New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    I got the Glazed Donut Keto Enlightened ice cream. I didn't eat much cause I couldn't fit it in my macros today but it was really tasty. Annoying thing was it wasn't filled to the brim, it was missing about a quarter of a tub. 😐 For how pricey it is, I expected it to be full.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I got the Glazed Donut Keto Enlightened ice cream. I didn't eat much cause I couldn't fit it in my macros today but it was really tasty. Annoying thing was it wasn't filled to the brim, it was missing about a quarter of a tub. 😐 For how pricey it is, I expected it to be full.

That's been my experience with normal Enlightened pints. They're never full.

Do you know how the keto Glazed Donut flavor compares to the non-keto Glazed Donut? I don't care much for the regular version of that flavor, but since it comes in both versions, it would be a good opportunity for someone to do a side by side comparison.
  • apullum
    apullum wrote: »
    lisaepell wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    This morning I got pumpkin spice coffee from Dunkin and the last three days I’ve been devouring Dannon light & fit’s pumpkin pie Greek yogurt... I have been DYING for pumpkin this year more than any other year in the past and I don’t know why but I’m ready... bring it on peeps, show me all the pumpkin things whenever you see them!!!! o.o

I make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I try to keep them as a fall only thing, but people keep asking for them year round :)

OMG, can you post the recipe?

6pcye4s5u60i.png

It's just a basic cookie method: I use a stand mixer to beat softened butter and sugar together, add eggs, then add other wet ingredients (pumpkin and vanilla), then slowly add flour/cinnamon. Regular cinnamon is fine; my grocery store just happened to have "roasted" cinnamon last time I made these. Stir in your chocolate--I chop a bar of dark chocolate, but chips are fine. I use a 1.5 tbsp scoop for all my cookies. This is a HUGE recipe; I usually get about 6 dozen cookies out of it. They are fluffy, cakey cookies.

oh! Throw in some freshly grated nutmeg too, if you want, or sub the cinnamon for a pie spice blend.
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member

Do you know how the keto Glazed Donut flavor compares to the non-keto Glazed Donut? I don't care much for the regular version of that flavor, but since it comes in both versions, it would be a good opportunity for someone to do a side by side comparison.

I've never tried the regular one, I haven't even seen that flavor in my stores. Unfortunately, my area seems to really be lacking in variety. I've been dying to try the marshmallow and peanut butter one but they don't have it in my area.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    This morning I got pumpkin spice coffee from Dunkin and the last three days I’ve been devouring Dannon light & fit’s pumpkin pie Greek yogurt... I have been DYING for pumpkin this year more than any other year in the past and I don’t know why but I’m ready... bring it on peeps, show me all the pumpkin things whenever you see them!!!! o.o

I make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I try to keep them as a fall only thing, but people keep asking for them year round :)

6pcye4s5u60i.png

It's just a basic cookie method: I use a stand mixer to beat softened butter and sugar together, add eggs, then add other wet ingredients (pumpkin and vanilla), then slowly add flour/cinnamon. Regular cinnamon is fine; my grocery store just happened to have "roasted" cinnamon last time I made these. Stir in your chocolate--I chop a bar of dark chocolate, but chips are fine. I use a 1.5 tbsp scoop for all my cookies. This is a HUGE recipe; I usually get about 6 dozen cookies out of it. They are fluffy, cakey cookies.

This sounds super easy and delicious ! Thanks I am saving for this holiday season. I might use white chocolate or butterscotch chips instead😊
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited August 2019
    Not new but I’ve never had these flavors before. 0v7ik28li9lk.jpeg
    9w4ibkuz75if.jpeg

Enlightened movie night is sooooo good! Loved the salty sweet caramel. It reminds me of Jordan’s sugar free salted caramel syrup. Super sweet.

Cashew milk bananas foster was amazing! Lots of delicious caramel with a nice banana flavor. I’m picky about banana flavored things because I hate fake banana flavor, but this tasted great. Super creamy and delicious. I wish they’d make a super low cal ice cream with cashew milk. 720 cal per pint 1q2tzn5d52lw.jpeg
    43i5yolcjm2l.jpeg

• apullum

6pcye4s5u60i.png

This sounds super easy and delicious ! Thanks I am saving for this holiday season. I might use white chocolate or butterscotch chips instead😊

You can use any chips you want! Butterscotch chips would probably be really nice. I'm sure it would also work well to use nuts or chopped dried fruit.

