JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    This says it all
    hn7chv0vd8rz.jpeg
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Hi all, been absent this weekend as yesterday was crazy busy with the dinner party for my parents and today has been mostly spent recovering. I didn’t even set goals for today but calling the weekend a wash and starting fresh tomorrow. Just wanted to check in and send you all lots of love. X
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sunday 18 August

Log accurately ;) guesses again due to eating out
    Stay in the green :) there or thereabouts depending on the accuracy of my guesses!
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge >:)
    Feb challenge >:)
    Mar challenge >:)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge >:)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :)
    Aug challenge > :) I've logged so I know I've not had enough water!

My day didn't go as planned and I did not stay on track with water and moving each hour. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, I will drink some water before going to sleep otherwise I know that I will be thirsty during the night.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    Scale Goals progress:
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:βœ… -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:βœ… -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:βœ… -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5.
    Jan 2018: 165: 😏 Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: 😏 Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: πŸ˜„ Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: πŸ’ͺ🏻 Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: 😜 Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 😁 Phew! It’s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says I’m β€˜healthy’ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    06/08: 167.4
    07/08: 167.4
    08/08: 166.9
    09/08: 166.4
    10/08: 166.4
    11/08: 166.3
    12/08: 166.0
    13/08: 166.0
    14/08: 165.2
    15/08: 165.2
    16/08: 165.0
    17/08: 164.4
    18/08: 164.6 Normal bounce up after prolonged dropping
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    CW: 164.6 - 2.8 lb
    ==============================

JFT: Sun 18 August
    Nice easy day today.
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Log food/stay in the green/hydrate 🌟
    • 25 mins circuits/yoga 😏 12 mins done
    • 6000+ steps 🌟 6200+
    • Visit Elder daughter and her boys 🌟
    • 15+ mins declutter session 🌟
    • Work on crochet 🌟

JFT: Mon 19 August[/b]
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log food/stay in the green/hydrate
    • 25 mins circuits/yoga
    • 6000+ steps
    • 2 hour dance session after lunch
    • 15+ mins declutter session
    • Work on crochet
    • Laundry
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. AM run: Try for 4 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Publish a blog post. Continue bartending course. Practice braiding? Read Trekonomics and update Goodreads.
    3. Lunch with parents.
    4. Week 3 lesson plans. Update rosters and transfer grades. Laundry. Prep saag and freeze. Chop celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch. PLAN AND LOG ALL FOOD FOR TOMORROW. You have the time to do this. DO IT.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow. Gratitude Journal.
    7. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 5:30.

JFT Monday
    1. AM run: 2 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions.
    3. Class 1: Correct possessives assignment. Literature terms. Begin reading "Miss Awful."
    4.Class 2-3: Correct possessives assignment. Literature terms. Read "Sound of Thunder."
    5. Planning: A - Update class websites. B - Blog post. C - Input classwork grades. D - Grade 5 summer essays.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! PLAN AND LOG FOR TOMORROW. Pack the checkbook.
    7. Dinner: Soup. Rehearsal.
    8. Read 10 pages of Dying for a Paycheck. Update Goodreads Friday. Weigh and prep celery. Prep cheese. Pack lunch.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:10.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format, poetry. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Continue bartending course. Check w/ dad about getting bikes to shop next week (?)

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 194.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Sept 18 10:15. ObG Oct 22 10:30. GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mamma Mia. Next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. New week coming up. I love ABBA but this show on top of back to school ... I'm barely keeping up.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member

That character is a true likeness and struggle of me myself and I!!!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Monday 19 August

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge
    Aug challenge
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 941 Member
    Haven't weighed myself for a couple of weeks. Did this morning and have put on a couple of pounds. Need to stop this now, would be happy with maintaining right now as not really focussed enough to stick to 1200 calories.

So JFT Monday 19th

Stay under maintenance
    No snacking
    Drink enough (have water when you can't get tea!)
    Stay positive. Remember - positive thoughts make the day better :)
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Morning all. Crazy weekend is now done and dusted and I’m feeling very focussed about achieving the things I need to do in the coming weeks and months. Milestones ahead will be going back to school in a couple of weeks and then the operation in early december. I really want to make sure I am ready for these things - everything from my own physical fitness to having a tidy and organised home. Am keeping up my runs and workouts and have decorating work starting next week in the house so am on track so far! Hosting play dates and sleepovers here today so pls send me lots of patience vibes!!

