DB row 5x5
    1 mile walk with the dogs
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    edited August 2019
    21 Day Fix Day 9: Upper Body Fix+10K steps
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Missing the AirBike already. 60 minutes on the Indoor rower today. I have to really work at getting the HR down. It might mean (for now) 16 SPM work. Obviously, this was too high of HR for a Steady state row.

It's OK because I have four or five days off planned next week to go to San Diego.
    <snip images for reply length>

Dunno about you, but I always have trouble committing to that > than that 2:30, however necessary. It's like it's a speed bump . . . ! :lol:

Have fun in SD!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    8/21
    6-8am
    Yoga
    5 Tibetan Rites (5 rounds each rite working towards 21)
    Hatha Sun Salutation - 5 Rounds
    Ashtanga Sun Salutation A - 5 Rounds
    Strength
    Core Compression Drills
    3 x 10
    Meditate
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Missing the AirBike already. 60 minutes on the Indoor rower today. I have to really work at getting the HR down. It might mean (for now) 16 SPM work. Obviously, this was too high of HR for a Steady state row.

It's OK because I have four or five days off planned next week to go to San Diego.
    <snip images for reply length>

Dunno about you, but I always have trouble committing to that > than that 2:30, however necessary. It's like it's a speed bump . . . ! :lol:

Have fun in SD!

Thanks Ann, I was working hard on my slooow recoveries and picturing the gravity just slowly take me back. At 16 SPM, that I did some of, I will say it makes you really pay more attention to each stroke.

My wife and I adopt shelter dogs and cats (we have six right now including our sons). Our three dogs are at Camp Bow Wow as we speak getting acclimated to dog play. We hardly ever take vacations but this dog place is right across the street and the doggies get to play nearly all day long with other dogs. We are probably more overprotective of our animals than we were our kids!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I got another 90 minute bouldering session in.

I introduced my little brother to the wall. He loved it, and I'd looking into climbing regularly.
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    Shoulders and Arms!
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    1/2 hour spin, abs, stretching. Going to try to make time for an outdoor ride this afternoon too.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Wednesday and summer, so another 7.1km row in the double.

Hot, humid, little to no breeze, bright sun . . . easy pace. ;)
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Wednesday
    Day 3 of my bootcamp week.
    3 mile cycle to get to and from PT
    Ihr beach workout with PT mostly sprints but some burpees, jumping and planks
    1hr piyo class
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Spin class again, mostly Z3, some Z4.
    aokoye wrote: »
    10.6km in a quad. Super glassy water but a really difficult to deal with current which was only really an issue with docking (part of what made yesterday's docking experience awful). Got noticeably better at squaring and feathering with my fingers (I need to try different grip sizes as well) and spent the last quarter of practice getting more length at the front end of my stroke which I apparently was also successful at doing.

Do you have a 12"-ish hunk of suitable-diameter dowel at home to practice with? Can help.

Just for the LOL: One of my coaches described the motion as like scritching a tiny dog between the ears with your fingertips. ;)

Presumably your more length at the front end is coming from more length at the back end . . . .

We're working on, among other things, getting me to get more reach at the catch, so to get my hands out further past the gunnels. Part of it is a confidence issue and part of it is potentially an equipment issue. My layback is actually pretty good, in part because when I'm rowing with the men's team I'm the shortest in the boat (I'm 5' 8") so I had to learn how to "row tall" pretty quickly at both the front and back ends.

I rowed 4,600ish meters in a single this morning for my private lesson. The primary goal was getting more comfortable in a single but we also worked on the finger stuff (it's getting better...) and my reach at the catch (see above). The person who coached me, the main sculling coach, wants me to try oars with a shorter inboard length to see if that changes anything for the better - I suspect it will.

I apparently am progressing along well - and save for not squaring with my wrists, nothing I'm doing won't work itself out with more time in a single. I've also gotten much better at steering. Oh also, the rec single was deemed "too easy" for me by my coach and apparently we do have a second single that is in working order, the right weight rating for me, and not exceedingly narrow.

And for non rowing on the water people:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbIQh3CPLUE
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    1 hour walk in the pouring rain (boo!) at 2.9 miles ph pace. Last 10 minutes was walking up and down 4 flight stairs.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    8/21/2019 - during the hour before noon at park -

Burpees x 5 plus two-hand KB swings with 24kg KB x 15 every 1:30 - completed 20 rounds (100 burpees and 300 KB swings) in 29:20 - average HR = 151 bpm (84 percent) maximum HR = 165 bpm (92 percent) total 371 calories according to Garmin.

Note: burpees had a push-up and a jump with hands overhead for each rep. Hadn't done them in a long time, didn't know what I was in store for; they were easier than the last time I did this workout due to spillover benefit of running.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2019
    SS indoor rowing again. Bike parts come in today or tomorrow. Just have to figure out how to put it back together.

Did 20 minute row X 2 today and then a 10 minute one with strapless C/D. Man I've gotten bad at strapless work. Not sure what happened with that one screen shot but it says 13 SPM -- it was really 17. Likely because I thought I'd do an hour straight through and then reconsidered and broke it down, stopping the original row after 20 minutes. Likely that's the reason it went all wonky on me. Second row didn't store to ErgData (my workout log) so that's aggravating. Said I need to update my firmware on the rower. That's been long overdue anyway.

All added up to around 10.5K meters if you count the C/D strapless.

rjsvsl93z90q.jpg
    b8hvz4iatr1l.jpg
    48k58spprzra.jpg
    cj7zu706d8sq.png
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    1.5 mile morning walk with my son and the dogs. This involved all sorts of variety, such as Simon Says, walking in circles to get dizzy, etc. Everything is more fun with a 9 year old:)

Tonight- 60 minute Krav Maga class
  • J72FIT
    edited August 2019
    8/22
    6-8am
    Yoga
    5 Tibetan Rites (5 rounds each rite working towards 21)
    Hatha Sun Salutation - 5 Rounds
    Strength
    Handstand Pushup - GTG
    *On a Yoga Block
    5 x 2 (10)
    Pull-ups - GTG
    5 x 6 (30)
    Cossack Squat - GTG
    5 x 8 (40)
    Meditate
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    I just started following this thread again. Love seeing everyone's workouts. Yesterday mine was:

AM- 5.5 mile slow, easy run+ 25 minute dog walk
    PM-50 minute strength training total body with PT+ 15 minutes stretching/foam rolling+ 25 minute dog walk

Today:
    AM-25 minute dog walk
    PM(planned)- 7-8 mile run with 4 @ tempo pace+ stretching (yes, if I type it here then I have to do it...)
  • J72FIT
    8/21/2019 - during the hour before noon at park -

Burpees x 5 plus two-hand KB swings with 24kg KB x 15 every 1:30 - completed 20 rounds (100 burpees and 300 KB swings) in 29:20 - average HR = 151 bpm (84 percent) maximum HR = 165 bpm (92 percent) total 371 calories according to Garmin.

Note: burpees had a push-up and a jump with hands overhead for each rep. Hadn't done them in a long time, didn't know what I was in store for; they were easier than the last time I did this workout due to spillover benefit of running.

I love this style of training. You get a ton of volume and still stay kinda fresh...
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    0.5 mile walk and dynamic warmup, followed by 1.5 miles of various hill sprints and other races. My son sets the course, and I follow! Great workout and a fun time with my boy:)