Whenever I bake, I also like to brown the butter first and let it cool to the consistency of softened butter. I toss in an ice cube while it's cooling to speed the process along and replace the water cooked off while the butter browned. It makes a very noticeable difference in the flavor, and most people can't name exactly what the difference is :) I usually bake with unsalted butter and AP flour so I can control the salt and leavening, but for this recipe I haven't switched those things yet.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member

I've never tried the regular one, I haven't even seen that flavor in my stores. Unfortunately, my area seems to really be lacking in variety. I've been dying to try the marshmallow and peanut butter one but they don't have it in my area.

Enlightened posted a video review of keto flavors and glazed donut was the least favorite. I've never tried the regular.
  • StayFocused01023
    StayFocused01023 Posts: 60 Member
    edited August 2019
    tyauj0fugnct.png

I don't know if this is new but I just saw it for the first time last week...

Dairy free, super low calorie... doesn't exactly hit the ice cream treat spot but who can complain at 180 cals PER WHOLE PINT!? I thought it was good enough for the tiny calorie damage
  • Noreenmarie1234
    tyauj0fugnct.png

Dairy free, super low calorie... doesn't exactly hit the ice cream treat spot but who can complain at 180 cals PER WHOLE PINT!? I thought it was good enough for the tiny calorie damage

I used to eat arctic zero super low calorie pints all the time back in the day. (the 150 calorie pints) I know a lot of people hated them, but I thought they were good for 150 calories, lol. I didn't really consider them "ice cream" as much as a frozen protein treat. I liked the cookies n cream.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    xrjet6fdju7n.jpeg

This flavor looks good! They should have added pretzels to it.

6pcye4s5u60i.png

You can use any chips you want! Butterscotch chips would probably be really nice. I'm sure it would also work well to use nuts or chopped dried fruit.

Whenever I bake, I also like to brown the butter first and let it cool to the consistency of softened butter. I toss in an ice cube while it's cooling to speed the process along and replace the water cooked off while the butter browned. It makes a very noticeable difference in the flavor, and most people can't name exactly what the difference is :) I usually bake with unsalted butter and AP flour so I can control the salt and leavening, but for this recipe I haven't switched those things yet.

That is GENIUS! I LOVE the browned butter flavor. I am so going to try this when I make these or any type of cookies.

Appears to have the same Graham type cookie crumbs that are used in s’mores flavor! So kinda like a pretzel?
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    xrjet6fdju7n.jpeg

Oh my lanta! 😮 I'm excited for this! I hope Quest doesn't disappoint.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    edited August 2019
    Best thing in my life right now vfxwiuk8o36l.jpeg
    9e4ozcb95dqc.jpeg
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    tyauj0fugnct.png

I used to eat arctic zero super low calorie pints all the time back in the day. (the 150 calorie pints) I know a lot of people hated them, but I thought they were good for 150 calories, lol. I didn't really consider them "ice cream" as much as a frozen protein treat. I liked the cookies n cream.

I don't consider any of the low cal ice creams "ice cream" anymore,at first I was in love with enlightened and thought it was a treat,now eating it just feels sad,tastes weird,consistency is weird,too pricey for what it is,etc I'd rather just buy real ice cream snacks like Bunny snacks or the tiny Drumsticks
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    neldabg wrote: »
    xrjet6fdju7n.jpeg

Oh my lanta! 😮 I'm excited for this! I hope Quest doesn't disappoint.

Ok... totally off topic but in my entire life, the only person to say this was my ex wife. No one else EVER.
    Are you my ex wife??!?!?! lol :)

Lol. Now that I think about it, I have no idea where I heard the phrase, so I Googled it. It looks like it was used on the show "Full House" and on commercials, but I can't remember ever seeing those commercials, and Full House was a show that came out before my time.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,842 Member
    How do I live near 5 Dunkin’ Donuts stores but 0 Krispy Kreme’s.... this is killing me....
    qftd00jud39p.jpeg

Same here :(
  • logiatype
    logiatype Posts: 110 Member
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    How do I live near 5 Dunkin’ Donuts stores but 0 Krispy Kreme’s.... this is killing me....
    qftd00jud39p.jpeg

Same here :(

I would brave the inevitable stomach cramps (and worse) to try this!