Monday goals:
    - morning long run βœ… 10 miles!! 😊
    - Laundry βœ…
    - Measure up bathroom, research baths and showers
    - Buy bf birthday gift
    - Get TV license
    - Book exercise classes for the week βœ…
    - Online groceries
    - Health food store
    - Tan/eyebrows if time
    - Bed at a reasonable hour

Have a great start to the week everyone x
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Hey all, checking back in after a bit of an extended absence!

I've been struggling quite a bit lately, which I see from reading through that lots of you have as well. I had a holiday in France at the end of July which I was really looking forward to - I was pretty exhausted from work so was really looking forward to a week off where I was planning to just relax, spend lots of time outside, exercise, read... Unfortunately, in reality it turned out to be less than a relaxing experience... I was staying with my boyfriend's very large French family and 'relaxation' turned out to be somewhat hard to come by. I could barely sit down to read for about five minutes without some child wanting me to listen to them read, or a command coming from my boyfriend's mother to come and prepare some food, or a request from the boyfriend's sister to watch the kids for a while. All this was obviously quite reasonable and natural - you have to pitch in when you're staying with a big family - but it meant that the relaxation didn't happen quite as I'd envisaged! Also, the weather was not conducive to the exercise I'd planned. Half of the week was a heatwave, where it was too hot to do anything, then the second half of the week was miserable downpour. So exercise didn't happen (but obviously eating did).

So the result was that I came back not particularly more relaxed than when I went away, but several pounds heavier. And I went back to work to find thing were still just as awful as when I left. You may remember that my organisation is going through a 'transitional change' - my old organisation got 'abolished' and then got merged with two other organisations into a new one. We had a new CEO, who was awful, and subsequently got fired. We were hoping that things were going to get better following that, but very little has changed. There seem to be some real bad eggs and nasty politics going on within the management, and this is cascading down to create problems and chaos for all of those below. The atmosphere is really terrible and it seems like everyone is leaving. Every week there is a leaving do - sometimes more than one. And the HR director is making it really difficult to hire any replacements, so the number of people is going down and down. The place is half empty, it is super depressing. And those of us that are left are having to deal with more and more work and assorted chaos. My direct report handed her notice in nearly two months ago now - she's leaving at the end of next week - and they are still faffing around arguing about whether we actually need to replace her or not. I'm really quite concerned about how I'm going to cope when she's gone, as everything will fall on me then. Although really, I'm already feeling the impact because, with her leaving in two weeks, I'm starting to take over stuff that would have been done by her because I'm the one who will have to finish it anyway.

So, work is pretty awful, and is eating my time and energy. At the same time, I'm trying to maintain efforts to get a new job. The good news is that I actually do have an interview! On the 11th September. The bad thing though is that I'm finding it really difficult to find the time - and energy - to do anything for it. I feel like I should be putting lots of energy into that, but I don't really have any left after I'm done with work. I take papers with me to work with the intention of reading them on the train, or in my lunch break, but then find I just can't. So I haven't really done anything, and I'm feeling guilty about it. I'm also feeling guilty about the fact that I'm not doing very much to look/ apply for other jobs as well. I am still taking a day off a week to in theory do career stuff, but the reality is I'm often only spending a couple of hours on career stuff by the time I've a bit of a lie in (because I'm exhausted) and caught up on the chores I haven't managed to do in the rest of the week (because I'm exhausted). So, other than the interview, I'm not really going anywhere with the career stuff and I just feel a bit trapped.

I did actually have a good meeting with my CEO about my career. She doesn't want me to leave, and suggested a couple of things that could be opportunities for me:
    - One would be that she's thinking of creating a role around 'service design' that she thinks I'd be good at, and is open to effectively telling the relevant director to create this role, which I'd probably get if I went for it. This is obviously good news, and I feel really lucky to have this option. However, I'm not too sure if this is the type of role I want to do - I'd been thinking about another line of work, and I don't want to go into something that ultimately isn't what I really want to do, because that would just take me further from what I actually want to to. I'd also potentially have to manage someone who is a bit of a pain, and also would have to keep on dealing with all the c*&* that's going on in my company. But, it's an option which I could consider
    - The other would be for me to keep some of my existing role, but give up bits of it in order to take on new areas - in effect having a kind of hybrid role. This is actually quite interesting, but the big challenge is, with the whole issue around them potentially not replacing my direct report, it's not clear what bits of my role I'd be able to give up because there's nobody else to do them!!! If they do give the go-ahead to hire someone though, I could push for this - I would need to figure out what the extra things I'd like to take on are though

