Steph's OMAD Accountability Thread

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    No one can resist Bub's cuteness😍 Congrats on money's coming in, potential on the horizon, and Ced's new biz venture👍👏🎉 Good luck with your egg fast too👍🥚
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    LMAO you're right ladies! Took him to my mom's this weekend and by a stop to pick up recreational stuff OMW home and everyone just loves him so much and thinks he's the coolest! It doesn't hurt that he loves everyone, and is VERY expressive, and will sit in my arms for endless amounts of time :D:D He's a ham :P

The story behind going to Mama's is this - Ced came home Friday and was like "Look...your new laptop isn't here yet, so you can't work at Mama's so you'll have to go on the weekends. I have to work most of the weekend so why don't you head out there now to avoid the storms, and we'll do an end-of-the-summer picnic Tues afternoon when I'm off work out at the park!" - well you don't have to tell me twice! Super excited! I hope he remembers that I'm egg fasting though so egg salad for me :)

SO MUCH TO TELL Y'ALL I FEEL LIKE!

First off - Monday weigh in - 157.1

MUCH better than I thought it would be seeing as I IF-ed but went wayyyy over Th-Sun
    I won't go into all the cal breakdowns but I was a solid 4-700 over every day LOL - Culver's and chinese food all weekend - gotta love it at Mama's! LOL

Went to Meijer to w/ Mama and eggs were 69 cents a dozen - how convenient! Got 3 dozen for my egg fast - forgot to reup on cheese though. So need to run to the store today and get a variety of cheese...I have a extra sharp cheddar, havarti, and parm which are 3 of my faves and I'll get more of them BUT I want some extra variety for this. For fat I'm only really using butter and mayo (I use minimal butter with my eggs normally, but mayo for egg salad is a must). I'm also adding in celery, because I really can't see it hurting LOL EGG SALAD SCOOP! :P

I forgot to prep in all other food areas so I have leftover chicken and pork tenderloin that'll spoil by the weekend SO I'm making up a casserole with rice and cheese and broc and my proteins - I'll throw it in the freezer for Ced or a diff time :) Conveniently I had some broccoli to use up too so good timing - the only thing I have that I'm a little worried about are my strawberries and green peps - but they should hold up for 5 days right? I hope so :)

I feel like I have more to tell you but I can't remember what it is at the moment, so stay tuned - there may very well be follow up posts LOL
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    :'(:'( where is a monday pic of the cute boy ???? Bubs ---not Ced ---although I am sure Ced is cute too :) LOL

Your weekend sounds like mine ---but not it is an EGGscellent time to fast :) LOL
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited August 2019
    LMFAO I was just sending one! LOLOLOL - JUST took this right before I posted it :p

#SleepinOnTheJob
    #WhatASlacker

pdyym1cicymi.png

LMFAO I was thinking of good egg pun earlier too :D:D:D

Ced's cute, but Bubs is OBVIOUSLY cuter LMAO
  • mistymeadows2005
    Here's a few from "our chair" at Mama's LOL

chgeztfnpqjf.png

(it cracks me up when he sleeps like this...i don't know how his head stays up lmao)
    4ltnuo0s1ahe.png
  • volgirl1322
    OMG the little guy is getting big!!!!! I guess all those naps are needed for a growing boy LOL how can he keep getting cuter and cuter .......that little squishy face :)<3<3
  • mistymeadows2005
    HE IS GETTING BIG! I don't think he's going to get MUCH bigger...he's rollin' around 5 pounds right now - Smidge got to around 7 total once she filled out so I imagine that's about where he'll end too...but length etc. he's mostly fully grown :) his lil smushy face will never go away which means he'll look like a kitten FOREVER! MWAHAHAHAHAH

And he'll be MY baby forever too <3
  • He is very cute. But yeah he has grown a lot. :0)
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited August 2019
    Happy Tuesday Kids!

LONG POST ALERT!

