Any video gamers?

Replies

• mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    good choices in that list, sir or madam
  • Wildchildx1289
    Wildchildx1289 Posts: 19 Member
    My husband and I are playing FFXIV. It is addicting. I really need to finish Red Dead 2 as well. Haha
  • numatist68
    numatist68 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm a big fan. Have been ever since I was a kid. Old stuff, new stuff, and MOST things in between (first gen 3D stuff is awful to me). Favorite games (in no particular order) are Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Castlevania, TMNT: Turtles in Time, Bloodborne, Dark Souls (1 and 3), Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and the Mass Effect Trilogy.

What do you guys like?

Im playing Mass Effect: Andromeda right now on xbox1
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    mmH8TgH.jpg

I love this. I love a good book, but sometimes it is nice to just stay up play a bit with a glass of wine and a blanket
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited July 2019
    Slowly getting back into retro stuff...mostly from NES/SNES eras (megamans...megamen?, mariokart, classic RPGs - FFI-VI/chronotrigger/SoM, proud to say I am a pokemon "genwunner" FFS (gone to **** now with like 1,000? or so), strategy/simulation games - Simcity!). Ain't nobody got time for RPGs as an adult!

I do not understand the current stuff where so much of the focus is on graphics...over say important things like actual gameplay/fun factor. Lost interest around the dawn of 3D gaming infancy. In my mind, I don't think videogames should look realistic because it defeats the purpose of feeling the escape from reality (you know as a means of relaxing from the stresses of everyday life). 3D but "cartoony" is fine I guess
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    mmH8TgH.jpg

I like the way idea of this and yeah a good game can wisk you away but reading a book is calming and video games are generally the opposite of that
  • BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member
    This was my childhood!
    Fantastic times, mate. It truly was the Golden Age of Gaming. So glad to have lived through it and experienced some of the most iconic games of the late 80, 90's and 00's. Whenever someone asks "What is your favourite game?", I just can't answer without giving a massive list lol.

---

I guess I'm going for round two, while I wait for dinner to cook? Sure, why not.

One game I forgot to mention during my PSX phase, was Harvest Moon: Back To Nature. Jesus, did I spend a lot of time playing that. :D Making sure I did everything exactly how I wanted before the day was over and restarting if I didn't, but what a game!

So, back on track. After having a rather long stint on the snes9x emulator, the first Nintendo console to actually catch my eye appeared. The obscure and intriguing Game Cube. While amongst the discovery of the PSX and Amiga, I had previously played a little on the legendary N64, with games such as Lylat Wars (those outside of the UK will remember it as Star Fox 64) and Goldeneye (hey, no Oddjob!), I never really caught onto the Nintendo vibe.

Sure, I also owned a Game Boy for a little while when I was school, going somewhat insane on Tetris for hours on end, but this was the first time I had ever played one of their consoles properly. And oh boy, the Game Cube was great. Tiny discs! So weird.

I have some fond memories of playing the first Need For Speed: Underground and getting
    frustrated at the drag races. I miss you, my gorgeous insanely-fast and pearlescent Honda Civic. Then playing co-op on Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. Fighting my way through the Lord of the Rings games. Taking turns with friends, while getting drunk, and beating each other up on Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. Pretty certain there were other games, but it was kinda short but sweet and those are the ones which stand out the most.

But then came the most amazing console I have ever experienced (and still own to this day). My own personal opinion, of course. The beast that was the Xbox. Microsoft's first attempt at trying to get a piece of the console market.

Man, did they get a decent piece of it and have continued to ever since.

I'm very biased when it comes to that age-old debate of Xbox vs. PlayStation. Even with the memories I have, a fair few of which were created by PlayStation, I still choose Xbox. It stood out from the crowd, combining PC style and specs with console gaming. While I have owned, and still own, a PS2, my heart still belongs to the Xbox lol.

