For the love of Produce...

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    We got back from a one week vacation this morning, so there is nothing in the fridge.
    a7yiu5a2jf6s.jpg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited August 2019
    Photo in post below because I uploaded the wrong pic off my iPad! Couldn’t make it replace properly, so double post!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    n0x78dc1tcef.jpeg
  • acpgee
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Ok.... WTF. How come I am the only one here with the fridge door opening to the left?
    I would post a picture of my freezer but there is nothing to see there. Everything is packed in Whole Foods paper bags for veggies, raw meat, cooked meats / seafood, desserts, raw seafood, fruit. Those fit perfectly into my chest freezer. I have a running count of everything that goes in and out of there on top of the freezer using a marker and easy wipe board.

Are you left handed?
  • acpgee
    The fava shoots survived a week without water while we were out of town. Enough for a side tonight.
    qzjgdch0rmin.jpeg
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    The first house I bought many years ago was like that! For a reason unknown to me, the previous owners had their full height fridge built in at the right hand end of a run of units, next to the wall. It opened to the left...drove me insane as the interior light bulb had gone and the door blocked the room light! Total pain, especially at night!

Took me the best part of a year to afford to sort it out! 😂
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    edited August 2019
    Ok.... WTF. How come I am the only one here with the fridge door opening to the left?
    I would post a picture of my freezer but there is nothing to see there. Everything is packed in Whole Foods paper bags for veggies, raw meat, cooked meats / seafood, desserts, raw seafood, fruit. Those fit perfectly into my chest freezer. I have a running count of everything that goes in and out of there on top of the freezer using a marker and easy wipe board.

You aren't. Mine opens to the left, I just didn't include it in the photo. The door has a bunch of condiments, seeds, ingredient-stuff like misos, and beer. And I'm right-handed.

I had to have the door switched to left-side hinge when the (new this summer) fridge was delivered. I have a one-big-room kitchen and dining room (1953 ranch-style house, bizarrely raised to 2nd-floor level by house mover, to put a basement where the crawl space used to be - SMH!). Rest of the kitchen is to the right of the fridge, dining area to the left. It would be extremely annoying to have the door hinged on the right.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    The fava shoots survived a week without water while we were out of town. Enough for a side tonight.
    qzjgdch0rmin.jpeg

@acpgee Fresh greens- a thing of beauty!
  • Safari_Gal_
    Oh man—- just in time for sharing of the produce lover’s fridge photos- mine stopped working. Living out of a cooler until we get a new one.

Only lasted 5 years. My Mom had
    to remind me when I was a kid (late 80s) our simple refrigerator was older than I was and lasted a good 30 years.

Love the produce photos 💕 🥬 hopefully I can go produce binge soon!

igod8wp1cy4x.jpeg
  • AnnPT77
    Okay, so here's why I hardly ever post photos of my food: It's brown, always brown, so brown! (Not photogenic.)

zm7b74xfsg14.jpg

Top is sauteed Cremini ("Baby Bella" <eye roll>) mushrooms, cousa squash, tofu noodles, and a barley miso sauce. Bottom is cabbage slices, veryVery roasted, with dark crispy bits, the way I like it. I added a splash of white balsamic vinegar and some coarse sea salt before I ate it. While cooking, I ate some cherry tomatoes my friend grew, and had some plain fresh red raspberries for dessert. I might slice up some lemon cucumber later, too, if I feel like it.

Last night's food maybe looks better, although it's a little odd in a different way (but notice it still features a good bit of brown stuff ;) ):

59biloaqfckf.jpg

That would be a romaine lettuce wrap, in which there is one of those cauliflower sandwich thins that's supposed to be a gluten-free bread substitute (but being used here as sort of a thin veggie patty for flavor & extra protein (odd)), some slices of roasted skin-on eggplant (the brown stuff you can see), sliced onion, smoked tofu, mozzarella cheese from a local cheesemaker via farmers market, and I think I may've put some dill mustard on it (but I forgot to log it). Obvious cherry tomatoes and lemon cucumber (latter sprinkled with herb salt) on the side.
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member

In my old home it did. In my current home it has to open on the right side as there is a wall to the left it would hit

• lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    lg013 wrote: »
    lehv246p58wn.jpeg
    But my freezer paints another obsession

LOL, I love this picture! My weaknesses are veggies and light ice cream!

Have you had the enlightened? We buy any new flavor we see Bc they are delicious. Just tried brownie cookie dough and it was incredible too. Can’t figure out my favorite Bc they are all so good. Publix in our town just stocked up and has like 15 different flavors and I could not decide

• purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    edited August 2019
    4e3xiraixrn1.jpeg
    om9wu2ovvucn.jpeg

Disaster Fridge, aesthetic wise.
    But produce filled.

Ready sliced kabocha in bottom drawers. Avos, holding at perfectly ripe.
    Spinach.
    Dairy (my indulgence!)
    Chopped various veg and seeds in masons.
    Waaaaay too many condiments.

ETA: coconut, pried from whole ones, in the talent jars. Portable!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    lehv246p58wn.jpeg
    But my freezer paints another obsession

LOL, I love this picture! My weaknesses are veggies and light ice cream!

Have you had the enlightened? We buy any new flavor we see Bc they are delicious. Just tried brownie cookie dough and it was incredible too. Can’t figure out my favorite Bc they are all so good. Publix in our town just stocked up and has like 15 different flavors and I could not decide

Enlightened is one of my favorites as long as it doesn't have marshmallow in the flavor, their marshmallow is awful. My favorites are Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch, Salted Caramel, and Peanut Butter Chocolate. Triple chocolate and cold brew are good too. I'm curious about the new keto flavors but don't trust myself with a whole pint at higher calories!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member

In my old home it did. In my current home it has to open on the right side as there is a wall to the left it would hit

The crazy thing is when this discussion came up I was "my door opens on the right, no, wait, does it?" Then when I thought for a minute I realized my refrigerator has french doors so opens both on the right and left. Anyway, my frig is a disorganized nightmare, this thread is motivating me to clean it. I really need to better organize my pantry too.

I actually thought about posting a picture of dinner tonight (eaten extra late, at 10:30 due to work stuff), but as usual it wasn't as aesthetically pleasing as tasty -- pork chop (one of the heritage so fattier than usual ones) with cabbage, onion, and broccoli.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @lemurcat2 I'm with you, no posting my fridge as it's desperately in need of a scrubbing, plus I'm low on food! I was thinking my fridge opened to the right but it's French doors too. I'd love it if the fridge part was on the left side though, I'm a lefty and it'd be more natural to me.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    @AnnPT77 I have never heard of nor seen lemon cucumbers. Would love to try them!
  • acpgee
    Of the posts I've seen so far, my fridge looks the dirtiest. Please post other pictures of dirty fridges.
  • Safari_Gal_
    acpgee wrote: »
    Of the posts I've seen so far, my fridge looks the dirtiest. Please post other pictures of dirty fridges.

@acpgee haha ☺️

As soon as i get a new fridge- hopefully we will do a back to school redo of the fridge postings in Sept!

• AnnPT77
    @AnnPT77 I have never heard of nor seen lemon cucumbers. Would love to try them!

They taste pretty close to regular cucumbers . . . it's just that they're round and yellow. Fun for visual variety, but mostly I bought them this time because they looked better than the regular long green cukes at the farmers market.