Serial Starters

Replies

• skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Tilliesmommy--haha free A/C can be a real draw this time of year!

Thank you Lana and Kathryn!

Lana--so proud of you for getting your walk in. Sorry about the lack of parking at the end, though!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member

SATURDAY, AUGUST 17TH

Oy, I did not get enough sleep, but I can't just lay there and ruminate.

Maybe a little breakfast, and then try for a few more hours.

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Good morning,

Lana!! Thank you for starting us. Hope you are getting more sleep.

Air okay enough to open windows this morning, it has been awhile.

Meeting scheduled Wednesday at work "New Position Discussion" - new Sup will be in on meeting so it wont be a blood bath.

No clue on meals, hope to be inspired at store.

Wave to all who follow.
  • skinnytacular
    Good morning Tilliesmommy and Lana and all who follow.

Lana--sorry about the rough night. Hopefully you can catch up.

Tilliemommy --that sounds pretty stressful but, as you say, not terrible as they seem to be putting measures in place.

As for me--I have the house to myself through tomorrow morning while my husband and son are out of town fishing. I'm planning to GET. SO. MUCH. STUFF. DONE. So excited. I have my pedometer on and will crank the music and steps and see how it goes!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dog is my best alarm clock - pretty spot on too. Lovely cool air coming in the windows.

Groceries then home. Pork Loin in crock pot will shred and freeze some for later. Dejunk as well.

Skinny - how was your day alone? Did your to do list get done?

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2019
    Good morning Sara -
    The pork loin sounds good, and it gives you several meals.

I'm eating my plain oatmeal with some cinnamon and a glass of milk. Good enough to get me going for my morning walk.

I am having a LOT of trouble with emotional eating. I might dig out the Beck Book. I can't remember if she addresses out of control depression and comfort eating.

Waves to anyone who stops by on a Sunday~~ 😊

Lana

251.0 today; yesterday was 251.8, so today is an improvement
    250.0 "highest"
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited August 2019
    okay nsv - I saved 20.00 using coupons and store deals this weekend. put the $$ in the gas tank.

Lana- I cant image Beck Book NOT discussing emotional eating (pick a reason) dont we all do it? Hope you find your book and see what words of wisdom she has.

Soccer time --- >:) Seems I scream at the TV....... oops.
  • davisagolding
    davisagolding Posts: 58 Member
    Time for an update.
    My update. I was a bad girl. I had a weak week. 😥 However back on track. I gained only 1 pd.

Original starting weight -240
    August starting weight -240
    August goal -235
    Ultimate goal -145

1st -240
    10th- 234
    17th- 235

Total loss for August ... -5
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana here is one - you cant stop sabotaging thoughts from arising, but you can respond to them. Beck book page 180
  • skinnytacular
    Hello everyone! Tilliesmommy--I got a lot done. Not as much as I wanted but way more than I expected. I feel really good about it. It just makes me feel more organized and in control overall. Thank you for asking! Great job on your NSV.

Davisa--Life happens, but getting back on track is the key. Well done!

LanaCabana--I'm a big emotional eater, too. Maybe I need the Beck book too!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Pork Loin is now in 4 bags (carrots and onions in another) - 3 are in freezer for later. 1 bag in fridge to use with asian vegetable stir fry. Used crock pot, pork on sale got for $5 so many meals half done in one day.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    MONDAY

Good morning, down 0.2 but taking it and running. Still largest I have been post WW so some "boot camp" of sorts to start.

Milder temps this week so no reason not to walk breaks. Farmer's market at work as well so ATM machine and will get lavender if the vendor is there and if the frozen custard truck shows up I am in line.

New job will have me with regulated breaks and I will take a timer with me - just means shorter breaks. I can still walk after work if needed.

Wave to all who follow.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning!
    Sara - Lavender and ice cream - two great things in life! Good luck again with the changes at work...It is hard for me to tell are things getting better or worse for you? New position - was that provided for you? As a good response or bad. Think about you often during work day. Isn't fun being stressed over your job like that.
    Lana - what is the Beck book? Take care of yourself!
    Davis - hello - down 5 that is good! Take the good and move forward :smile:
    Waves to Dawn, Kathryn, Tracy, Tracey, Missy, Megan, Suzu and all others who may pop in!
    Have a great Monday!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lynn, what gets me is why we have to have a discussion, but the position is one I applied for but they may customize it to use the work I had been doing? I honestly have no clue. State applications are looked at daily......The stress of learning something is still stress, but harassment is a whole different level of stress and that is what I am expecting to leave.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    7fzof6oit9w6.png

how did they know?

82wx7x5tcsw6.png

very huggable dog.
  • skinnytacular
    Good morning all!

Tilliesmommy--great job on the pork loin. Healthy and a bargain to boot! And down any amount is fantastic in my book. Congrats! I hope the job stuff settles down for you. That kind of uncertainty is wearing.

I'm back at work after my awesome weekend of getting organized at home. I love that feeling of getting back on top of things!
  • skinnytacular
    Oh, I forgot to wave! Ha! Hello to all who follow and also to Lynn! (I'm going to need a spreadsheet!)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited August 2019
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Twiley/Tracey - I will be getting new drivers license and then passport separately and cannot do the same with my stats as I have only gained weight. It is a good motivator thank you.

I started measuring my ww oil, now I use a spoon when I put creamer/sugar in my coffee at work, I decided last night that naan bread was too big for pizza so I will use pita bread again - small changes add up.

New job will have me tied to a phone so my breaks must be only so long. Will need to find more steps somewhere.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2019
    Good morning All~~

I completely missed Monday here? Jeez.

Tracy - amazing photos showing you what all of your commitment and hard work has been about! Your picture gives ME new motivation!!! You look great!

Skinny - good for you on getting organized at home!

Lynn - The Beck Diet Solution by Judith S. Beck, Ph.D. , 2008, is an approach to weight loss that uses Cognitive Therapy. It is a 42-day program; on Day 2 you choose a diet plan and an alternate diet plan.
    I just realized that I have 53 days between today and when I go to visit my sister in October. Hmm…...I could dust off this Beck Book and do it.

Sara - Thank you for finding page 180 to put out the fires around me.

Regarding your job, I am unclear about “New job will have me with regulated breaks and I will take a timer with me - just means shorter breaks. I can still walk after work if needed.”
    What happened? Did they make a new position for you? You also mentioned harassment yesterday; what's up with that?

Davis - you are going great! 5 pounds so far for August Losses? Yay!

*tossing book and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

251.6 today, and better than yesterday’s 252.4
    250.0 highest I’ll ever admit to
    179.0 goal