The upshot of all this is that:
    - I've been feeling rather stressed, overwhelmed, and negative, and have been binging and overeating to make myself feel better. It hasn't made me feel better. I've put on about eight pounds now and am feeling really fat and flabby, and disappointed with myself. My energy levels are really low and when I try to exercise I struggle because I'm lugging round eight extra pounds of fat (and also I think I just feel mentally and emotionally tired which is making me feel physically tired)
    - Because of the need to do career stuff e.g. prepare for interview, I've felt too busy to log on and set goals. I've been intending to use the time to prepare for my interview instead. I also feel pressure to keep up my French so I don't lose it. But in reality, I've done very little on either career or French because I've been too drained

Something needs to change, I can't go on like this. I think the first thing is going to be to just get my eating and drinking under control. Binging and drinking doesn't actually make me feel any better; overall it's just making me feel worse. I need to make a plan for how I can look after myself and deal with negative emotions without turning to food and drink. I think I also need to make a REALISTIC plan for how I can fit in my career stuff, without putting too much pressure on myself.

Within this plan, I need to work out whether I'll be able to log on here and post goals or not. It's tricky because I think I have done worse since I stopped doing that. But it does take out a chunk of every day that I'm not sure I can spare. I have thought about checking in and doing weekly goals on here, and then setting daily goals for myself just on pen and paper - I can do that more quickly than writing on here, particularly as when I write on here it tends to by on my phone and I'm not super quick at using the keyboard.

I'm going to take some time today to think about this and make a little plan. I will update later :smile:

Apologies for the huge moan. I was intending just to write a fairly short note explaining my absence... I guess once I got started I couldn't stop!!

I have missed you all and am sending love x
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Workout at home
    3. One healthy snack after dinner
    4. Meditate
    5. Drink 150oz water
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning all! I feel like death after this weekend, no relaxation at all.. but must keep going! Have a great day everyone 😁.

JFT 8/19:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Finish putting dresser together
    3. Put away clothes
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,358 Member
    @nlmackey98 re this town run - just go and have fun, be kind to yourself, without pressure on results!
    @bex waving back to casey!!
    CW: this am is 219.0 last thurs it was 214.8 I was doing the 5 lb challenge and got down, now it's right back up. Darn it. On sat went to a work retirement potluck, political as it was hosted by our dept supervisor. Today our opening meeting, which is held at a restaurant for breakfast & lunch. Going to push the h20 this week and hope to flush it all out.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    JFT 8/18 Recap

Eat within maintenance calories :)
    Healthy choices :)
    20 minutes exercise :(
    log accurately :|
    journal :)

Peace and quiet! My kids are at camp, hubs is at work, and I have the day. I really need to fit exercise in today. I have some major work stress going on and need to get it handled today too. It's literally giving me a stomach ache. I hate that it effects me so much. I really overindulged Friday, Saturday I did ok and Sunday ok, but then got my period so that made me realize some of my feelings and indulgences were related. Didn't even realize it was on it's way.

Drink lots of water
    30 minutes exercise
    Eat within maintenance
    healthy choices
  • tonygermano2
    tonygermano2 Posts: 31 Member
    Just finding this thread and I like it.

JFT 8/19
    1) Track everything I eat;
    2) Make good choices regarding what I eat;
    3) Remember I cannot undue years of abuse to my own body in a day, week or even a month and to not lose focus or motivation.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    So, the weekend was a bust food-wise and had really lazy day (< 4,000 steps) yesterday. Started out well, then went off the rails, didn't finish logging Sat. and couldn't be bothered Sunday. But I enjoyed it. :D Hugs to all, especially those who are struggling!

JFT M 8/19
    1) Walked dog 3.66 mi 1:04:31 before work = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snack prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Complete GA-C/V O/I summaries & APG this week so I am finished when vacation starts F 4:30 p.m.
    5) Make vet appt. for kitty / decide on dish to make for dept food day tomorrow / shop if necessary / drop off mail / prep for food day / wash dishes / other?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work T) / bed & tv off 10:20
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Hey guys. Just checking in and posting goals. I love you all! I'll comment later.