This monstrosity gave me a rather unquenched thrist for games, bringing numerous famous titles into my life. Namely a little series called The Elder Scrolls, with my first taste of what I considered to be a "proper" Western RPG.

Morrowind, and it's vast continent of Vvardenfell.

A name that most RPG players will know, for many various reasons. Mine are that it truly gave you unprecedented freedom to do whatever you wanted, unlike so many other RPGs. Morrowind supplied the tools, you used them as you saw fit. It was harsh and unforgiving, with very little guidance and hand-holding (something so many modern games do these days, including the recent The Elder Scrolls games :/ ). I love it for that exact reason and could bleat on about Morrowind until the cows come home.

So I'll spare you that time required to read it. ;)

A few Xbox favourites include Need For Speed: Underground 2 (one of the main reasons I bought it and easily THE best racing game of all time), FlatOut, Halo and Halo 2, Jade Empire, Knights of the Old Republic (I and II), Juiced, The Urbz: Sims in the City, Tiger Woods 2004, Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball (don't judge me lol), Jedi Academy, and the best pirate game I have ever played... Pirates of the Caribbean. It had next to nothing to do with the film, aside from the Black Pearl being present. :D Still, a fantastic game which I still have an original copy of.

And my food is ready. Cheekan! Good!

I'll leave you alone now. :p

I feel like we are the same person but living in alternate universes lol. I'll add my experiences later.

Been enjoying the hell out of Final Fantasy Vll.
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    I'm a selective gamer. I used to play Final Fantasy and the KH games...but nowadays it's basically Nintendo games. I still haven't beaten breath of the wild...it's...taking a while. LOL
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Ok...not the gamer but the wife of one. Red dead redemption 2 has kept hubby quiet for weeks now! He hasn't enjoyed a PS 3/4 game this much since The last of us.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    I'm playing dark souls 2 for the first time. On and off, but its actually kinda entertaining.
  • BasedGawd412
    I'm playing dark souls 2 for the first time. On and off, but its actually kinda entertaining.

I have to give that game a go again.

That new Call of Duty looks 🔥
  • BasedGawd412
    Kids got me hooked on Dead by Daylight.
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    @BasedGawd412 ,ive been thinking about buying/playing that! It looks like such a fun game.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member

I haven’t played that in a little while, what platform do you play on?
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    edited August 2019
    Kerbal Space Program 2 announcement trailer released today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_nj6wW6Gsc
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    1vuzktcqujg2.gif
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    I used to be into them big time. Every one I've tried in last few years I just haven't been able to get into. Gettin old.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    I used to be into them big time. Every one I've tried in last few years I just haven't been able to get into. Gettin old.

I find I don't have the ability to sink into it like I used to as a kid. These days I gravitate towards games with defined levels or easy ability to save and turn off as needed. I still love gaming and have a huge list of games I want to play though!

Just finished Spyro (first game) from Reignited Trilogy last night. Hoping to start Ripto's Rage tonight after work!
  • BasedGawd412
    @BasedGawd412 ,ive been thinking about buying/playing that! It looks like such a fun game.

You totally should, you missing out. I even enjoy just watching others play. It's funny, watching people play and actually playing is two whole different experiences.

People spectating always know what to do and where to go while coaching from the couch, when they get on sticks, all of their advice and know how goes out the door as they are quickly killed.

Reckoner68 wrote: »

I haven’t played that in a little while, what platform do you play on?

Xbox one
  • ANewLookAtLife
    ANewLookAtLife Posts: 3 Member
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    A few weeks ago I just started playing WoW for the first time ever, which actually surprises my friends because they all assumed I'd already been playing for years (it is exactly the sort of game I would play). I hadn't because in the past I generally avoided subscription-based games, but I thought the free trial was interesting enough that I got a one month subscription. I'll see how that goes and decide if I want to spring for BfA.

I might also try out FF XIV, because a friend recommends it.

Been playing wow for 4 years now. Once you get to Max level and find a good raid team it is a lot of fun.