The dreaded 3rd day...

Historically I make it to day three of my new eating plan and I want to give up. I want to cheat. I’m in the middle of day three. So far so good. I really want to succeed and keep off the weight. I’m hoping sharing with others might help me make it this time. It’s the one big difference.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    It took me about two weeks on mfp to get my food diary situated so that it was easier to make entries and I felt like I knew what I was doing. Now, I fill it in a few days in advance.

Within two weeks, my cravings were gone and my anxiety and depression symptoms had lessened.

That alone would make it worth but, of course, there's the weight loss, too. I'm very happy with my success so far and look forward to seeing it through to the end.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    They used to make a big deal about the third day is the hardest. Make it through and it’s all downhill from there. Not sure I believe it, but if it’ll get you through today and tomorrow, just keep saying it!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Read all the posts on here, especially the ones about cheating, discouragement, etc. you want to do this for the rest of your life, right? So if you mess up on day 3, keep going on day 4. Also consider a more moderate plan. You might be doing too much too fast. You want to find an approach that is sustainable.
  • montyeva1114
    montyeva1114 Posts: 78 Member
    I want to try 1500 calories and exercise to see if I can even lose weight. I have, what I think is a realistic goal: lose 15 lbs. that’s what I have put on the last 4 years. I got through day 3!!! I’m going to weigh myself tomorrow again.
  • MoKaaz
    MoKaaz Posts: 162 Member
    I found the best way to get into an eating plan was to ease into it. Don't decide one day to cut out all junk food and pop at once, maybe convert yourself to drinking diet pop or picking the slightly healthier junk food. Over time you should find it easier and easier to make these changes, never forget to treat yourself once and a while. Don't tell your self you "can't have that cake" when you are at a party. Nobody is perfect if you "mess up" one day then pick it back up the next.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    I want to try 1500 calories and exercise to see if I can even lose weight. I have, what I think is a realistic goal: lose 15 lbs. that’s what I have put on the last 4 years. I got through day 3!!! I’m going to weigh myself tomorrow again.

Congratulations on getting through day 3! If you haven't read about it yet know the scale can bounce around a lot so your reading may not be showing a loss even if you have lost fat. I'm up 2lbs today and definitely didn't go 7000 calories over maintenance yesterday! There are weight trending apps where you can log your weight and it'll show your weight trend over time.
  • LyndaBSS
    @montyeva1114

How are you doing today?
  • montyeva1114
    I made it through day 3 and I weighed myself. I’ve lost .8 of a pound. That’s encouraging. I’m pretty sure that the days of losing 5 lbs in the first week are over so I’ll take almost a pound.
  • LyndaBSS
    That's great, well done.

Just always keep in mind that fluctuations and plateaus are a normal part of the process, so don't worry when they happen.

Keep up the good work.
  • montyeva1114
    Good advice!