JFT, 8-17-19

1. Log on to JFT 😁
    2. LOG ALL MY FOOD!!! :s
    3. Prep salad and divvy out snacks into portion sizes :|I prepped the salad but not the snacks.
    4. Spend at least 45 minutes plotting :(But I did spend some nice time sitting out on the back deck. That was nice.
    5. Sit up straight 3x for 10 minutes each (working on my posture) :(Kept forgetting. I'm so not used to it that I would sit up straight for about 30 seconds and then fall back into a slouch.
    6. Actually make dinner! :)
    7. Put away dishes and clothes!!! :)

Hi guys! I don't remember what I've told you guys and what I have. XD Matt is on his last day of work for this week. He has been doing really really well. They actually had him work 7 days straight because they've been so short-staffed, but today is his Friday. He gets off in 3 hours and then doesn't have to be back until Wednesday morning. That will be really good for him. I have a feeling he is going to spend all his off time on the couch. Lol. But I am incredibly proud of him for all the work he's been doing! He's actually had a good week, mood-wise I mean. He hasn't come home angry like he used to. He comes home exhausted but in a good mood. He says that he feels human again. This really is the best thing that could have happened!

I still have 2 weeks off before school starts. I am actually really excited to go back. I'm not really one who is good at sitting around doing nothing. Not that I've been doing nothing really. Lol. I've been plotting my new story which I'm really excited about. I've been cleaning a lot and keeping on top of chores(for the most part. Lol).

Oh! So we heard back from my parents about what the front house will cost for us to move in. They said $800 a month. We pay about half that for where we are living now. So we would really only need to come up with the extra a month to move in. We will figure it out. I've been sending my resume out to a few agencies that I would like to be hired to do behavior therapy that I was training for a few months ago. We'll see. If that doesn't work, I will find something. Because I am hellbent on getting into that house before my birthday next month. That house is MINE! Lol. I keep saying that to myself. It is mine and no one else's! Lol.

It's already afternoon. We'll see what I can get done between now and bedtime. Lol

JFT, 8-19-19

1. Log all my food
    2. Drink 100oz+ of water
    3. Do the dishes!!!!
    4. Plot at least 3 chapters
    5. Figure out dinner
    6. QT with Matt
    7. Bed whenever.

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Hey all, checking back in after a bit of an extended absence!

I've been struggling quite a bit lately, which I see from reading through that lots of you have as well. I had a holiday in France at the end of July which I was really looking forward to - I was pretty exhausted from work so was really looking forward to a week off where I was planning to just relax, spend lots of time outside, exercise, read... Unfortunately, in reality it turned out to be less than a relaxing experience... I was staying with my boyfriend's very large French family and 'relaxation' turned out to be somewhat hard to come by. I could barely sit down to read for about five minutes without some child wanting me to listen to them read, or a command coming from my boyfriend's mother to come and prepare some food, or a request from the boyfriend's sister to watch the kids for a while. All this was obviously quite reasonable and natural - you have to pitch in when you're staying with a big family - but it meant that the relaxation didn't happen quite as I'd envisaged! Also, the weather was not conducive to the exercise I'd planned. Half of the week was a heatwave, where it was too hot to do anything, then the second half of the week was miserable downpour. So exercise didn't happen (but obviously eating did).

So the result was that I came back not particularly more relaxed than when I went away, but several pounds heavier. And I went back to work to find thing were still just as awful as when I left. You may remember that my organisation is going through a 'transitional change' - my old organisation got 'abolished' and then got merged with two other organisations into a new one. We had a new CEO, who was awful, and subsequently got fired. We were hoping that things were going to get better following that, but very little has changed. There seem to be some real bad eggs and nasty politics going on within the management, and this is cascading down to create problems and chaos for all of those below. The atmosphere is really terrible and it seems like everyone is leaving. Every week there is a leaving do - sometimes more than one. And the HR director is making it really difficult to hire any replacements, so the number of people is going down and down. The place is half empty, it is super depressing. And those of us that are left are having to deal with more and more work and assorted chaos. My direct report handed her notice in nearly two months ago now - she's leaving at the end of next week - and they are still faffing around arguing about whether we actually need to replace her or not. I'm really quite concerned about how I'm going to cope when she's gone, as everything will fall on me then. Although really, I'm already feeling the impact because, with her leaving in two weeks, I'm starting to take over stuff that would have been done by her because I'm the one who will have to finish it anyway.

