Ending a Cut

Hello! Since July 1 I’ve been in a cut where I went from 113 pounds to 109 pounds. I will be going to Columbia for about nine days and would like to know the best way to revert back to maintenance calories. My trip is in 11 days. As a sidenote, should I go over my calories during this trip, should I be concerned? My training may be off as well

Replies

• Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Enjoy your vacation/ life and don't worry to much about it. I went on vacation with my wife while cutting and still working out everyday ... it's not fun for those you're with.

Also some time off is always good. No idea your deficit so hard to say what you need to do to jump back into maintenance .. from the amount you lost in the time period I would assume it's not much so you don't need to worry.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    From the info you've provided, couldn't estimate what your maintenance levels would be. Having said that, it's only 11 days, don't worry too much and enjoy your trip. I've heard great things about Colombia. You're not going to undo all your good work in such a short space of time - have fun!
  • dimroses
    dimroses Posts: 28 Member
    Thank you guys! Just for reference these are my stats

Height: 5 Ft
    Weight currently: 109-110lbs
    Training: strength 6 times a week (1:15), cardio 7 days (1 hour)
    Starting Maintance was 1700
    Deficit Calories are 1500
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    You seem very nervous to just increase by a measly 200 cals as recognised you already asked the same question.
    (https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10758863/what-comes-after-cutting#latest)

What do you actually see as the problem in simply eating 200/day more?

Enjoy your trip, yes you might have to get back on track again afterwards but that's life. Maintenance isn't a flat line in weight, training status and lifestyle for the next few decades - making adjustments is part of long term maintenance.