Day 1 Egg Fast - I'm going to start by saying I lost NOTHING. Not an OUNCE. That's weird for me on a NORMAL NON FASTING Monday - so needless to say I'm unhappy. 157.1

I also still feel really bloated so maybe I didn't get enough water in? Maybe it's delayed? I feel PUFFY and FELT the lack of weight loss just in my middle section. YUCK I OMADed too! 2.5 hours eating window.

The day was an adventure though! Here's my report and pics.

On the creative side, I made s'mores flavored "cheesecake" and cinnamon vanilla "ice cream" shown here:

Cheesecake made with 8 oz cream cheese, 3 eggs, splenda, and flavoring - made like 4 servings
    t1isal8kkxrb.png
    ojbz2nvg0wn8.png

Ice cream - 8 oz cream cream, 10 egg yolks, 1 cup water, vanilla, splenda, cinnamon - made like 20 oz of ice cream.
    t9ejm8gio3sr.png

Dinner - egg salad with celery and parm crisps, a 3 egg omelet with extra sharp cheddar and chives.
    9zzym0sjil3y.png

So total damage yesterday (I had 2 pieces of the cheesecake, and 1 container of ice cream)
    Cals - 2425
    Def - (428)

That was probably part of the issues - calories add up so fast when you're doing this - so today I'm going to keep it below my TDEE and WAY up my water content and see if that does the job :) I'm also only eating 1 piece of cheesecake and 1/2 the container of ice cream today and tomorrow respectively - I'm going to do a stricter fast Thursday too so I'll go without both, and just stick with savory eggs (mrah, but I'm going to have to). I don't generally do well with super strict low carb/keto - not bc of issues sticking with it, but I did low carb for so long that it just seemed to stop working - there are theories that it's harder to lose on low carb because of some sort of correlation between taking antibiotics more than 16 weeks in your life and less efficiency...well I was on antibiotics for 15 years straight because of the lack of spleen LMAO - who knows if that's true but meh...Long story short I'm going to have to combine this with lower cal and OMAD to be efficient...I shouldn't be surprised that's been the case for me across the board LOL. I'll stick with it through Friday though...gotta give it a fair shot. BUT SO HELP ME - if I'm not at or below 150 by Thurs, I'm going to be upset and I'll probs just full fast to at least not make the week WORSE than a normal week would be (Lord knows the food isn't what I'd choose if I wasn't egg fasting LOL).

Sorry for the lengthy post - here's a cute picture of Bubs demanding attention this morning after Ced woke me up calling me from work to tell me the weather forecast changed and our picnic as to be moved LOL

8m3td3z47u7y.png

Hopefully it's going better for you @volgirl1322 - trying again today so stay tuned.
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Man, I wish I had known about the egg fast. I definitely would have joined you. I have never done one but I have read up on them.

Here is a recipe for egg fast fettuccine Alfredo if you like for more variety.

https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/egg-fast-recipe-fettuccini-alfredo-low-carb/

There may be an egg fast in my near future.
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited August 2019
    JOIN US NOW! It's early in the day! Donna is going through tom, I'm going through Thurs :) I saw that recipe but did a LOT of cooking already yest so wasn't feeling up to that - will keep it on my list though!

Thank you for that particular post though for 2 reasons - 1, this one looks relatively simple so I think I'll try it tonight. 2 though - I looked at what she ate and lost and it's about what I did! Other than I had a tiche more cheese than she did. I think with lowering that overall volume a tiche, and HARD PUSHING water today, I should be good to at least get to goal :)
  • volgirl1322
    OMG <3 he is so cute.....

