it's been a week since I've worked out

I'm really getting worried, I'm not into working out lately, I can't seem to get myself out of this. I usually workout at home to Leslie Sansone. Anyone have any words of support or ideas on how to get going. I'm really losing my motivation and I've been working out steadily since April.

Thanks

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    What about changing up your workouts, or trying find a gym or class to attend? Working out to the same thing every day alone in your home can get hard to keep motivated with.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    Maybe you are bored or don't enjoy your particular work out? There are days when I feel like being lazy, then I look at my obese photos, and I get my lazy butt off the sofa!
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    I go through phases like that, and it always worries me too. What I have done is switch up my routine (I do Jess Smith, so smiliar style). I also focus on how I feel afterwards, the pride I take in myself for doing it and the energy I get from moving instead of sleeping longer (morning workouts). That is usually enough to get me back into the swing.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    "I'm really getting worried,..." So, stop worrying and get going. Or, I guess you're just not worried enough, yet.
  • MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    Going to gym with friends is good
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Do you like working out at home to Leslie Sansone?

I don’t always like the workouts I do, but I like my primary exercise. If I didn't, I’d find it hard to want to do it.

Maybe try some other things? Or even go outside for a walk?
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    dodea48 wrote: »
    _calmjam wrote: »
    I'm really getting worried, I'm not into working out lately, I can't seem to get myself out of this. I usually workout at home to Leslie Sansone. Anyone have any words of support or ideas on how to get going. I'm really losing my motivation and I've been working out steadily since April.

Thanks

I bet you can't do five push-ups ---- seriously change up work out AND there is no requirement of "want", "Want" will be missing from time to time from most things that are good for you. E.g. I don't want to clean the bathroom, I don't want to eat a salad, I don't want to go to work, I don't want to exercise. You have to do things regardless of "want" because you are an adult human being.

That being said, change things up ---Leslie Sansone is walking, right? Find something a little more challenging ----get away from the video screen go outside, run or jog to the next telephone pole then walk to the next pole then run --- do the same thing for one week -- then try to run two telephone poles

If you find some time and money --go to a gym and take a class -- they know how to work with walkers

How can one assume that the OP can't do 5 push-ups and is "a walker" from their only post in this thread?
  • mim619
    mim619 Posts: 33 Member
    kdillon606 wrote: »
    What has worked for me is relying less on motivation and more on self-discipline. Not working out is not an option and has become habit even when I don't feel like it. The gains emotionally and physically far outweigh the comfort of doing something else, anything else - for me its watching friends and eating beef jerky. So its a daily mind battle but be kind to yourself too.

This is me too. It's part of my daily schedule to go to the gym so I just go whether I feel like it or not.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    I can't workout just for the sake of working out. I have to have a goal (or many goals). Once I have a goal (usually a race) I get a plan and that keeps me motivated. It also helps tremendously to have others who share your goals and workout with you (peer pressure is a good thing o:) ).
  • _calmjam
    _calmjam Posts: 18 Member
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for all your support and amazing comments. I hope this helps!!!!! I'll get back and let you all know next week how things are shaping up.

I think all of these suggestions and comments are great, I think maybe I need to switch it up and go outside or take a few classes outside my place. And think about what my body was like before I started working out.
  • leebirm
    leebirm Posts: 95 Member
    I go to the gym early morning 3 times a week and once or twice on a Sunday, sometimes the early mornings can be really tough just to get out of bed but I just tell myself "If I don't do it today I probably won't so it tomorrow either"

That seems to work for me and I always feel better as soon as I get out of bed, I've been going to the gym for 3 months now and seem to be in a solid routine.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Find another workout. Most people get bored after a while with what they are doing and need variety. If out of ideas, just go for a long walk.
  • btrfeder
    btrfeder Posts: 6 Member
    Leslie is great but it’s def def not enough to only do walk away the lbs. you’re bored with it a little bit. Leslie is a great start but you have to kick it up a notch now. Join a close cheap gym. They are fabulous. I belong to 3 gyms and spend a ton on fitness. You don’t have to do that. However I think joining one gym or something that gets you exercising in a different manner or even more social a setting is a good move. Concentrate much more on strength training then walking in your “ other “ workout. Strength training changes fat to muscle and is the absolute best thing for long term weight loss. Best of luck

Don’t stop w Leslie but I’m telling you once you take it to the next level and challenge yourself you will be very happy.
  • btrfeder
    btrfeder Posts: 6 Member
    And don’t sweat a week. Been there many times. I always say and think the same thing when I get into a spell where I feel like it’s so easy to not go... one workout. Just get one workout in and the rest will follow .. and it always does.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    I mostly rely on habit these days, but sometimes bribe myself like a small child - you only have to go for 20 minutes, or can get the nice coffee afterwards.
    Sometimes just need a break, a few miles walk with an audio book is better than nothing if I cannot get myself into the gym.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    _calmjam wrote: »

Thanks

Personally, I find stuff like that boring. Do something different.

To me, that kind of stuff is just working out for the sake of working out and it becomes tedious. I love cycling and that is my primary exercise. It's functional and it's fun and I can sign up for various events when and if I wish. During the week I ride on my own in the AM...or sometimes with my wife. Weekends I have the option of a solo ride or meeting up for group rides with various people I've met during my cycling years.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Is it just working out, or is it life in general? I ask because I can't bring myself to work out when I'm depressed, so it's one of my warning signs. It doesn't hurt to give yourself a bit of a mental/emotional self assessment.
  • _calmjam
    _calmjam Posts: 18 Member
    @glovepuppet I think it's a bit of both, plus a lot of stress at home, work, and classes I'm taking. I've hit reset, started back working out with Leslie (I blast my own music, and got a few more songs that are different). I've also started back doing mindfulness meditation - that really seems to help too.

Thanks everyone for your support.