What’s your favorite vinaigrette recipe?

joygrrrl
joygrrrl Posts: 19 Member
I always use citrus & olive oil or acv & olive oil.
Looking for a little inspiration please.
What’s your favorite recipe?😁

Replies

• tony2545
    tony2545 Posts: 15 Member
    This is my go to dressing.

1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
    1/4 cup tablespoons olive oil
    1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
    3 tablespoons raw honey
    1/4 teaspoon sea salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Balsamic vinaigrette
    1/2 c evoo or canola oil
    1/4 c balsamic vinegar
    1 tsp honey if desired
    1 tsp Dijon mustard
    1 minced shallot
    1/4 garlic powder (you can use 1 clove minced garlic)
    Salt & pepper to taste
    I mix it and store it in a canning jar. Makes 8 servings.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    I like to change up with a slightly asian version occasionally that also has a lower oil to dressing ratio than classic vinaigrette. Equal parts soy sauce, balsamic, and hazelnut oil.
  • missysippy930
    acpgee wrote: »
    I like to change up with a slightly asian version occasionally that also has a lower oil to dressing ratio than classic vinaigrette. Equal parts soy sauce, balsamic, and hazelnut oil.

You always have such interesting ideas!
    I’ve wondered if the nut oils taste like the nuts? Particularly, almond and hazelnut. They’re pretty expensive, at least here. I did purchase a small bottle of almond oil, but haven’t used it yet.
  • acpgee

I’ve wondered if the nut oils taste like the nuts? Particularly, almond and hazelnut. They’re pretty expensive, at least here. I did purchase a small bottle of almond oil, but haven’t used it yet.

Nut oils really taste like nuts to me. Hazelnut oil is expensive, and I have done this with walnut oil which is pretty pricey as well. A cheaper alternative is sesame oil which tastes pretty nutty too. Have not tried almond oil so let us know how that is.
  • joygrrrl

That sounds delish!
  • missysippy930

Nut oils really taste like nuts to me. Hazelnut oil is expensive, and I have done this with walnut oil which is pretty pricey as well. A cheaper alternative is sesame oil which tastes pretty nutty too. Have not tried almond oil so let us know how that is.

I’m going to try this with my almond oil. Wish I had hazelnut. You really do have amazing culinary ideas/ skills. Thanks!
  • acpgee
    Actually I don't understand anything about the flavour of nut oils, I realize. Hazelnut, walnut, and sesame oil all have a strong nutty taste where the nut or seed they are made from is easily identifiable. But why does peanut oil taste totally neutral? I've never tasted almond oil but will pick some up if I see it.
  • papotvin1961
    papotvin1961 Posts: 1 Member
    balsamic vinegar add PURE maple syrup to taste. I don’t use any oil, but you can add a little if you like.

I usually start with a cup of vinegar, add maple syrup until you get the taste you like.

I use this on salads, chicken. etc. chicken cooked in Maple syrup is heavenly.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited August 2019
    Actually I don't understand anything about the flavour of nut oils, I realize. Hazelnut, walnut, and sesame oil all have a strong nutty taste where the nut or seed they are made from is easily identifiable. But why does peanut oil taste totally neutral? I've never tasted almond oil but will pick some up if I see it.

I’ve always figured that’s because the peanut isn’t a true nut, in that it’s a legume? But I’m not sure where that leaves seed oils..except sesame oil is always from toasted seeds? Other seed oils are generally fairly bland.

As for the original question, I never use a salad dressing, just prefer my salad without!
  • srfitchic
    srfitchic Posts: 1 Member
    It's not really a vinaigrette, but it's delicious. I put the measurements in parts, I mix it up when I'm about to use it rather than making a batch.

When I'm not doing keto I omit the oil and it's a very tasty 0 cal dressing.

2 parts avacado oil (2 tbsp)
    1 part apple cider vinegar (1 tbsp)
    2 parts dijon mustard (2 tbsp)
    Stevia to taste
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I like to just sprinkle on some bleu cheese crumbles, salt, and pepper...tastes good and not as crazy calorie filled as actual bleu cheese dressing.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    My favorite is simple:

3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
    3 tbsp fresh lemon juice.
    Salt to taste (I use about 1/2 tsp)

Asian favorite:

3 tbsp sesame oil.
    3 tbsp rice vinegar. (you can use the sushi vinegar if you want sweet/milder)
    3 tbsp soy sauce.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    I use EVOO, red wine or rice wine vinegar, a bit of honey, dijon mustard, clove of minced garlic and salt and pepper.
  • Mysticsheesh
    Mysticsheesh Posts: 1 Member
    3-2-1 Dressing

Ingredients
    3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, (or other vinegar)
    2 Tbsp Dijon mustard (or yellow, brown, spicy)
    1 Tbsp maple syrup, (or other sweetener)

I love this for 2 reasons... it's yummy and it's simple!
    Wait... there's a 3rd reason. 99 times out of 100, I have the ingredients on hand!
  • joygrrrl
    Awesome!
  • joygrrrl
    I like to just sprinkle on some bleu cheese crumbles, salt, and pepper...tastes good and not as crazy calorie filled as actual bleu cheese dressing.
    Love this!🙌
  • joygrrrl
    srfitchic wrote: »
    It's not really a vinaigrette, but it's delicious. I put the measurements in parts, I mix it up when I'm about to use it rather than making a batch.

When I'm not doing keto I omit the oil and it's a very tasty 0 cal dressing.

2 parts avacado oil (2 tbsp)
    1 part apple cider vinegar (1 tbsp)
    2 parts dijon mustard (2 tbsp)
    Stevia to taste

Great idea!
    Thank you!