MFP exercise calories into weekly goal

Options
tjjt2
tjjt2 Posts: 4 Member
Hi

On the MFP app my weekly calories are over the weekly goal, however I've got atleast 1K calories remaining every day because because of exercise and steps. Is there a way to have the weekly calories goal account for exercise too?

Replies

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    do you log exercise? I'd suggest giving that a try and see what happens.

*edit:

I think I'm misunderstanding. MFP intends for you to eat those back if you don't.
  • tjjt2
    edited August 2019
    Options
    However if I eat back the calories I've gained from exercise, I will be over my overall weekly goal (as this doesn't take into account calories burned from exercise). Do you know if there's a way to have it account for exercise?

Also the weekly goal is in Diary>Nutrition> Calories on the MFP app

*Edit* I do log exercise btw
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    On settings and goals there is an option to allow exercise calories to be included, set it to on and log your exercise, I think that's what you're looking for.
  • tjjt2
    Options
    You need premium in order to do so it seems! Thanks regardless
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    Options
    tjjt2 wrote: »
    However if I eat back the calories I've gained from exercise, I will be over my overall weekly goal (as this doesn't take into account calories burned from exercise). Do you know if there's a way to have it account for exercise?

Also the weekly goal is in Diary>Nutrition> Calories on the MFP app

*Edit* I do log exercise btw

Do you not have buttons on the Diary>Nutrition> Calories page, right above the bar graph, that say "Gross" and "Net"? If you pick one, you get the info with exercise, if the other, it's without exercise. (This is in the free app.)

• tjjt2
    Options
    That works! Thanks for the help, not sure why I never noticed that button before.