TRIMSTONES TEAM CHAT - AUGUST 2019

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,007 Member
    z3471ik0hyr2.jpg

@brysonlights once again shows us how it's done for WEEK 2 with 148,681 steps!! WTG DUDE!

Great job everyone...please continue to report your steps to fill in the holes on week 2 and let's keep up for week 3. I'd really like to stay on top of it. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • brysonlights
    brysonlights Posts: 25 Member
    Time will tell if I can keep up these numbers but in the meantime THANKS!! Looking forward to another great week.
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Steps:
    8/18 = 7,423
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    Steps:
    8/19 = 12,413
    So apparently if you go to bed and leave the app open while charging you lose steps and miles.
  • thutchinson2210
    thutchinson2210 Posts: 33 Member
    steps 8/20/19

walked on my lunch break yesterday. I wish this was feasible every day, but I took advantage of it while I could. this morning I parked in the farthest parking spot I could find to walk in. Yesterday evening I got out in the yard and just played with my 9 year old which is rare for us, instead of going to the gym. No regrets :)
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Steps
    8/19 4,193
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited August 2019
    GOOD MORNING F2F CHALLENGERS
    I JUST WANT TO PUT THIS OUT THERE FOR ALL FAT2FIT TEAMS AND CHALLENGERS
    IF YOU HAVE A FITBIT AND I AM NOT A FRIEND OF YOURS AND IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE FRIENDS WITH ME
    HERE IS MY FITBIT USER ID......https://www.fitbit.com/user/3MFWZ8 OR ADD BY EMAIL...gregor@lewiscounty.com

PLEASE ADD ME IF YOU CHOOSE TO SO WE CAN HAVE AN ALL F2F WORKWEEK/WEEKEND WARRIOR CHALLENGE
    I WILL INITIATE THE CHALLENGES SO NO WORRY FOR YOU JUST MAKE SURE YOU LET ME KNOW THAT YOUR A F2F CHALLENGER
    GREG
  • jenready
    does anyone else work an office job where they are sitting a large part of the day? I don't sit all day, but I do for a decent part of it. I struggle to get in anywhere close to 10,000 steps and I looking for ways to be more active while at work. Any ideas? thanks!

I end up sitting for a good majority of my work day. In the morning I park at the far end of the parking lot so I have to walk to catch the shuttle to the hospital and at the end of the day I usually walk to the parking lot which is just shy of a mile instead of taking the shuttle. I try to get up and walk during the day as much as possible by walking to speak with someone instead of sending an email when I can, walk the hallways when I get a chance and take the stairs instead of the elevators whenever possible. I also have to make sure to get in cardio either at the beginning or end of the day a few days a week in order to get steps and get in some heart healthy cardio. :)
  • jessicakrall8
    @thutchinson2210 I don't have your steps for the 19th and don't see them posted...got the 20th...please advise. Jessica
  • brysonlights
    brysonlights Posts: 25 Member
    steps 8/20/19

walked on my lunch break yesterday. I wish this was feasible every day, but I took advantage of it while I could. this morning I parked in the farthest parking spot I could find to walk in. Yesterday evening I got out in the yard and just played with my 9 year old which is rare for us, instead of going to the gym. No regrets :)

GREAT JOB!!!!

• jessicakrall8
    JessicaKrall8
    Tuesday weigh-in
    PW: 304.0
    CW: 304.2
  • jenready
    Steps
    8/20 10,094
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    I've been offline a while, I was on another roadtrip. Took son #2 (2 of 3) to school in Phoenix (first time). Thankfully his mother couldn't go due to work, if she had we would still be standing in the parking lot as she continued a long-duration, emotional scene. It's bittersweet for me, glad to have him on his way but sorry that he is on his way. I fell prey to stress and ate too much. I did visit Culver's which has frozen custard that will drop you to your knees. Net zero weigh-in this week (could have been worse).

Phoenix will be 115F today so I'm glad to be back in New Mexico.
  • jessicakrall8
    Horrible day today...stress out the ying yang...bad decisions...feel like I ate everything in sight...tried to log everything but I know I left a few things out...just a horrible day. Trying to dust off...took a long walk and got my 7,000 steps in...tomorrow has GOT to be better. I've been dealing with a lot of financial issues too, so **sigh** I'm going to bed...night ya'll. Jessica :'(
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm new here and sorry for not introducing myself earlier its been a crazy few weeks...

