3 Months and 30 Pounds

2»

Replies

• LeiLaura
    LeiLaura Posts: 238 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    Fatigue, are you referring to weakness in your limbs, and overall strength compared to your normal feeling of eating unhealthy?

Just straight exhaustion. For example, we went grocery shopping for an hour on a Saturday. When we got back I could hardly get up from the couch, napped for a couple hours, and I think I went to bed at 8.

It doesn't always hit me that bad, but often enough. Literally anything I do can make me too tired to function. But that's not compared to before. I've been like this as long as I can remember. Its maybe a little better now.

Have you had your thyroid checked? I felt like that for 15+ years and it was no fun. Turned out to be a combo of underactive thyroid and hormone imbalance. I've felt a million times better in just the last few weeks. All that's changed is that I lost a baby at 17 weeks and then had the contraceptive implant in my arm. A few weeks ago, still feeling rotten, I "gave birth" to a large chunk of placenta that had remained inside. Immediately I felt better. Not just post-birth better, either. Better than I've felt in nearly 20 years. I recognise myself again. I'm WIRED. I feel alive. I can't understand it, and obviously can't replicate it, but I have no doubt at all it was hormonal. Sorry for the TMI, I wanted to tell you because I've lived with that fatigue and it's more debilitating than most people will ever comprehend. Hugs.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Heck I missed this when you posted (travelling).

Congrats on the 30lbs.

I know your problems with trying to get diagnosed, so won’t go there- just hope your weight loss does eventually help solve, get a good diagnosis of, what is going on.

Love that you fit in the things you like to eat.

Cheers, h.
  • mellyi6922
    mellyi6922 Posts: 5 Member
    I’m not sure if you’ve already heard of it but look up chronic fatigue syndrome. A Christian rapper, Trip Lee, has it. But congrats! :) 30 pounds is my goal weight to loose!
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Processed sugar and flour make me feel fatigued. Cutting way back on those helped me immensely.
  • badenglishmajor
    badenglishmajor Posts: 11 Member
    Hey, nice work!!!!
  • Moxiemama5678
    Moxiemama5678 Posts: 31 Member
    Congratulations!!! You may want to get your iron levels checked. Being anemic can cause major fatigue. If I don’t take iron I’m so exhausted with zero energy.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Congrats on the loss!! :smiley:
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Well done, you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!