My Fitness Pal is Awesome

I started using My Fitness Pal on July 10th of this year and have been faithful with my daily entries. Besides completing my daily entries for nutritional intake I started walking on a daily basis. These walks started off at a slow pace for 30 minutes. After a few days I began to walk 60 minutes then moved up to 90 minutes after a couple more days. I did my walk every day regardless of the weather. Come sunshine or rain I was determined to complete my walk.

However, while doing my daily walk on July 30th I stepped into a hole in the grass that caused me to slip and fall. During the fall and because of direction of the hole in the ground my left leg bent and twist awkwardly. From this fall I was diagnosed with a torn meniscus in my left knee.

I have not been able to do my daily walk since the 30th of July, so I have had to make up the loss calories from walking by paying closer attention to my daily intake of food. I am a 65 year old male with chronic osteoarthritis in both knees, kidney disease, seizures, high blood pressure and a few more illnesses. When I started on July 10th my weight was 278 lbs. On July 29th I was 268 lbs and after the fall on July 30th I almost gave up thinking I would not be able to lose any more weight and probably gain back what I lost and more.

But with pure determination and being diligent with my food choices I have lost another 14 lbs. My weight today is 254 so equals to 24 LB loss in six weeks. I am very happy with these results because I did not and will not allow a set back like a torn meniscus stop me from achieving my goal.

My point in all of this is regardless of age or other factors such as health issues, we can still achieve our goals when we put of minds to it and stick with our commitment to improve our health.

Thank You,
Wardog54

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    yqv4ja8esk2b.gif
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    So sorry to hear of your injury but am impressed with your determination to continue on program. Great job!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Kudos to you for a job well done! 😎

I hope you heal quickly. I had both knees replaced and have a huge fear of falling on them.
  • Sylphadora
    Sylphadora Posts: 75 Member
    Way to go! I'm coming back to MFP after a loooooong withdrawal period. This is my first time in the forums. My problem with MPF is that I can get too obsessive with the tracking to the point of needing to quit it for my own mental health. I'm back again but I have to tread carefully