What did you have for breakfast this morning? 🍳🍊🍽

Replies

• NatGalOtt
    NatGalOtt Posts: 1 Member
    I had a Kale, Beets and spinach smoothie.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Barley flatbread (we baked it last night), greek yogurt, turkey cold cuts (a couple of slices), a tomato, and a pear.

Homemade barley flatbread sounds awesome. I'd like to try to make some!

It's easy. 3:1 wholegrain barley flour to wholewheat flour, a bit of olive oil, a pinch of salt, yeast, then keep adding water until it comes together. Let rest covered for an hour in an oiled container in a warm place, then just take chunks and flatten them with oiled hands on a baking sheet brushed with olive oil and bake.

It's higher in calories than regular bread because of the oil, but the taste more than makes up for it. We can usually get freshly baked bread any time of the day unless it's something less common like barley flatbread or borodinsky bread, we have to make it when we want it.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    I made myself a sort of black forest gateaux smoothie. Loads of black cherries, oat milk, and a scoop of chocolate protein powder. Second only to a Full English, it's one of my favourite breakfasts.
  • rabdiver
    rabdiver Posts: 2 Member
    I don’t do breakfast :)
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    One slice sourdough bread, toasted, topped with thickly sliced grilled tomato and a boiled egg smooshed on the top.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Soft boiled egg, on a buttered, toasted, light English muffin, topped with 1/4 tsp chia seeds.
  • MarioPahlke
    MarioPahlke Posts: 18 Member
    What I eat almost every morning in two shifts...

at first a squeezed grapefruit with 2-3 gr. cinnamon and one scoop of the vanilla french creme
    the rest 2 hours later

rvkn00c0e7s3.png
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Eggs, bacon, coffee with sugar free creamer. This is vacation splurging, I usually don't have the bacon.
  • NewBeGinning1130
    NewBeGinning1130 Posts: 2 Member
    I made breakfast burritos. 2 scrambled egg, 2 strips of bacon, a medium flour tortilla wrap, and 1/8 cup of Shredded Italian Cheese blend. I eat a half of one burrito for breakfast and save the other half for tomorrow's breakfast
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Wegmans shredded wheat cereal with a banana and skim milk. And coffee. Always lots of coffee.
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Coffee and some bubble gum. :#
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Skipped breakfast the past few days, but had oats with almond butter and some berries today.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    1 cup oats, 1 cup grape nuts, 1 cup 2% milk, 1 cup cashew milk, 1 cup blueberries and 1 tsp cinnamon...
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    Green chai tea (with a tsp of sugar) and a blueberry Greek yogurt
  • DreaDarling87
    DreaDarling87 Posts: 46 Member
    Blueberry Clif Bar
  • powercycle
    powercycle Posts: 22 Member
    Cinnamon raisin bagel with pumpkin seed butter and a glass of milk.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    *Green shake with baby kale, spinach and bok choy, hemp milk and Teras’vanilla whey

• Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    JeBeBu wrote: »
    I went to my garden and picked a juicy peach and some big, fat blackberries! Yum!

@JeBeBu loooovvvve blackberries! Can only imagine having them in a garden!!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    Leftover buccatini carbonara (pasta with bacon and eggs) warmed up on low in the microwave. Last nights roast cherry tomato straight from the fridge. Caffeine via a diet coke.
    ilykud4u5uuy.jpeg
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    coffee, boiled egg with cholula sweet habanero hot sauce