In your 60’s

Replies

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    @annliz23 thank you I know God will take care of them & send/lead her to resources/job etc, It's been going on for couple months & I just feel the strain. I have been making myself take better care of me, I went to the step class Tuesday & am going today soon. It's 2 days/wk. I decided if I don't go to any other class, I'll go to that at least. It's also supposed to be 102+ for the next 10 days. I don't do well in the heat & around this time of year my tolerance gets lower due to being hot all the time, but it'll be over soon for another year. I've been doing better on my deficit except for yesterday, I had too many chips. Tomorrow is one of my grandson's B day. Our youngest son is bringing dinner (gs requested spaghetti & chocolate cake) he's getting cake from Costco. I don't like chocolate cake so that will be easy to pass up, he makes great spaghetti but I'm going to eat at home before the party & hopefully skip the food. I'm glad he's not making his chocolate cake from scratch because I love that one(it's the only chocolate cake I love, with buttercream frosting-to die for) & it would be hard to stop. I'm picking up my friend & her dog in the morning before it gets hot & going to a large human park with trails & other things, it'll be a good walk. They do have a dog park also & will probably do a couple rounds in there. I always burn a lot of calories when ever I go there. I'm only taking Eleanor, my GSD girl
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    @SummerSkier, I have the same Omron & it reads my age? I am 69.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Evamutt wrote: »
    @annliz23 thank you I know God will take care of them & send/lead her to resources/job etc, It's been going on for couple months & I just feel the strain. I have been making myself take better care of me, I went to the step class Tuesday & am going today soon. It's 2 days/wk. I decided if I don't go to any other class, I'll go to that at least. It's also supposed to be 102+ for the next 10 days. I don't do well in the heat & around this time of year my tolerance gets lower due to being hot all the time, but it'll be over soon for another year. I've been doing better on my deficit except for yesterday, I had too many chips. Tomorrow is one of my grandson's B day. Our youngest son is bringing dinner (gs requested spaghetti & chocolate cake) he's getting cake from Costco. I don't like chocolate cake so that will be easy to pass up, he makes great spaghetti but I'm going to eat at home before the party & hopefully skip the food. I'm glad he's not making his chocolate cake from scratch because I love that one(it's the only chocolate cake I love, with buttercream frosting-to die for) & it would be hard to stop. I'm picking up my friend & her dog in the morning before it gets hot & going to a large human park with trails & other things, it'll be a good walk. They do have a dog park also & will probably do a couple rounds in there. I always burn a lot of calories when ever I go there. I'm only taking Eleanor, my GSD girl

Enjoy your walk and enjoy the party I think sometimes we get so wrapped up in counting calories we forget to enjoy things (as long as it's not all the time) we should perhaps savour the moment more .
    I like Dollys song LYRICS

"Youd better get living , giving
    A little more thought about been a little more willing,
    To make a better way
    Dont sweat about the small stuff, keep your chin up,
    Just hang tough and if it gets too rough,
    Fall on your knees and pray, and do that every day
    Then you'll get to livin
    The day were born we start to die,
    So dont waste one minute of thus life,
    Get to livin!
    Share your dreams and share your laughter and make some points
    For the great hereafter"

Have a good day .
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    TGIF.

The.
    Grind.
    Includes.
    Friday. :D

Have a great weekend, y'all!
  • annliz23
    😀 Have a great weekend!
  • annliz23
    Evamutt wrote: »
    I had an awful morning grrrr...I got to my friends to pick her up. She wasn't ready. The door bell woke her up. I told her she can come next time, she said she'll hurry & get dressed. Me & Eleanor waited in car for about 15min when she opened the door & both her dogs ran out. One of them is aggressive & would have attacked Eleanor. That's why we waited in the car. I followed her in car while she went after the dogs. They turned into a cul de sac. I locked the doors & good thing cuz my friend tried to open them to get Cheif, the friendly dog to jump in but the other dog, Zoe didn't have leash on yet. I followed her home & eventually got Chief in car & went to park. Our mutual friend was down by the river so we wanted to go say "hi" but shouldn't have because the walk there was SO hot only a 12 minute walk but the delay made it too warm. My friend walked slow & stopped to chat so I was way ahead of her but did wait under shady tree. I was upset about the whole thing mostly because I've been worried about my daughter & it makes me short tempered plus my "best friend" doesn't usually think any thing is a big deal, ugh. They even messed up our order at Starbucks after! The good part is we walked for 1.5hrs & that was good exercise. I'm just glad we're home. Hope ya'll have a great weekend

Oh dear sorry you had a bad time, , try to focus on the positive things! I sometimes list them if I feel down .
  • fitlulu4150
    fitlulu4150 Posts: 1,371 Member
    @Evamutt, I hope your life settles down soon and you can enjoy yourself a little. Sometimes things just pile up but it generally doesn't last forever. Do what you can to make the changes you need to make.

