The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• jruiz4120
    jruiz4120 Posts: 56 Member
    Hi everyone I’m 32 love running have lost a lot now working on my last 8lbs. Feel free to add me
  • vickiefitz81
    vickiefitz81 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi, I’m new-ish. Been on MFP for a month, lost 7lb so far. Was feeling really fat and old with no energy and tired all the time. Now i’m sorting my bad eating habits out and actually moving my butt alot more I feel pretty good! Would be nice to have some friends on here to chat to now i’m in “the zone” 😀
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Turning the big four nine end of the month.....focusing on putting in five decent runs a week (I'm working on hitting 7 milers on average when I can) and balance everything else. Dropped 50 over a period of time and at this point am in maintainance mode. I don't try to be perfect about it. Just realistic and eat/do better than I did when I had that 50 on me. Physically feel better than I have in 20 years.
  • ___kalel78
    ___kalel78 Posts: 13 Member
    I’m 41 feel 25 but the hangovers get worse 🤣Am from the uk feel free to add me
  • mscanadianbakin
    mscanadianbakin Posts: 138 Member
    42 and holding
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,945 Member
    Hi, I’m new-ish. Been on MFP for a month, lost 7lb so far. Was feeling really fat and old with no energy and tired all the time. Now i’m sorting my bad eating habits out and actually moving my butt alot more I feel pretty good! Would be nice to have some friends on here to chat to now i’m in “the zone” 😀

You've got this, and everyone is here to support you!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Hi to all the newbies!

I am slowly gaining weight. It is very discouraging. I am just hungry ALL the time and I am so exhausted. I have no energy to muster up the will power to resist the constant cravings. I have even removed all the bread from the house (and my kids have to go without) because I can't resist eating it if it is there. It doesn't help.

Anyway, whine over. Suck it up buttercup or deal with the consequences in silence.

Hi! :smiley:
  • SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    Hi all! Took me ages to get in here, I keep getting errors.

Hope everyone's well anyway and has a good day!
  • mitzib1973
    mitzib1973 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, everyone! Been back on MFP for a week now. I turned 46 back in July, but I’ve felt much, much older for a long time. I have too many health problems for a person my age, and when my husband and I were diagnosed with type 2 diabetes we decided to get off our butts and turn this around. We started changing our diets at the beginning of the year and in July we added in weight training at our local gym. On my last bloodwork, I had taken my A1c out of the diabetic range, and my doc said if I can keep it there for a year she’ll remove my diagnosis. My husband has lowered his to almost normal. I still have a long way to go to meet my goal (almost 100 pounds), so I’d love to meet some like-minded people to give and receive encouragement and motivation.
  • Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    Hope everyone’s week is starting off good! Not much going on here, just work, work, work!
  • corpsebride3406
    corpsebride3406 Posts: 13 Member
    Not new starting out yet again, any support on the journey is greatly appreciated x
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    mitzib1973 wrote: »
    Hi, everyone! Been back on MFP for a week now. I turned 46 back in July, but I’ve felt much, much older for a long time. I have too many health problems for a person my age, and when my husband and I were diagnosed with type 2 diabetes we decided to get off our butts and turn this around. We started changing our diets at the beginning of the year and in July we added in weight training at our local gym. On my last bloodwork, I had taken my A1c out of the diabetic range, and my doc said if I can keep it there for a year she’ll remove my diagnosis. My husband has lowered his to almost normal. I still have a long way to go to meet my goal (almost 100 pounds), so I’d love to meet some like-minded people to give and receive encouragement and motivation.

Wow, sounds like your getting there, it takes time, keep going !
  • Hello all! I’m 55 and starting Keto. My weight loss journey started February 2017. I’ve lost 30 lbs. I was able to reduce then remove my insulin (type 2). Then my a1c began to rise and my doc put me back on insulin. I’ve gained back about 8 lbs since then. Now doc threatens with raising my insulin even more. I feel like I’m almost allergic to carbs and I’ve broken my pancreas. So I’m trying Keto to see if it will help me.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Happy Monday v2.0!
  • Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Taco Tuesday!!!

In so excited. The fresh produce is coming into stores here so I got this today and I get to make all sorts of goodies with themooxdqchdmm5s.jpg

😮. That’s a lot of tomatoes
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Good morning Middle-agers .. Well it's Hump day already for me.. on the downhill slide to the weekend.. 🥳
  • phat94gt
    phat94gt Posts: 2 Member
    Hello everyone. Just turned 50 and have lost about 50 lbs. More to go.