A bit about me:
    46yo 5’10” male, looking to lose weight for good, the goal would be 170-180# range. I have been fat all my life, beginning in middle school I have always been over 200#. I have never been a jock or sports enthusiast. I have a desk job and work from home but travel for work extensively, 2-3 times a month, I am a software consultant. I am married with 2 kids (middle and elementary school) that keep us pretty busy. My wife and I have been gym buddies in the past but lining up schedules is difficult. She is thin but very supportive. In general, I would say I have a very supportive environment, no toxic enablers around me, etc.

My food:
    After reading some articles on food addiction I have come to realize I am addicted to food for sure. My job is stressful and I am very much a behavioral eater. Sneaking food and binge eating is not uncommon when I am up against a deadline or stressed. Not a huge drinker of alcohol but when I do it's a double Crown Royal on the rocks. Love all forms of sugar and diet soda. When I do start a diet I typically go all in, full force, 110% for like the first 2-3 weeks, then come crashing down. I have tried all the diets and fads, keto was by far the most successful about 15 years ago, over the course of 6 months I got down to 180#, but it all came back on. Overall, I have had the most success through diets that limit types of foods, not necessarily portions. I have come to realize I need to get portions under control and gain comfort with all food types. My environment (traveling, airports, business dinners, etc.) doesn’t always lend itself to me controlling the types of foods I eat. When I am good, my eating style still leans toward keto only in that I tend to still chose proteins over carbs but it is not true keto in any way. I am also somewhat dabbling with the idea of intermittent fasting. I do realize for me that it's my nutrition that needs the most work, not the exercise. My focus now is portion control and calorie control.

My Exercise:
    I enjoy the gym and exercise. I have a rower and treadmill in the basement that I try to use daily. If my knees or legs bother me, I will go for rower; if my back or arms are sore, I will do the treadmill. I chose the treadmill most often because it is also what is available in hotels, I like to see advancement either with speed or distance, I like to record and capture data/stats. Also, at home, I have an adjustable kettlebell which I am messing around with. I have a gym membership and also love to lift weights, I have always shown great progress with advancing weight and reps. My main issue with lifting weights is I just get discouraged that the scale doesn’t move. At this point my strategy is to just get the fat off and see what I am working with first and not worry about muscle development, hence I have tried to focus mostly on cardio. I feel like seeing the fat coming off faster without muscle development will do more for my mental motivation at this point. For treadmill, I am averaging 5-7 miles a day, on the rower I typically average 10,000 to 12,000 meters a day. I am slow on both and average workout on either machine is typically 1-1.5 hours. I prefer workouts be indoors, seasonal allergies have always been an issue, and when I do go out and perform activities outside (bike riding, walking, etc.) I don’t typically consider those as workouts. Something about being on a machine, sweating, heart rate measurements and seeing the stats on the machines makes me feel like I am truly doing something.

Why I am here:
    I guess I am looking for friends and kindred spirits because I have a fear of disappointing the people around me (even though they have always been supportive). I just don’t feel like I can have them invest in my journey, again, for the like millionth time. But I do realize that it would be nice to have some sort of support system. Looking for people that are goal-oriented and looking to make positive lifestyle changes. I think most people are looking for someone to relate to, maybe the same situations or circumstances, maybe just the same mindset. Overall, I guess I am looking for people to check in with every few days, if not daily. Keep each other accountable, bust my chops to log food if I haven’t, if I went to the gym or not, tell me my excuses are BS.

Looking forward to connecting with you all!

Welcome!

Have you ever looked into IF? I've been overweight since I became an adult, and I've come to learn I've become so insulin resistant that I have to fast at least 36h 3 times per week. Sounds a lot, but once you've gotten used to 24h it's not that bad.

What has helped me is The Obesity Code and Dr Fung.
    Currently I'm off track, but I feel I'm still in control, and know how to get back on track without starting over.
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    8/19 - 2724
    8/20 - 3527
  • DreaRN15
    DreaRN15 Posts: 453 Member
    Think I'll get plenty of walking in but not do so hot on the food....I'm on vacation again....this time in Jamaica.
  • Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    Eddie__Jones
    week 3
    Wednesday
    pw 282
    cw 282
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Steps
    Mon, Aug 19- 20876
    Tues, Aug 20- 13886 (would have been more but my Fitbit ran out of energy)
This discussion has been closed.