I tried walking with a neighbor a couple of months ago and it was a disaster...............I don't do it anymore.....LOL

I enjoy hiking with my children and grandchildren who all live in either CO or MT but otherwise, I prefer to exercise alone, that's what my headphones are for..................MUSIC!

I'm happy to report that my Vertigo has disappeared as of Monday, actually, and I'm back at the gym and hiking with my sweet dog! I'm back to maintenance and working on gaining muscle again and looking forward to some great workouts.

Hope you all have a great weekend planned and find time to relax and enjoy yourself a little while still working on your goals! :)B)
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,748 Member
    @SummerSkier, I have the same Omron & it reads my age? I am 69.

well dangnabbit. I checked mine again and it still won't go over 60. Maybe you have a newer model. I have had mine since 2012 or 13. Hopefully yours is NEWER vs older. LOL
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Yeah, mine is probably about 4 years old.
  • katchalatch
    katchalatch Posts: 2 Member
    Hello all. I am new to this community and am trying to figure out how the MFP posts work. Hope I’m in the right spot. Started 10 days ago as a way to decrease the arthritis pain in my joints. I’m 62. I do like The MFP app. Very helpful.
  • annliz23
    13ilgal413 wrote: »
    Turned 60 earlier this year, and retired, and decided this is the year of tackling my weight. Gaining 5 lbs in a year doesn't seem like much, until you do it consecutively for 16 years (!!!). Am on day 26 of tracking w/MFP and down 7 lbs. Walking 1 hour every day; doing some kind of aqua fitness 4-5x per week. Just today got up the courage to actually measure my waist. (insert emoji with eyes popping out of head). Have a doc appt for next week and hope to get some guidance there. Goal is to lose 50 (43 to go!) in 50 weeks. Cheering on others and hope to get some encouragement here, too. Cheers!

Just log your food and exercising , well done losing but remember there will be ups and downs it's a slow steady process but if you continue you will see results. Good luck.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    13ilgal413 wrote: »
    Cheering on others and hope to get some encouragement here, too. Cheers!

Welcome! You've come to the right place for that! The mutual support and encouragement is the best feature of this app/website.

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    @megamom congratulations !!! Welcome new members on this thread, l joined this group more than half way after the start & I really appreciate all the support I get on here. This morning I tried on a pair of jean shorts that were comfortable then got a bit snug but today they are almost comfortable again! For me exercising is key because mfp gave me a bit over 1200 cal/day to lose & I can't do that so as long as I keep up with exercise, I can lose. I committed to the step plus class twice a week & do try & get in some more, even if I just go swim or treadmill for 20 min. I do couple sets of weights at home too. My problem with going to the gym more often is I'm babysitting a 2yr old grandson from 11:30-2 while his mom goes to college. By the time I get home, have snack & relax I get very sleepy & it gets too hard to make myself get up & go. I spend my mornings taking my 6 dogs out. Too hot to go for walks so it's the dog park till cooler weather. Before I used to walk about 2+ miles with one of my dogs, then dog park. The gym class I go to is at 5:30. Other than the gym class, I don't like going to gym after 4 because it gets very crowded, so I'm working on a solution
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Hi all—I’m 63 & I’m on day 2. I need to lose about 100 Lbs or else I’m in big trouble. A lifelong dieter, I’ve tried every program out there. Hoping MFP is the answer I’m looking for.

It can be, with a bit of patience and experimentation: Wish it had been available (or I'd discovered it) decades ago. :)
  • rhondamacleod1958
    rhondamacleod1958 Posts: 88 Member
    edited August 2019
    Received the results for my latest A1C blood tests for diabetes. Down again to 5.9, so exercise and diet are truly important. Things were hectic the past couple weeks, both my sons purchased their first homes, so a LOT of packing and moving. No gym, but I am positive I more than made up for it. I was back at the gym today though. A suggestion from my doctor was to start intermittent fasting and I actually made it through the 18 hours without too much difficulty today. My eating window was from 1:00 pm until 7:00 pm. I will eat eat my regular meals tomorrow but will begin again after dinner at 7:00 pm. Anyone fast?