Serial Starters

Replies

• skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Good morning all!

Sara--good for you for measuring. It really makes a difference on the scale.

Twiley/Tracey--amazing progress! You must feel great and be so proud!

Lana--sounds like a lovely day you have planned. *jealous*

As for me, stressful day of work ahead, so I have to stay focused and bring good, healthy snacks in my lunch bag. I think I need to start getting some crockpot meals going. No time for cooking these days.

Have a good day, everyone!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Lana - I will find out the details tomorrow, I applied for a position connected to the work I used to do I will be doing part A of the process I used to part B and C - This job involves taking calls from clinics to answer their questions so the phone doesnt always ring. I am expecting to get away from the harassment of Sup/Lead from the position I have...... new stress in learning new process, but not the same type of stress. More details as I learn them. I continue to apply for jobs outside company.......

Need to scoot, bbl.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    lsczhiixysk7.png

c6d7n1srivyh.png

8fdkjv534gyn.png

izoqx7clu1ez.png

on phone hold, but that is enough
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited August 2019
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Company lunch - they order food trucks - so they also gave us menus to check ahead of time- with any luck the truck that does vegetarian quesadillas will show up.

Today is big meeting, taking notepad will ask about training/probation - will I be doing special projects?

My NSV is that I did not eat large cookie I took to work yesterday - small steps. How will I reward myself today after my meeting?

Lana - you and I have had a killer year and have been too friendly at the neighborhood buffet. What can we do daily to get us back in the right direction? You are going to WW and taking walks. I am wondering if keeping a journal again will help. Anyone have suggestions?

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member
    edited August 2019
    Sara - Thank you for your helpful questioning.

I am hopeful that the past few days I have been able to poke my head up above the depression and staying there, and then climbing out. This all falls under the umbrella of DH abandonment and jerking around stresses, which have started again. I am SO conflicted.

I have all of my Diet Tools and good habits in place.
    I journal/track in a composition book - always have through thick and thin (Ha!).

My problem, as it has been for decades, is my soothing fear, anxiety, and depression with what I drink and eat.

So, actually, as I type this, I think what I need to do is
    1) get back to my meditation practice and
    2) read more good books from the library and watch less useless TV. I mean really--I don't think endless episodes of Silent Witness was doing me much good.
    Also I had been listening to too much stressful talk radio while doing my beloved jigsaw puzzles. Music or dharma talks instead from now on, at least in the evening.

Well, all......sorry that this is long and all about me.
    It helps to get it down here at the Cabana Club. Thank you~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Sara - Thank you for the details of your current work stuff. I think of you several times a day. Keep us posted. Big hugs~~

Waving to everyone else who stops by today.

Lana

250.8 beating that number down!
    250.0 "highest"
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Happy Wednesday - getting to the downhill slide!
    Lana - you got this!
    Sara - you got this too!
    My suggestion - works for me sometimes because I am stubborn! GET STUBBORN! Don't let other's affect the way you feel about yourself! yell at them out loud (in private) and tell them they cannot do this to you dammit! :wink:
    I hope you do not feel I am making light of your situations. your stressors are high! But I am confident you can do it!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    “You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.”
    WILLIAM FAULKNER
    Writer | Nobel Prize Laureate
    (1897-1962)

today's email at work. appropriate
  • Tilliesmommy1
    okay I hope not lose you on this - job is not officially offered because they cannot tell me $$ - so 90 day probation and I could be in same boat --- oops did they mention I have to change my schedule to 4 / 10 hour shifts making it hard for dog so I will need to enlist/pay someone to help me. Wont even start until end of next month so I also get to deal with the current work "kitten" for another month. Didnt see anything I could apply for with the state. One good thing about possible new schedule is that Wednesday would be my day off and I can schedule apts and not use pto.....

Had chicken pita, no cupcake and no fries - had a couple pieces of hershey's caramel pretzel peanut candy and will not be surprised if I dont have some thing else sweet before lights out.

Lynn- you are not making light of my current situation.

Rest of my dinner is waiting - wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Luckily I slept okay last night.

First choice for someone to help me with dog and new schedule now has a full time job. Will ask 2nd choice as soon as I can.

Glad to be working and that is about the gist of it. Keep networking and trying for new job. Better to spend my energy on myself than on the negative people in this situation and it is easy to do.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Sara - I guess your work place is far from home, so coming home on lunch break for Miss Tillie is not an option. I hear you can't teach an old dog new tricks, so there's no way to train her to use a "pee pad" in your home? Turf box? (like on cruise ships for service dogs).
    Hang in there dear~~

Waving to Dawn and Missy and Kathryn and Tess and Saltine and Tracy and Tracey and Lynn and Suzu and Meghan and Eryn and Davis and Skinny~~~

*tossing towel and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair*

Lana

250.6 today
    250.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    cg2almtcsn3r.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana - I walk to work, but if need be I can drive and then use my lunch to take her out, not sure if I can eat at my desk........ might be an option.
  • LanaCabana537

Sara - hoping the best for you on all of this!

Lana
  • skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Hello everyone! So sorry I've been absent these last couple of days. Big work deadlines and trying to carve out time for my family in spite of the extra work. I've been on Omada four weeks (on Sunday) and have lost about 8 lbs, though I'm pretty certain that the first four, maybe even the first five, was water weight. My big worry regarding my my progress s the MN State Fair, which I will likely visit once this weekend and once next week. Such delicious, high calorie foods to be had and many available only at the fair. I really have to choose carefully. Thanksfully i share most of the things with my husband and there's a lot of walking.

Sara--so sorry for all of the suspense they are keeping you in at work. That's gotta be hard. One thing I've been finding motivating lately is wearing an ordinary pedometer. I really like seeing the steps add up. Another thing that seems to be working for me is I have two 15 oz clear glass mugs I keep at the office. I fill them with nice cold water about twice a day. It's keeping me hydrated and giving me something to do besides snack. Finally, if you can change your mindset to realize that so much is beyond your control right now, the one thing you can actually control is what you eat. Sometimes that has worked for me in the past. I recently just left a toxic work situation. There is hope. Just keep putting yourself out there. Are you on LinkedIn? I found my most recent job because it's a company I follow on LinkedIn.

Lana--it sounds like you've got some great strategies.

Waving back at Lynn, and all who follow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

TGIF- today I have an audit and a year end eval. I am emailing gentleman in HR to see if I missed something - was the meeting on Wednesday the 'we will contact you' quote or not.

Skinny - I am on Linkedin and in my occupation it is who you know/how you know who you know and so networking is what I am doing to see who works for the State and where else etc.

Former Sup is losing weight I noticed yesterday and outside on the phone a lot - hmmmm trying to get a new job??

Scale is nice to me this morning -talking ounces but in the right direction. Cafe lunch will be split into two meals one to take home for tomorrow.

Will lurk as I go through today.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Ladies~~

Happy Friday!

*tossing beach bag and library book onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    1bwmsl8kor5l.jpeg
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning! Great weather day here in WI. Sunny and mid 70's LOVE it!
    Sara - I had to smile at your former sup losing weight and outside on phone alot Around here when people start losing weight and are distracted - we soon find out there is normally an affair going on. Great motivator apparently - having someone else see you naked LOL. hang in there with work. hope it works with your doggo. That would be stressful, but if you can find someone inexpensive and trustworthy the 4 - 10's might be nice.
    Lana -hello!
    Skinny and all others - hello!
    Lynn