Today's Goals - What are yours?

Replies

• Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    merph518 wrote: »
    Going to take some inspiration from @kosseychick

For Today:
    • Stay within budget, don't eat after 8pm.
    • Couch to 5k Week 2 Day 3 (done!)
    • 8,000+ steps
    • Retire the majority of my 4x shirts / larger pants in closet, box them up and bring them up to the attic.

Why not send the clothes to charity? After all you're not going to need them again are you....?
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    That's exactly what I did last time and it was pretty costly to replace. I'm going to give it a little time so I feel more confident, then do that.
  • Jackie9003
    merph518 wrote: »
    That's exactly what I did last time and it was pretty costly to replace. I'm going to give it a little time so I feel more confident, then do that.

I ebayed all mine and spent the proceeds in the sales. I try not to pay full price for anything at the moment as I'm hoping not to fit them for very long.
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    @Jackie9003 I'm actually going to donate my gently used clothes :).. last time I went through my closets I donated several bags of clothes and 1 bag of shoes to the Salvation Army..
  • Jackie9003
    @Jackie9003 I'm actually going to donate my gently used clothes :).. last time I went through my closets I donated several bags of clothes and 1 bag of shoes to the Salvation Army..

That's great!
    I did give some of my first batch to charity, bigger clothes always seem in short supply.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    edited August 2019
    jjlewey wrote: »
    - get blood work done and eat something 🤙
    - 12k steps🤙
    - log food accurately 🤙
    - Did I say eat something?😉

All done
    For tomorrow 8/20
    -12k steps
    -log food, stay under 3k
    -make a new overnight oats recipe
  • merph518
    edited August 2019
    • Stay within budget, don't eat after 8pm.
    • Couch to 5k Week 2 Day 3 (done!)
    • 8,000+ steps
    • Retire the majority of my 4x shirts / larger pants in closet, box them up and bring them up to the attic.

Done all around.

For today:
    • Under 2000 calories, no food after 8pm.
    • 6,000+ steps (trying to rest my sore leg, so not pushing myself too much here)
    • Make appointment for checkup

• kosseychick
    Yesterday I did go to the pool, kept under my calorie goals and went through my closet.. got a garbage bags worth to give away👍. It was like Christmas in there, loads of clothes I forgot I had! Lol
    Worked in my CBT Workbook
    Today's goals:
    1/2 hr walk and some weights
    Stay within my calories
    Work in my yard
    Finish off the painting on my deck😊
  • jim_pipkin
    jim_pipkin Posts: 82 Member
    @NovusDies --- not 1800 now. With regular fasting I am now at 2000 cal/day, sometimes more. Now entering third week of this, down 3.5lbs and lost an inch off my waist last week. So, more calories, better weight loss. Whodathunkit?
  • jim_pipkin
    jim_pipkin Posts: 82 Member
    @NovusDies I'm not fasting just for weight loss, but for all of the other benefits as well. I've already noticed a difference to my control level around food. Discovered from several sources that fasting is not just about fat loss, but many other things - controlling blood pressure and blood sugar among others.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    jim_pipkin wrote: »
    @NovusDies I'm not fasting just for weight loss, but for all of the other benefits as well. I've already noticed a difference to my control level around food. Discovered from several sources that fasting is not just about fat loss, but many other things - controlling blood pressure and blood sugar among others.

The blood sugar benefit is only for people with insulin resistance. If your blood pressure can improve it will do so with weight loss all by itself. Much of the information online is taken from rat studies and anecdotes. Other than helping people with insulin resistance all of the human studies have come back with zero measurable benefits.

However, if you think it is providing a mental benefit you have to do you. I really don't like how hard you are on yourself. Have you tried just fasting one day a week and see if your control slips at all?
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    I have lots of biking goals, I know, but! the weather tomorrow is looking a little cooler (mid 70s), so my goal is to do a 12 mile ride home. must remember to bring water.

also, headed to a concert tomorrow night, so my goal is dinner at home beforehand and only one drink at the show.
  • Jackie9003
    My husband and step daughter are away for a couple of days so I've been up since 5.30am.
    My goals today are to bake a birthday cake for my husband's birthday tomorrow, and not be tempted to graze on the decorations and off cuts. And to stay within my allowance despite being up soooo early.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member

Today's Goals (Mon 19th August)
    > 5000 Steps (it's rest day today).
    > Accurate Logging.
    > Clearing out old electrical goods and cables.

I had a bit of a busy day at work yesterday so didn't get around to updating here or setting some goals for yesterday, in fact had a bit of a *kitten* it day.

On Monday I did get my steps in, I logged accurately and I got rid of some of the electrical goods but didn't get around to clearing out the cables.

Today's Goals (Weds 21st August)
    > 5000 Steps
    > Make a note to organise chiropractor appointment after payday. Neck/shoulder still sore.
    > Get an earlier night, asleep for 11pm
    > No phone after 10pm (excl. work calls)
    > Accurate Logging
    > Go for a walk at lunchtime if not raining
    > Clear out cables.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    For tomorrow 8/20
    -12k steps😎
    -log food, stay under 3k😎
    -make a new overnight oats recipe👨‍🍳 apple cinnamon ftw

Today's goals 8/21
    -12k steps
    -log food, stay under goal
    -get 7 hours sleep
    -be happy 🥳
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    1) Navigate my day/routine with people here at the house working - going to be tough
    2) 6000 steps
    3) Try to hit my calorie goal fairly closely since I was so far under yesterday

One of the items on my pre-surgery list was to get the outside flood lights fixed so when my wife takes over the primary dog duties during recovery it will be easier on her at night. It will obviously make it easier on me too and with winter and the time change coming it was going to be a priority in October regardless but probably best to get it done now.

I am hoping they won't take too long. With less calories I really count on my routine and it will be heavily disrupted today.
  • kosseychick
    I've got a friend coming over and she is going to help me with some gardening and yardwork.. in turn I'm going to make her a yummy yet healthy supper😊. If I'm busy I will stay under my days calories. I went over a bit yesterday evening because I was just sitting around watching TV. I know I cant do that or I get snacky.
  • merph518
    • Under 2000 calories, no food after 8pm.
    • 6,000+ steps (trying to rest my sore leg, so not pushing myself too much here)
    • Make appointment for checkup

Slightly under steps and didn't remember to make the appointment. I'll do that now instead :)

No major goals today other than staying within my budget.