So, work is pretty awful, and is eating my time and energy. At the same time, I'm trying to maintain efforts to get a new job. The good news is that I actually do have an interview! On the 11th September. The bad thing though is that I'm finding it really difficult to find the time - and energy - to do anything for it. I feel like I should be putting lots of energy into that, but I don't really have any left after I'm done with work. I take papers with me to work with the intention of reading them on the train, or in my lunch break, but then find I just can't. So I haven't really done anything, and I'm feeling guilty about it. I'm also feeling guilty about the fact that I'm not doing very much to look/ apply for other jobs as well. I am still taking a day off a week to in theory do career stuff, but the reality is I'm often only spending a couple of hours on career stuff by the time I've a bit of a lie in (because I'm exhausted) and caught up on the chores I haven't managed to do in the rest of the week (because I'm exhausted). So, other than the interview, I'm not really going anywhere with the career stuff and I just feel a bit trapped.

I did actually have a good meeting with my CEO about my career. She doesn't want me to leave, and suggested a couple of things that could be opportunities for me:
    - One would be that she's thinking of creating a role around 'service design' that she thinks I'd be good at, and is open to effectively telling the relevant director to create this role, which I'd probably get if I went for it. This is obviously good news, and I feel really lucky to have this option. However, I'm not too sure if this is the type of role I want to do - I'd been thinking about another line of work, and I don't want to go into something that ultimately isn't what I really want to do, because that would just take me further from what I actually want to to. I'd also potentially have to manage someone who is a bit of a pain, and also would have to keep on dealing with all the c*&* that's going on in my company. But, it's an option which I could consider
    - The other would be for me to keep some of my existing role, but give up bits of it in order to take on new areas - in effect having a kind of hybrid role. This is actually quite interesting, but the big challenge is, with the whole issue around them potentially not replacing my direct report, it's not clear what bits of my role I'd be able to give up because there's nobody else to do them!!! If they do give the go-ahead to hire someone though, I could push for this - I would need to figure out what the extra things I'd like to take on are though

The upshot of all this is that:
    - I've been feeling rather stressed, overwhelmed, and negative, and have been binging and overeating to make myself feel better. It hasn't made me feel better. I've put on about eight pounds now and am feeling really fat and flabby, and disappointed with myself. My energy levels are really low and when I try to exercise I struggle because I'm lugging round eight extra pounds of fat (and also I think I just feel mentally and emotionally tired which is making me feel physically tired)
    - Because of the need to do career stuff e.g. prepare for interview, I've felt too busy to log on and set goals. I've been intending to use the time to prepare for my interview instead. I also feel pressure to keep up my French so I don't lose it. But in reality, I've done very little on either career or French because I've been too drained

Something needs to change, I can't go on like this. I think the first thing is going to be to just get my eating and drinking under control. Binging and drinking doesn't actually make me feel any better; overall it's just making me feel worse. I need to make a plan for how I can look after myself and deal with negative emotions without turning to food and drink. I think I also need to make a REALISTIC plan for how I can fit in my career stuff, without putting too much pressure on myself.

Within this plan, I need to work out whether I'll be able to log on here and post goals or not. It's tricky because I think I have done worse since I stopped doing that. But it does take out a chunk of every day that I'm not sure I can spare. I have thought about checking in and doing weekly goals on here, and then setting daily goals for myself just on pen and paper - I can do that more quickly than writing on here, particularly as when I write on here it tends to by on my phone and I'm not super quick at using the keyboard.

I'm going to take some time today to think about this and make a little plan. I will update later :smile:

Apologies for the huge moan. I was intending just to write a fairly short note explaining my absence... I guess once I got started I couldn't stop!!

I have missed you all and am sending love x

Following this morning's pity party, I've had a reasonably productive day and am feeling a bit better (for now). I went to the gym and burnt a ton of calories whilst listening to energizing music. It made me feel SO GOOD. I also did a little bit of reading on career stuff this afternoon and went shopping and bought a ton of healthy food for the week ahead (my cart was pretty much entirely fruit and vegetables, it was very odd).

