Love to hear from Type 1 diabetic transformation or success

nicnoahshaun
nicnoahshaun Posts: 63 Member
Hello, I would love to be FP friends and hear from type 1 diabetics who have had success and have found what has worked for them.

Replies

• Sharisunshine
    Sharisunshine Posts: 41 Member
    I've been Type 1 for 27 years now. Looking for more friends! Feel free to send me a friend request!
  • Bex1537
    Bex1537 Posts: 1 Member
    T1 for 28 years. My A1c has been under 7 for the last few years but I struggle so much with insulin resistance. My weight has fluctuated all my life, but I've been steadily gaining the last 5-6 years and now I have around 100lbs to lose. I'm pretty determined. Feel free to reach out!
  • teresa19622015
    teresa19622015 Posts: 34 Member
    I’m type 1 since pregnant at 40. I gained a lot between first and second pregnancy. I’m now losing about a kilo a week on 1500 cal/day and exercising with trainer a couple times a week plus Pilates (I’ve always worked out). Im 5’10” and goal is about 80kg, I have weighed as low as 69 but was working out every day and was a lot younger - that’s not sustainable now.
    I’m very motivated at the moment. My A1c is about 7. I eat (when not dieting) pretty much anything just up the insulin, but using a lot less at the moment. Biggest issue is getting hypos - but conversely I might eat a no carb breakfast and still have to take quite a bit of insulin otherwise my sugars go too high. My danger time is mid afternoon and occasionally middle of the night for hypos. Losing weight while diabetic seems the same as before, but this time I’m just a bit wary of hypos and I don’t like how if my sugars aren’t on target how it affects my workout performance, and also can’t skip meals like I used too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!