Yep I was a bit frustrated with no loss this morning and I did drink about 120 oz of water yesterday so I know that wasn't my issue. Not sure what it could be, but hoping to see results tomorrow. I had two eggs for breakfast (around 10) and have felt sick ever since.....not sure what the deal is, but I just don't feel like eating my egg salad for lunch......hoping it passes by dinner time :) if not, then the scale shall be forced to move :)

Yes Trace---join us :)!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Yeah I'm lowering my cals and pushing extra water and hoping it's a delay due to the shake up and all the fat content...I guess we'll find out! If I still show no loss tomorrow I may call an audible and switch it up - we'll see! LOL

I'm sticking with OMAD because it's just habit and easier with my schedule - again I guess we'll see!
  • volgirl1322
    Yeah I did OMAD yesterday but today the eggs were calling early and now I am regretting that.....If no loss tomorrow I may just abort :) and finish the week low carbish and OMAD.......to be continued :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Ditto babe, ditto - we'll see!
  • mistymeadows2005
    MAKE NOTE - for me personally, the WHIPPED egg salad is SO much better and more palatable - I'm eating it as a dip with celery right now :) I used my immersion blender and it worked like a charm :)

(I got hungry so figured it won't hurt to eat now seeing as the plan calls for you to eat all day lmao)
  • volgirl1322
    YUMMY!!!! I made mine and it was a softer version of egg salad, I am the over medium type and my egg salad was underdone but I just love it that way.......

• mistymeadows2005
    I would enjoy that too probably! I do love me a runny yolk...but wouldn't work in my case for THIS purpose because I made 16 eggs worth at a time, so it had to last for a few days. This whipped stuff is really good, but I'm nervous to have any more because of the lack of results yest!

Interestingly enough (it was super slow today, so I'm doing research LOL) - most people found that they shed water weight REALLY fast with this. Like in HOURS. AND their belly pooch ( @jadepearl the mommy pooch you were talking about) reduced DRAMTICALLY. I'm like HOW?!?!?!??!?!? I've never felt like my belly was so puffy in my LIFE! LMAO - literally I feel like I'm on my period, that's how bloaty and water-retention-y I feel LOL. Like LITERALLY all of them stated this as a big benefit :expressionless: I just have to assume because we weren't keto before that the transition takes longer...but I eat pretty fairly low carb in general, though granted the few days before this I didn't. We'll find out tomorrow morning, but I'D BETTER see like a 5 pound drop O/N otherwise no go...I'll go back to what I know will get 7-8 pounds off in 4 days LOL
  • volgirl1322
    Hoping you see some results girl :) I had a three pound so far.....not as much as I wanted but I'll take it......for now :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    I am 154.8 this morning - 2.3 O/N loss.

No where near what I wanted, but enough to stick with it. In fact, I MIGHT do Friday too just to give it as long as possible to do its work. 6.9 pounds (2.3 for the next 3 nights) would put me at 147ish and with a rebound from extreme keto (I'm guessing 2-3 lbs) that'll put me where I wanted to be - my "high end" being 150 or less :)

SO I'm sticking with it - I haven't had any keto symptoms except a little bit of light sleeping but that's not the end of the world LOL. I'm progressively lowering my cals through the days so I can see the best results possible. In GOOD NEWS I don't feel nearly as bloated as yesterday but still a little - I'm going to take some natural laxitives and hope that helps more today. I'm staying on top of the water again too. I DO HAVE PICS! LOL

I added all my recipes into MFP so my cals would be more accurate...determined my recipes will make 4 servings cheesecake, 5 servings ice cream, 6 servings "egg muffins" (picture below)
    Yesterday I had - whipped egg salad with celery around 4pm, egg fast "fettuccine alfredo" (thanks @LadyBlanks ) around 10pm, and dessert right after.

Cals - 1681
    Def - 114

Made these "muffins" - the recipe called for it to be sweet but I've got sweet stuff already so I made them garlic scallion flavored, and I'll melt cheese on them when reheating should I wish LOL
    ef99ix310q7o.png

Dinner- fettuccine it was NOT, but it was VERY rich and salty...it did the job.
    xzqzgzcsxmp3.png

Dessert -
    1 piece cheesecake, 1 "serving" ice cream
    qpqk9d3k1z4n.png

Work has been super busy, which is pleasant! I like staying busy plus more loans=more money for Steph :)

Here's some pictures of my coworker...this is how he was chillin', ALLLLLL stretched out LOL...he's the single most trusting cat on the planet LMAO

y9y3w9xiv72n.png
    uarpme07my0r.png

Happy Weds Kids!