Jumprope - 300 skips x 3
    Dead Hang - 1m x 3
    Wall Handstand Hold - 1m x 3
    Skills
    Kick up to handstand to find balance point - 5 x 3
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Yesterday: 15 miles of hiking in the Brecon Beacons, often without benefit of path*, including an estimated 3,200+ ft of ascent.
    Today: A nice, gentle BodyBalance class. At my gym. Which is on top of a hill. FML.

*Apparently on one of those occasions there actually was a path, it was just that the leader had missed it and the one person who'd spotted it assumed there was a reason we weren't on it. But my sore ankles aren't bitter.

Nice. I love that area - I am hiking there in September. I aim to get another caving trip in as well.

Today, I played with a 24 kgs kettlebell:
    4 sets of 5 goblet squat
    100 swings
    Farmers walks

I got bored in the afternoon, so I went for a walk and got 23,000 steps in
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Today was the first day of a bootcamp week with my trainer. 1hr of PT mon to fri, plus classes plus extra home workouts at the weekend, with a personalised meal plan.

PT this morning was trx focussing on upper body and core. While it was nice that my legs had chance to recover from yesterday's half, it did mean my arms, core and shoulders took a beating.

2 mile recovery run - had my boys so I took them to the park and run up and down the path while they rode their bike and scooter

30min tabata class

45 barbell class
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    Almost 15 mile bike ride today.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2019
    CTC day (the monthly rowing Cross Team Challenge). It was sprints -- 831m, then 2 minute rest, 318m, then 2 minutes rest, repeat. Put down your active time rowing. First time through I was pretty good, second time was survival. Felt almost as bad as a 2K TT. Ended up with around a 1:53.6 average. Not great for my club, but OK for now for my recovery. I'm about 6 seconds off my "normal" paces. I think, honestly, that one or two seconds are elevation (I'm now working nearly a mile high elevation -- my new house is up in the footfills of one of the largest mountain ranges in AZ at around 4500 to 5000 ft.) and that 3 or 4 seconds are just I'm still recovering and not gained my strength back.

Did 10 minutes W/U on the rower and then 30 minute CD on the rower and doing sets of pushups, squats and overhead presses.

Was considering going to the gym tonight to lift then I regained my sanity...
  • rummyqueen
    rummyqueen Posts: 150 Member
    Thus month I’m working out with DVDs Jillian Michaels , today was NO Trouble Zone
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    edited August 2019
    8/19/2019 - late early morning at park.

Alternating pull-ups and chin-ups x 5 plus double overhead press with pair of 20kg KB x 5 every 2:00 - completed 10 rounds in 18:53 - note: 10th round 5th rep of double OHP was double push jerk.

• TheChristianSimone
    TheChristianSimone Posts: 156 Member
    Low energy workout yet again but upper body focused on chest and triceps and then my bff the stairmaster
  • btrfeder
    btrfeder Posts: 6 Member
    5 minute warmup on treadmill 3 minute walk at 3.1 2 minute jog at 5.4 .5 incline
    2 sets of leg presses 14” lbs 23 reps each set
    2 sets calf raises 90 lbs 18 reps per set
    2 sets hamstring curls 45 lbs ( old injury) 18 reps per set
    3 sets cheat press 155 lbs 18 reps per set
    2 sets back ( row) 120 lbs 20 reps p set
    2 sets back - lay pull down 120 lbs 20 reps per
    2 sets shoulder press 90 lbs 20 reps per
    3 sets tricep puahdown 24 reps per varying weight 90-105 mainly 90
    3 sets bicep concentration machine. 75 lbs 18 reps per
    50 crunches

Total workout - 55 mins
  • kayak4water
    kayak4water Posts: 155 Member
    Today's workout: Moving a ceiling fan from the shopping cart to my car trunk.

That, after an hour in the pool, progressing from a C- to a C+ backstroker with some coaching help. Also in that hour, a few minutes of levity trying to kick and stroke with a quarter full cup of water on my forehead
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Sunday- 1 mile walk, DB rows and pushups (no legs as strained them a bit last week)
    Monday- 60 minute Krav Maga class
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited August 2019
    8/20
    6 - 8am
    Yoga
    5 Tibetan Rites (5 rounds each rite working towards 21)
    Hatha Sun Salutation - 5 Rounds
    Ashtanga Sun Salutation A - 5 Rounds
    Strength
    Handstand Pushup - GTG
    *On a Yoga Block
    5 x 3 (15)
    Pull-ups - GTG
    5 x 6 (30)
    Cossack Squat - GTG
    5 x 8 (40)
    Meditate
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    I seem to be a day behind. Yesterday 1/2 hour spin, walking in the water for about an hour at the beach. Today 1/2 hour barre class. Kayaking later.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    10.6km in a quad. Super glassy water but a really difficult to deal with current which was only really an issue with docking (part of what made yesterday's docking experience awful). Got noticeably better at squaring and feathering with my fingers (I need to try different grip sizes as well) and spent the last quarter of practice getting more length at the front end of my stroke which I apparently was also successful at doing.
  • soniasharma2
    soniasharma2 Posts: 15 Member
    Warm up: 3 rounds
    25 jumping jacks
    20 bw squats
    15 good morning
    10 sit up
    10 bycicle crunches
    10 v ups

Conditioning:
    20 burpees
    10 rounds:
    farmers walk 50 lbs
    15 dead lift 50 lbs
    15 wall ball 10 lbs

Finish w/ 20 burpees
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    edited August 2019
    Spin class again, mostly Z3, some Z4.
    aokoye wrote: »
    10.6km in a quad. Super glassy water but a really difficult to deal with current which was only really an issue with docking (part of what made yesterday's docking experience awful). Got noticeably better at squaring and feathering with my fingers (I need to try different grip sizes as well) and spent the last quarter of practice getting more length at the front end of my stroke which I apparently was also successful at doing.

Do you have a 12"-ish hunk of suitable-diameter dowel at home to practice with? Can help.

Just for the LOL: One of my coaches described the motion as like scritching a tiny dog between the ears with your fingertips. ;)

Presumably your more length at the front end is coming from more length at the back end . . . .
  • mhagen73
    mhagen73 Posts: 3 Member
    30 minutes of yoga/pilates.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Crazy Tuesday and day 2 of my bootcamp week.

60min session with my trainer. Stair workout with an additional 1.6 miles of sprints (some on flat some hill)

45 zumba

Played with benching trying to work out what weight I need for muscular endurance style lifting rather than the pure strength I have been doing.

10min play on the air bike - boy that was hard

45min insanity

45 min boxercise
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Missing the AirBike already. 60 minutes on the Indoor rower today. I have to really work at getting the HR down. It might mean (for now) 16 SPM work. Obviously, this was too high of HR for a Steady state row.

It's OK because I have four or five days off planned next week to go to San Diego.

04veit95rajb.jpg
    fzwulv5li8xv.png
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    edited August 2019
    8/20/2019 - noon hour, a very pleasant 79F degrees.

Run 5:45 walk 0:15 for 5 rounds = 3.09 miles in 30 minutes exactly = 9:42 mile pace which is slightly faster than recent longer run averages but felt more comfortable.

Plan was to run 60 minutes but decided to treat myself today which is my 6-month anniversary of entertaining maintenance ideal weight range 172-177 lbs. I've been in maintenance range 175 of the 182 days making up this 6-month mark. Hence, the shorter-run treat.