bnbohman
bnbohman Posts: 1 Member
12 Servings
Serving Size 1 Cup
Calories per serving 80
4 Servings of Protein Powder
1/4 Cup Sprouts Organic Quick Oatmeal
10 Servings Cage Free Liquid Egg Whites
1/4 Cup Jordans Skinny Syrup of your Choice (O Cal 0 Sugar)
2 Table Spoons of Baking Powder

Put Ingredients in Nutri-Bullet / Blender blend for smooth Consistancy
Heat up pan High
Spray 0 Cal no stick spray of choice

spread 1/3 cup batter over bottom of Pan

Takes 10-15 seconds a side make sure pan is super hot

i Use 0 cal Butter spray and 0 Cal Syrup.

Of course total Nutrition facts depend on protein powder etc.

Mine are
80 Calories
1G Fat
3 Grams Carbs
15 Grams Protein
1 G Sugar
Per serving

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Picture?
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    Inquiring minds DO want to know! Sounds interesting...
  • aokoye
    edited August 2019
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    HTF do you measure a crepe in a cup???!?!?!?!? and how are you measuring those servings??!?!?
    Yeah there are a lot of things that are awry here. 1 cup of crepe (which would only make sense if the recipe made something like 36 crepes given that each crepe contains 1/3 cup of batter), what is 12 servings of egg whites, which protein powder, how much is one scoop, etc.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I’m just the opposite. I had a wake up wrap at Dunkin’ Donuts this morning. I love those things so much. But you really can’t make them at home because you can’t find tortillas that thin. So I’ve been thinking all day. Could you just use flour and a lot of water, fry a small amount in a small pan? But wouldn’t it be more like a cracker than a soft tortilla? How about adding egg whites for not much change in taste but lots of protein? Or you could use protein powder. Both of those might soften it a little. Now I’m thinking a little oatmeal might soften it a little. Of course no syrup. Hmmm.
  • aokoye
    Options
    I’m just the opposite. I had a wake up wrap at Dunkin’ Donuts this morning. I love those things so much. But you really can’t make them at home because you can’t find tortillas that thin. So I’ve been thinking all day. Could you just use flour and a lot of water, fry a small amount in a small pan? But wouldn’t it be more like a cracker than a soft tortilla? How about adding egg whites for not much change in taste but lots of protein? Or you could use protein powder. Both of those might soften it a little. Now I’m thinking a little oatmeal might soften it a little. Of course no syrup. Hmmm.

I've never had a wake up wrap but, having googled pictures, I would just make flour tortillas from scratch. A crepe would probably be the right thickness, but the texture and taste would be pretty different. Something like this recipe from Serious Eats would work https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/04/thin-tender-flour-tortillas-recipe.html . Another idea (which would be lower in calories) would be to make to make Mandarin pancakes.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,717 MFP Moderator
    Options
    @aokoye thanks for the link to the mandarin pancakes. That's a brilliant trick to do 2 at a time!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Thanks @aokoye will try the mandarin pancakes. Don’t want to try the others, as I don’t want to add that much fat.
  • aokoye
    Options
    Glad I could be helpful! I"ve made the recipe for Mandarin pancakes before and they're a. very easy and b. very reliable. Just make sure not to skip the oil when rolling them out, otherwise you won't be able to easily separate the two pancakes. Either way, they're the lowest calorie option and they are very thin.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I’m also fascinated by the Mandarin pancakes, thank you!

The original recipe in the post just sounds weird and bogus to me! Shan’t be trying that!

I’m quite fond of spinach crepes, as an alternative to tortillas or wraps to roll round savoury fillings.

Just break 2 eggs in to a liquidiser/blender, add seasoning and a large handful of baby spinach leaves. Whizz until it’s a uniform colour, with no visible spinach bits. Leave to sit for 20 mins for the bubbles to die down.

Take your crepe pan (mine’s about 7” I think). Spray with oil, I use a FryLight olive oil, usually. Heat pan, add a small amount of the spinach batter, just enough to swirl around the base. Cook and flip, in just the same way as a standard crepe. Repeat. I get about 8 out of the batch. They freeze well, interleaved with parchment paper.

Before I made them the first time, I figured it was going to be more of a thin omelette than a crepe, but there’s something about the spinach that counteracts the egginess and equally, something about the egg that balances out the spinach taste.

I often finely chop spring onions and baby tomatoes and stir through cottage cheese, with herbs and seasoning. Roll up a couple of wraps, pop in a dish and bake for 10 mins. Tasty!