Oatmeal pancakes with no banana

adham99746
adham99746 Posts: 1 Member
I am looking for a healthy oatmeal pancake recipe

Replies

• k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited August 2019
    Just asked my sister @777Gemma888 who would make us oatmeal pancakes some years ago, when it was our preferred breakfast (This or savoury oatmeal cereal).

Firstly, if you are referring to oatmeal in a normal pancake then you will need to add a 1/4 of oatmeal into 1 and 1/4 c of flour. Somehow I'm thinking this is not what you're after. We made oat flour pancakes, which was made from turning oatmeal into flour, so you will need:

The basic recipe:
    • 3/4 c to 2 c of oat flour
    • 1 T of sugar (or alternative sweeteners)
    • 2 T baking powder
    • 1 c of milk (sometimes we'd use 1 c of ricotta or buttermilk or kefir)
    • 2 tsp vanilla essence (usually many use 1 whereas we prefer 2 because where we're from, we're all about vanilla; It's one of our export crops).
    • 2 tsp apple cider vinegar or white vinegar (we prefer apple. The vinegar activates the baking powder and makes it fluffy, which is a cheat-safe ingredient when using alternative flours)
    • 1 T oil (this gives it that just add water effect)
    • 2 eggs for binding

On days when you're needing more calories, you may add cream cheese, chocolate chunks, nuts or nut butters, +++ which we enjoyed many're times over breakfast.

THIS works in a waffle-maker too, ONLY add 3/4 of the milk for a thicker consistency.
  • wendyheath32
    wendyheath32 Posts: 74 Member
    I do 40 g of oats about 100 or there abouts of soya milk and a spoon full of soya yogurt ( use whatever of those you like it's just I don't do dairy) . Maybe add some maple syrup for sweetness and some vanilla. Sometimes put cacao powder in
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I’m making waffles with a little more sugar to go with yogurt and berries very soon!