What's on your mind?

Replies

• George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Do I write something new, rewrite something old that I like but needs massive revision, or submit something I have and am already happy with...?

Yes
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Do I write something new, rewrite something old that I like but needs massive revision, or submit something I have and am already happy with...?

Something old you’re happy with. If you attempt something new, it might be clouded with this thing hanging over your head whereas the old thing has stood the test of time.

When my grandma died i wrote a poem and my mom liked it so much she wanted it on the obituary/program thing. So then when my other grandma passed away, my mom gave me the job of writing one to be inserted in the program. I cringe so hard when i see that one now but i still like the first one because it was more spontaneous and authentic, despite there being some things I would revise
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited August 2019
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Something old you’re happy with. If you attempt something new, it might be clouded with this thing hanging over your head whereas the old thing has stood the test of time.

When my grandma died i wrote a poem and my mom liked it so much she wanted it on the obituary/program thing. So then when my other grandma passed away, my mom gave me the job of writing one to be inserted in the program. I cringe so hard when i see that one now but i still like the first one because it was more spontaneous and authentic, despite there being some things I would revise

What ancient rites must be invoked to see these poems?
  • Reckoner68

Yes

I think, long-term, this is the correct answer. Dunno about the short-term though, heheh
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Wondering if I'm the only one who types up a lengthy response to someone's comment on here and then erases it because I'm afraid it's coming across the wrong way.

Kinda constantly, although in my case I finish typing and think "...that's way more than anybody cares about, really" and I delete it.

Though I used to go into the Fun & Games threads where everybody types "no" or "yes" over and over and I'd try to write up the biggest stuff that I could, more often than not the first reply would be "no" but I guess I kept myself entertained for a bit

Yup me too - I’ll finish and think no one gives a crap what I think lol - every once in while ill send it through though 🤷‍♂️
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »

What ancient rites must be invoked to see these poems?

They’re pretty meaningless when you don’t know my grandmas 😅
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Wondering if I'm the only one who types up a lengthy response to someone's comment on here and then erases it because I'm afraid it's coming across the wrong way.

I do this but I don't feel like I'm coming off the wrong way, I just delete because no one really knows me around here and my post will just get ignored so I save myself the embarrassment lol
  • Mtnbikn
    Mtnbikn Posts: 428 Member

I do this but I don't feel like I'm coming off the wrong way, I just delete because no one really knows me around here and my post will just get ignored so I save myself the embarrassment lol

How sad 🙁
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member

I think you underestimate yourself wildly. Lots of folks round here hang on your every word.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    dak205 wrote: »

How sad 🙁

Not really sad. I just dont stick around too long to have a conversation with the regular users.
  • _sw33tp3a_11

I think you underestimate yourself wildly. Lots of folks round here hang on your every word.

Oh George 😆🤣
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    What's on my mind is that all the other women here (and that I encounter) seem to not have much in the way (or any) forehead creases, yet mine are massive. Now it's all I can see or think about and it's bothering me. They are a permanent fixture on my face and now I have to see them every time I look in a mirror. I can't unsee them.

Lots and lots of retinoids and moisturizers. I'm ready for botox.

How much exactly is "a lot"?
  • Reckoner68

Kinda constantly, although in my case I finish typing and think "...that's way more than anybody cares about, really" and I delete it.

Though I used to go into the Fun & Games threads where everybody types "no" or "yes" over and over and I'd try to write up the biggest stuff that I could, more often than not the first reply would be "no" but I guess I kept myself entertained for a bit

you should bring back the how is this person gonna die thread. that was a good one to get descriptive.

Wasn't that a @tinkerhellraiser thread? I don't go in there much anymore, if it hasn't been around it should be.

I need to find a picture of the Altered Beast starting screen with the words "RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE" on it for when I resurrect old threads. I think about that every time I go looking for old threads.

some my finest work before i went into retirement

...dang, how long have you been retired now?!
  • Reckoner68

you should bring back the how is this person gonna die thread. that was a good one to get descriptive.

Wasn't that a @tinkerhellraiser thread? I don't go in there much anymore, if it hasn't been around it should be.

I need to find a picture of the Altered Beast starting screen with the words "RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE" on it for when I resurrect old threads. I think about that every time I go looking for old threads.

some my finest work before i went into retirement

...dang, how long have you been retired now?!

it would be 2 years but i keep getting pulled out to work on special cases the rookies are having trouble solving

Quality threads are hard to come by in F&G, thank you for your service
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Trying to determine what the best food to take backpacking this weekend would be. I am looking at mountain house and oatmeal.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited August 2019
    Trying to determine what the best food to take backpacking this weekend would be. I am looking at mountain house and oatmeal.

Sounds good @mountain house packs + oatmeal. How do you prep your oatmeal?

I like the Mountain House granola + milk + blueberries pouch.

Eta: If I do remember to prep-Ziploc pack dried yoghurt powder & squeezable pb pouches, I like to add that to the granola pouch for a yoghurt pb taste. I prefer dried granola with yoghurt plus toppings.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member

mountain house is pretty good depending on which one you get. ramen's okay too. instant mashed potatoes are good. just basically anything that you can pour hot water on to eat without having to wait too long.

helpful tip for food that the containers won't fit in your bag easily, just dump it into ziploc freezer bags instead, then when you're ready to eat pour your hot water into that directly and eat from it. takes up way less space and its easier to carry.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    edited August 2019
    What's on my mind is that all the other women here (and that I encounter) seem to not have much in the way (or any) forehead creases, yet mine are massive. Now it's all I can see or think about and it's bothering me. They are a permanent fixture on my face and now I have to see them every time I look in a mirror. I can't unsee them.

Lots and lots of retinoids and moisturizers. I'm ready for botox.

How much exactly is "a lot"?

@CanesGalactica
    RX strength every 2-3 days or so. I definitely don't use it daily. OTC retinols I use as needed for whatever spot treatment I need whether its acne, hyper pigmentation or I happen to notice my brow lines are deeper than usual from squinting in the sun. My skin care routine is pretty crazy (my OCD goes into overdrive on this subject). I'm 46 and I feel that I'm aging pretty well.

Retinols take time to work. Usually you can see minor results within 4-6 wks. I'm a big believer in sun block, vitamin C and hydration serums. These things won't make the lines, wrinkles or marks go away permenantly but they can reduce visibility, keep them from getting deeper and help prevent the formation of new ones. I personally cannot smile without

Also, I hugged your post since someone was mean enough to woo you.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Wondering if I have the will to make myself worth the effort.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    What does this red button do?

Press it and let us know :D

Did you hear that?

I did.. sounds like the same sound when you make me pull your finger 😂🤣

😂😂 Funny, I did not see that response coming.

I'm full of surprises 😂