WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Not walking to my uni lecture today! Fortunately the instructor records the lectures.

The wind is already 60 km/h gusting 90 km/h and heavy rain is quickly approaching ... I have no desire to battle all that for 3 km to the university and then 1.5 km up to catch the bus after the lecture.

Severe weather warning issued for Tasmania as twin cold fronts approach
    https://www.weatherzone.com.au/news/severe-weather-warning-issued-for-tasmania-as-twin-cold-fronts-approach/530098

Machka in Oz

Bit of a gust just as I caught my bus to go home!

66oloqj3hdqy.png

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    edited August 2019
    Machka: Stay safe!

Heather: Looks like you had a lot of fun, but I agree that such visits can be exhausting. Have a great meeting with your other friend in Brighton.

Rori: Lovely reno. An upgrade makes a huge difference.

Debbie in VA: re daughter/gs. As others have said, abusers don't often change. It's a difficult situation for all of you, but you'll work it out, I'm sure. Although, I can understand her wanting to try to maintain her independence, even if it's only in your garage.

Miele Failte to our newbies. We're an eclectic group, but very open to new people. Drop by, jump in when the spirit move you.

Hugs to those who need them, congrats to those celebrating.

It's a reasonable good day weather wise. I've no definite plans except to go with the general flow. DH is out for the morning, so I can please myself.

☘️ Terri
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Rori ~ Love the idea of the walk in shower and the colors you have chosen.

Debbie ~ We are all thinking of you, your daughter, and her son. Hope she is able extricate herself from the abuser.

Carol in GA
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,285 Member
    edited August 2019
    Machka - looks like winter is going to hit your area hard. Thanks for posting - all of us undergoing hot weather here in the US got a few minutes of relief reading about your wind and possible snow. Give us a few months and we'll be there too. :o

Rori - many thanks for those shower renovation photos. It's fabulous!! Lots of room for a shower chair if needed. The shower in our master bath needs replacing - your photos give a glimpse of what it's all about - I really appreciate it. Glad Mars was there to supervise! B)

Debby in VA - my heart goes out to your daughter. So glad she is safe at your home. Lots to be concerned about, your support really helps I'm sure. ((HUGS))) Keep cool - see Matchka's situation above. B)

Make it a fabulous day! <3

Lanette
    Chilly (48 degrees!) SW WA State right now. Supposed to hit 85 today, so we'll take it.

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Debby in VA Makes no sense...grandson can be registered in your school district easily enough.

Karen in Virginia
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited August 2019
    Debby VA - Registry can be changed due to violence! She can move him regardless tell them it’s life or death! Or drive him to school hours away until they let you change schools.Call the district! Took me 2weeks but got my Daughter transferred! Custody or not schools hand them over but I taught Daughter hide! My coworker y bosses called 911,bosses can file restraining orders the minute they walk on the property,y I had coworkers who brought guns to left a room open to lock myself in,boss gave me keys to get into safe areas! If he misses school today won’t hurt call as Grandma tell them it’s an abuse situation she’s trying to escape they’ll jump into action! Call her say turn around now! He will hurt her for trying to escape! Use your address it’s hers now! The rule your talking about is to stop parents from moving mid school year out of district for no reason...This is a valid reason use words like abuse,abuser,fear for life.Don't sugar coat or be embarrassed ...abusers only should be embarrassed! They’ll flag the folder helps too!
    Yes attorney can put protective orders in place for the divorce y custody judge if need be can force the school to move the kid. Can homeschool or private school theirs cheaper Christian ones out there in a church who wouldn’t hand him over!

Amber Tx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Lisa: Yoga is not going to happen for me this morning. DH is too anxious about finding the doctor’s office. We’ll undoubtedly be leaving home early and sitting around waiting. That is better than stressing out and anxiety. :ohwell:

Pip: I keep hoping that we’ll be able to come up and watch the MS Ride so we can cheer for you and Kirby and all the other generous riders. Unfortunately, this won’t be the year. :heart:

Margaret: I’d go for the mint plants, but I couldn’t find any at any of the local plant nurseries. Evidently, they are stocked seasonally in the spring and not available now. :grumble: I’ll look for them next spring. Meanwhile I’ll see whether I can find mint oil. :star:

Rori: Thanks for your good thoughts on the medical consult. DH is pretty wound up about it this morning. The appointment is at 10:30. I hope we’re able to make reasonable plans that relieve DH’s pain ASAP. :heart: Congrats on your beautiful new bathroom. What an amazing difference! Thanks for sharing the before and after photos. :star:

Yvonne in TX: I think that dogs with ears that fold down or droop have more chances for ear infections and stinky smells. Most hunting dogs fall in this category. Our guy has standup ears. The upside is that his ears are healthy, and the down side is that he can’t stand loud banging noises during the 4th of July celebrations. :ohwell:

Sue in TX: Thanks for your good wishes for DH. :flowerforyou:

Machka: Stay safe at home during the severe weather. :heart:

We’re working on wills, too. With a likely upcoming surgery for DH, we want to get things in order. We have plans to visit our attorney before the surgery happens.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    Well, my calls paid off. Hospital found issue on their side in computer settings for faxes. Director of imaging called me to apologize and confirmed the fix. We had a nice conversation. I got his number too if anyoelse happens!

As my DH says, the squeaky wheel gets the grease!

On that note. Gotta go to doc for results now.

RV Rita
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    edited August 2019
    <3Katla, I have spent hours in waiting rooms at doctors' offices because we left home early to make sure we got there on time. I have a Kindle app on my phone so I always have a book to read while we wait. There are so many things that can go wrong if you're driving a distance to the doctor in an urban area. Going early is so smart.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Lisa: Yoga is not going to happen for me this morning. DH is too anxious about finding the doctor’s office. We’ll undoubtedly be leaving home early and sitting around waiting. That is better than stressing out and anxiety. :ohwell:

Pip: I keep hoping that we’ll be able to come up and watch the MS Ride so we can cheer for you and Kirby and all the other generous riders. Unfortunately, this won’t be the year. :heart:

We’re working on wills, too. With a likely upcoming surgery for DH, we want to get things in order. We have plans to visit our attorney before the surgery happens.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

we'll hook up one year... love u
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    They are cuties Heather!