Steph's OMAD Accountability Thread

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    OMG the food looks amazing esp the cheese cake :) Congrats on that loss ---I am sure you will continue to go downward by the end of the week.....

oh what a cuite pie he is----all stretched out.....LOL
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Like I said, it's not what I wanted -but I really think a LOT of that comes from not being particularly low carb going into this so it's taking me a long time to hit ketosis...that's why I think I'm going to extend it an extra day - if I'm doing all the work to be IN ketosis might as well take advantage of it for a lil while longer :)

He's SO cute...he was wailing on the phone with my Utah broker...he was like "OH OH! I hear the kitten! HI BUBS!!!" lmao - I love my folks <3
  • volgirl1322
    OMG how cute........
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited August 2019
    @volgirl1322

"BUT I'M HELPING, MAMA!!!" :D:D:D

w4up50136fi8.png
    7bi69d81v5ay.png
    kbpp89pdxp8u.png
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Sounds like you're kicking some egg fast butt so far :) I really hope you get some great results. If not, well.... now you know? lol
  • mistymeadows2005
    LMAO that's sorta my thought - I mean, as of right now it's WAY less effective then my normal schedule, but again that might be because I'm just barely into ketosis...I'm hoping these next few days I'll see the REAL drops :)
  • volgirl1322
    OMG that little baby so so sweet his little tongue. Steph I'll be honest, I wouldn't get an ounce of work done with that cutie pie around LOL....... <3 I am posting my work buddy on my thread.....she is not a fan of the laptop at all LOL..... <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    LMAO sometimes he pulls me away, but the beauty of my new position is that I can stop and give him the attention his lil cute butt deserves WHENEVER he demands it <3

At least your fur baby leaves the laptop ALONE! Bubs would be ON the keyboard at all times if I let him :D
  • mistymeadows2005
    UPDATE!

Made another "cheesecake" today and did 3 things different:

1. I only had 7 oz of cream cheese open and I wasn't about to open another one for 1 freakin' ounce, so I just went with it.
    2. I used extra sugar free s'mores syrup because the flavor didn't cut through much on the last one
    3. I used the blending function on my immersion blender instead of the whisk

RESULTS?
    Well I haven't eaten it but IT LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER! It's SUPER fluffy and looks much more like regular cheesecake - I'll post a picture either tonight or tomorrow :) It wasn't quite as brown as I'd like so I put it back in for a few more mins :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited August 2019
    In other news, I re-weighed just for funsies - down to 153.7! We're GETTING THERE!

I will get to the 140s by EOW if it kills me >:)
  • volgirl1322
    Great great results Steph that is super awesome!!!!! I will re-weigh tomorrow to see how I finished for the week, so far it has been a 3lb loss, and I really would love 2lb additionally to finish with a 5lb for the week---we will see!!

Yes, pics of the cheesecake please!!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited August 2019
    Happy Thursdayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Weigh in this morning - 152.4

Slowly but surely we're getting there - that's 2.4 pounds down from yest morning weigh in. 1.3 down from late day weigh in. That DOES solidify my theory that if I keep the 2.5ish losses up that I'll hit goal if I go through Friday.

Ya know...the first day kinda sucked...I was trying to eat eggs in a form that I just don't really enjoy that much...now that I've figured out what I like and what I don't it's REALLY easy. Now the habit in me really wants Friday to be an eat out day...if I give in and do that, meh so be it, but I'd really like to see where a full 5 days gets me. We'll see if I get through it LOL. Even so, I should see around 150 even tomorrow morning if the pattern holds up.

The cheesecake turned out beautifully:
    38og8d702die.png

I had 1 piece of this one...I have 3 left, and 1 of the old one so I"ll have 2 tonight and 2 tomorrow as long as I'm egg fasting still. The ice cream was too high cal and labor intensive to be worth it.

Summary of food - 3 eggs worth of egg salad with 2 stalks celery, 2 pieces scallion egg muffin with extra sharp cheddar, 1 piece cheesecake, 1.5 servings ice cream. Had well over a gallon of water so that helps :)

Cals - 1944
    Def - (101)

Here's how the egg muffins turned out:
    m2gw8ceuo5yi.png

This picture is only 1 piece, but I ended up having 2.

Onward and downward! LOL

Here's a cute Bubsy selfie <3

prw00gcieksp.png
  • volgirl1322
    You guys are so cute :)<3 how did you do the "cheesecake" I may have to try it.....looks yummy :).....Glad you found your groove with the eggs ---awesome sauce on your results!!! :D
  • mistymeadows2005
    Thanks boo! Cheesecake is 8 oz cream cheese, 2 tbsps butter, 3 eggs, 4+tbsps SF flavored syrup (I used like 6-7 tbsps SF S'mores cause I like the extra flavor) and 1/3 cup splenda - melt the butter and cream cheese a lil in the microwave, add the syrup and blend, add the eggs and blend LOTS, pour into greased pan and bake on 350 for 20 mins ish :)

EASY PEEZY! Makes 4 servings and here's the specs:
    0skb6f1tjkto.png
  • volgirl1322
    OMG totally making this tonight :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    I'd suggest making it earlier rather later so it can chill - I think it's best semi-frozen :)
  • volgirl1322
    YUMMMM I made it last night.....Will try to remember to take pictures before I eat it later :).....Happy Friday!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Thanks dear!

Ok it's Friday - 4 days of egg fast without even one lil cheat, NOT. ONE.

Still 152.4

Total weight loss - 4.7 pounds

NOW, Donna lost 4 which seems like less BUT IT'S NOT! Because she lost 4 "real" pounds...all I did was lose the freakin' water weight....this is higher than my EOW weigh in last week. Plus I feel really bloated again today, which at this point I'm guessing is from the GROSS LACK OF FIBER in this fast :(

So while the food was good, I have cemented that low carb/keto does NOT work for me *shrug* - it wasn't miserable so I refuse to be salty about it, but now I'mma have to be very careful this weekend not to go way over TDEE, AND I'm going to have to have a true loss week next week, and do mini fasts all week and maybe even a full fast Thurs. *sad face* I really wanted this to work, but it wasn't in the cards for me.

SO back to OMAD. I'm having Culver's tonight...shockingly Culver's WITH my crack ranch AND my Halo Top for less cals than my sad lil food on egg fast. Yeah no thank you...not for me. Plus I DESPERATELY miss fruits and veggies. Nah, just.......nah. TO EACH THEIR OWN THOUGH! LOL

OK ONWARDS!

No pictures today so sorry for the bland post LOL but the experiment is complete!
  • volgirl1322
    That is still a great loss!!! But, I am with you, I was really missing the fruits/veggies way too much...... :#
    I plan on having a great weekend (Culvers is now on my brain) :) and then getting back to OMAD next week. It was fun to try but it wasn't worth it for me either and with the keto flu for a day or so, tot not doing that again.....

Onward and downward dear :) I'm with ya on that...... <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    Well the problem is it WASN'T a loss - it was actually a half pound GAIN - not cool. Fun to experiment but I'd much rather gain weight by eating what I want LOL

I'm going to try to keep it to at TDEE OMAD this weekend so that I don't gain anymore, and can get down another 4-5 pounds next week to 148ish