member
Hello I’m new here! I’m pettite and small. I want to gain weight. I do hard exercises like cross training and I want to eat some food that bring me energy for that.

Also, can I eat carbs? I know that I have to control it but is a source of energy for my body right?

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Yes you can eat as many carbs as you want. There is no reason to control carbs at all. You are trying to gain weight so more is better. Cutting out one macro (whether carbs, fat, protein, etc) cna make that harder. Aim for a balanced diet.

To gain weight you need to eat more calories than your body burns. If you are doing intense circuit training, you will need to eat even more calories to account for that.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Definitely do not restrict your carbs, they are great for energy and muscle gain, plus many people find they aren't as filling (but satiety is a personal thing so you may have to experiment). Make sure you are getting adequate protein and fat as well then you can fill in carbs for the rest. If you are trying to gain muscle I would think about incorporating some kind of progressive resistance training. Not sure what your cross training involves if it is more aerobics/cardio based.