Is it possible to get a body of a model if you got overweight once, or twice? 😳

Hi fellow weitloosers, my weight has been out of control for almost 10 years now 😬 I've been on both ends, both too skinny and too fat and I wonder if it is possible to get an amazing dolphin 🐬 like body if you have streatched your body before?!

Replies

• jruiz4120
    jruiz4120 Posts: 56 Member
    I don’t see why not. It might be a little harder
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    It depends what you mean by model (dolphin?) body.. if you have the genetics for it, sure. Many models/trainers/fitness models get pregnant or gain weight then go back. Obviously it can come with loose skin, stretch marks, scars and all that but they still work it.

Just strive to be the best version of you.

^^This. :)

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Good luck with your journey!
  • fitsthemold
    fitsthemold Posts: 67 Member
    Definitely possible with enough hard work and discipline.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited August 2019
    voronec wrote: »
    Hi fellow weitloosers, my weight has been out of control for almost 10 years now 😬 I've been on both ends, both too skinny and too fat and I wonder if it is possible to get an amazing dolphin 🐬 like body if you have streatched your body before?!

Absolutely. Some would assume otherwise, however not all who'd amassed in size and were once active athletes and/or models for a time with low bf% above LBM failed to recover their bodies. Some actually upgraded, depending on their bodies' ability and responses (efficiency) to nutrition, training (emphasis on conditioning) Vs genetics, lifestyle maintenance, skin quality and skincare protocols.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I've got a ways to go before reaching my goals but I'd still rather have my body, lumps and all, than any model's.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    What is a dolphin like body? This is a new one on me.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    What is a dolphin like body? This is a new one on me.[/quote]

Ditto.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited August 2019
    sardelsa wrote: »
    It depends what you mean by model (dolphin?) body.. if you have the genetics for it, sure. Many models/trainers/fitness models get pregnant or gain weight then go back. Obviously it can come with loose skin, stretch marks, scars and all that but they still work it.

Just strive to be the best version of you.

+1 👆
    k8eekins wrote: »
    voronec wrote: »

Absolutely. Some would assume otherwise, however not all who'd amassed in size and were once active athletes and/or models for a time with low bf% above LBM failed to recover their bodies. Some actually upgraded, depending on their bodies' ability and responses (efficiency) to nutrition, training (emphasis on conditioning) Vs genetics, lifestyle maintenance, skin quality and skincare protocols.

+1👆

Look up WBBF Transformation division. Or even the Atlantic Fitness Transformation Division.

By dolphin, do you mean streamlined? Am unfamiliar with a dolphin bodytype.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    what kind of model? there are lots of body types. fashion, couture, figure, boudior, indie, commercial
    lose weight slowly and it should minimize the amount of time your skin needs to bounce back. strength training will minimize loss of muscle mass.
    being a model is a full time job. if you aren't working, networking, you are working on a well rounded diet and exercise.
    also a lot of it is genetics and there isn't a whole lot you can do with that
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    what kind of model? there are lots of body types. fashion, couture, figure, boudior, indie, commercial
    lose weight slowly and it should minimize the amount of time your skin needs to bounce back. strength training will minimize loss of muscle mass.
    being a model is a full time job. if you aren't working, networking, you are working on a well rounded diet and exercise.
    also a lot of it is genetics and there isn't a whole lot you can do with that

🙌Precisely. There are sooooo many modeling boards to qualify for now, even "real size " or "ugly model" boards.