Tracey's OMAD Reboot

Replies

• LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I like it :relaxed:

Sounds like 2 weeks of really fun stuff! Are you still doing your monthly fast? Or waiting until you get back?

Yes, I am going to still do my monthly fast.
  • LadyBlanks
    Thank you Sandy, I am looking forward to it.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Have a wonderful 2 weeks of fun😘💖
  • LadyBlanks
    I have decided to go without my scale for the convention this coming week, but I will take it with me when we go on vacation. We have other people traveling with us to the convention and the concern is for having enough room for all of the luggage in our vehicle.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Hoping you have a great two weeks!!!!! Enjoy your time, and don't stress too much about your plan!!!! Happy anniversary!! <3
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    Have a great time!
  • LadyBlanks
    Hello All,

I am back from my vacation and my weight this morning is 168.5 pounds. At one point during my vacation I was back up to 175.6 after my first week, but I got back down to 162.1 this past Thursday following my 3 day fast and now I am back up to 168.5. It is amazing how body weight fluctuates.

I have started a new challenge thread to help push me to get the weight off prior to my Hawaii vacation in August. I will be posting my daily weights there and will post any comments on this thread.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Welcome back Tracey! We were ALLLLL outta sorts while you were gone, so you didn't miss too too much LOL

It IS amazing how much our body can fluxuate! I was telling the group while I was sick I dropped down to 141 at one point from 155...freaked me out, but it was just dehydration LOL

So glad to see your smiling face back, and YOU'VE GOT THIS!!!!
  • LadyBlanks
    OK, I am back from my Hawaii vacation and have a good bit of weight to lose again. I am up for the challenge. This morning's weight was an even 177 pounds.
  • Go Tracy!! We are here to cheer you on, you will get to your goal in no time.
    I hope you had a fantastic time.
  • mistymeadows2005
    You've got this lady!!! :)
  • LadyBlanks
    Looking at my Hawaii pictures, I can see where the weight came back and am motivated to get it off. I am battling with wanting to eat before time, but I have to win the battle so it won't be a struggle to get back to my OMAD routine. With me not being busy at work, I have plenty of time to think about food.

The cafeteria here at work closes at 1:00 so my goal each day is to resist going there. I may have to resort to going back to leaving my cash in the car to give myself no opportunity to purchase anything.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Hey we gotta do what we gotta do babe! Sometimes I have to resist buying Halo Top bc if it's here, I WILL eat it...the struggle is real! Use the pics as motivation, and let's GET THIS!
  • jadepearl
    Cheering you on from Down Under! You can do this!!! <3
  • LadyBlanks
    Happy Friday everyone.

The past 2 weeks has been a doozy. Week 1 involved TOM and cravings that I just went with and this week I had a colonoscopy done on Wednesday so spent most of the week preparing for it. Low fiber diet and then liquid diet and drinking that awful solution they give you to clean out your colon.

During my colonoscopy they found three diverticula (bulging pockets in the digestive track) so they gave me a diagnosis of diverticulosis and say I need to eat a high fiber diet to keep it from advancing to diverticulitis.

So the debate is on whether I will be able to get my needed fiber in with one meal or if I even want to try to eat that much fiber in one meal. I was thinking of maybe doing 2MAD with a salad with the high fiber veggies and beans around noon and then having my meal at my normal meal time between 5:30 and 6pm.

I did not weigh this morning, but I weighed 176.2 on Wednesday so I still have a way to go.

I have so much to figure out with having to eat foods to boost my iron and now foods to boost my fiber intake. I would like to keep my carb intake at no more than 100g per day. I can't do real low carb because I need the beans and whole grains to get my fiber in so I will have to see how it goes.

I had some raisin bran yesterday which has 7 grams of fiber but has 46 grams of carbs which is nearly half my daily allotment.

Three things to keep my diverticulosis under control:

Weight loss
    High Fiber
    Exercise (at least 30 minutes a day)

If I get my focus on and develop and stick with a plan, these three things should be no problem to attain and maintain. Just adding on more motivation to do what I know to do.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Awwwwwww babe! My dad has it too! He eats lotsa veggies and that keeps it in check - dark leafy greens has TONS of iron AND fiber!!! Spinach with every meal should do the job! LMAO - or kale, whatevs LOL I like beans a lot! They're so good for you and so filling and you can do so much WITH them!

We're here cheering you on boo!
  • jadepearl
    Yes, we are here cheering you on👍😘
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Lots of veggies for sure, and I am sure you will figure out what works for you and get to where you want to go. You have been such an inspiration to me in your journey! Here to cheer you on!!! <3
  • LadyBlanks
    Thanks ladies! I am currently on day 2 of my 3 day fast and all is going well. After my fast, I am thinking I am going to stick with OMAD. I think I will go back to my meals where I had the half plate of salad and have veggies and a protein on the other side. To make sure I am getting my fiber, I am thinking of having a daily fiber supplement like Metamucil to make sure I get my fiber in.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Hey it can't hurt babe! I'm a big fan of fiber supps! I take psyillium husk for fiber! Works really well, kinda helps curb hunger if I have any during my fasting period, and SUPER cheap - you can buy like 500 tablets for like 10 bucks online :)