I have made a little bit of a plan for how to spend my time/ manage my energy so as to stop myself getting so overwhelmed but also get stuff done. My plan is to:
    - Use my morning commute for planning my day, doing a QUICK French podcast (a little is better than nothing) and reading
    - I'll take a FULL HOUR lunch break and use this for preparation/ reading for my job interview. If it's not raining, I'll sit outside to do this. If it is raining, I'll go to a cafe and buy a cheap drink (must remember to take my reusable cup so as not to kill too many turtles). I've previously felt like I can't afford an hour lunch because it means I leave work later, but realistically I'm not being very productive in the evenings anyway due to tiredness/ being drained so I might as well take a longer lunch and make the most of that time - while I have some energy!
    - I'll relax on my way home by watching positive Netflix shows that make me feel good and restore my energy. Anyone got any recommendations? I'm working my way through Queer Eye at the moment. Nothing requiring brain power! If I'm particularly stressed out I might journal/ meditate instead.
    - In my evenings I may try to do some productive things that don't require brain energy, like chores or arranging appointments etc, or I may read a bit of a French book to the boyfriend. However my main priority will be relaxation (baths/ foot spa will be my friend).

I feel like this is achievable, but let's see!

I'm also going to make the following changes to keep myself healthy and in a better mood:

- Cut out drinking on week nights
    - Stop going to work drinks, with the exception of leaving drinks for people I work with a lot. It's tempting to go to these to bond with colleagues, but the reality is they are often full of moaning and just bring me down
    - Instead, make time for socializing with my real friends - and for quality time with my boyfriend
    - Eat better - 5+ fruit and veg per day
    - Try to get outside for 15 minutes every day
    - Prioritize exercise!
    - Make time for my gratitude. As rubbish as things are, overall I'm still a very fortunate person and making time to remember that is important

I may not be on here every day in the week - there is a lot going on at the moment as you can see - however I'll do my best to check in once a week to update on my progress and also to see how you are all getting on. I miss you all when I don't check in :-)

Wishing you all the best for the week ahead x
  • ZizzyBumble
    Monday 19 August

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge :)
    Aug challenge :)

I did not sleep well last night and have been out with my parents all day. I've got to go to sleep now (can't keep my eyes open) but I'm thinking of you all, especially @bookmeister86 and @aubeyshortcake. I hope you both get the rest you need. Goodnight everyone.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    Scale Goals progress:
    SW: 227 (Mar 2014) Worsening hip problem made weight loss imperative.
    Jan 2015: 220: -7lbs; Struggled on my own to lose that 7 lbs. Joined MFP on daughter's recommendation.
    UGW: 153 (losing 1 lb per week)
    Sept 2015: 189:βœ… -38; Had my hip replacement op.
    Oct 2016: 153:βœ… -75: My lowest weight in a long time. It was a really struggle losing the final few lbs.
    Nov 2016: 160:πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ -68: A holiday and several family celebrations later.
    Feb 2017: 164:πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ -64 Christmas and more celebrations!
    Aug 2017: 159.2:βœ… -68.8 I seem to have reached an equilibrium around 160/5.
    Jan 2018: 165: 😏 Still working on discarding that last 12 lbs.
    Jan 2019: 165: 😏 Still working at it.
    Goal for Dec 2019: 155
    Apr 2019: 162.4: πŸ˜„ Decided to concentrate more on health and fitness. I am increasing my strength training.
    Jul 2019: 166.2: πŸ’ͺ🏻 Muscle % increasing, but so is weight. Measurements are decreasing. Holiday 20 - 27 July Is bound to push it up more!
    28/07/2019: 169.6: 😜 Holiday baggage is the pits! This morning My Scale informed me that I was 'Overfat'. Let's see what I can do in 4 days to bring this back down!
    29/07/2019: 169.0 😁 Phew! It’s shifting! Now I gotta stay on track.
    30/07/2019: 168.2: Scale now says I’m β€˜healthy’ lol!
    31/07/2019: 168.4: Normal daily fluctuation.
    1 Aug 2019: 167.8:
    06/08: 167.4
    07/08: 167.4
    08/08: 166.9
    09/08: 166.4
    10/08: 166.4
    11/08: 166.3
    12/08: 166.0
    13/08: 166.0
    14/08: 165.2
    15/08: 165.2
    16/08: 165.0