Your Favourite FUN Workouts!

Hello! I'm notoriously lazy and hate exercising so I'm looking for something that I'll actually enjoy doing. Do you have a favourite workout plan that you have fun doing? I'd prefer something that I'm able to do at home. Thanks!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I mostly ride my bike, walk my dog, do some hiking and rock climbing here and there, and play in the pool with my kids.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Playing in the pool with the kiddo sounds like fun! I'd love to be the kind of person who enjoys the other stuff you've listed one day lol!
  • yelliezx
    Laser tag with my cousin's kids. Yes, I'm childish.

Childish?! I think not! I love laser tag. I need my son to get a bit older lol.
  • yelliezx
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    The most fun? That would be the battle royal that ensues at family get togethers. Apparently I am the default target for for my daughters and grandkids, and most of the nephews/nieces/great nephews/great nieces and cousins kids. Yes, it's a real workout and yes I always "lose" :D

But this is why I've been working out for years, so I can do things like that with my family. :)

LOL! That does sound like fun! I have a 19 month old and he's absolutely nuts so I feel like I'm going to get even more of a workout with him as he gets older.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    yelliezx wrote: »
    Playing in the pool with the kiddo sounds like fun! I'd love to be the kind of person who enjoys the other stuff you've listed one day lol!

I don't think of those things as exercise really...and certainly not a "workout"...I'm just recreationally active (unless I'm purposefully training for a ride or something).

Unfortunately, I'd say if recreational activity isn't appealing, I'd be hard pressed to think some kind of actual "workout" DVD or whatever would be appealing. I loath that stuff, but could ride for hours on end.

Maybe something like zumba or dancing?
  • yelliezx
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

I don't think of those things as exercise really...and certainly not a "workout"...I'm just recreationally active (unless I'm purposefully training for a ride or something).

Unfortunately, I'd say if recreational activity isn't appealing, I'd be hard pressed to think some kind of actual "workout" DVD or whatever would be appealing. I loath that stuff, but could ride for hours on end.

Maybe something like zumba or dancing?

I'd count those as exercise but that's only because I have to try pretty hard just to get 5000 steps in a day!! So I feel like anything extra would be good enough for me.

The social house in my community is starting zumba classes next month so I was considering going! I even find Zumba difficult :D

• Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,902 Member
    yelliezx wrote: »
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    The most fun? That would be the battle royal that ensues at family get togethers. Apparently I am the default target for for my daughters and grandkids, and most of the nephews/nieces/great nephews/great nieces and cousins kids. Yes, it's a real workout and yes I always "lose" :D

But this is why I've been working out for years, so I can do things like that with my family. :)

LOL! That does sound like fun! I have a 19 month old and he's absolutely nuts so I feel like I'm going to get even more of a workout with him as he gets older.
    That's one of the most fun ages with kids. I hope you have as much fun as I did, and still do :)
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Boxing is fun because you get all your anger out productively. Hiking and horse trail riding because you get to go on adventures
  • yelliezx
    Boxing is fun because you get all your anger out productively. Hiking and horse trail riding because you get to go on adventures

Ohhh boxing sounds like fun! I think my anger may be better served in something like that rather than road raging :D
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Nordic skiing, riding a bike, hiking, scrambling, climbing, swimming outdoors, bike polo, trail running, trail maintenance, etc.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Kayaking, hiking, Zumba, ballroom dancing, yoga, biking, snorkeling, hula hooping (oh, I think I will do that tonight!)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Cycling long distances.
    Hiking up a mountain.
    Canoeing around a lake.
    Cross country skiing on a col but sunny afternoon.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Not to sound repetitive but... hiking, rock scrambling, trail running, anything with a ball, playing with kids, dance parties, so much more.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I've always enjoyed walks/jogs outdoors. Get yourself a nice jogging stroller and take your son out. You can stop every few minutes and do strength exercises if you want more of a circuit style.
    You can do exercise videos online during naps.
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    Dancing is my fun exercise but I LOVE weight training!
  • allother94
    allother94 Posts: 588 Member
    Roller skating. Burns more calories than you would think.
  • Daveybaseball
    Daveybaseball Posts: 24 Member
    I usually lyft weights and do body weight exercies maybe 3 sometimes 4 times a week and cardio. I do about 30 mins of body weight exercises and dumbells and then 30 mins of cardio. I often use my elliptical for cardio. I recently after several years of not doing so went biking and have a couple times now this summer. Ive started adding in biking 2 times a week now for 20-40 mins for an additional cardio workout. I do all home workouts. I also walk a lot to. I lost a good amount of weight doing body weight exercises and lyfting with dumbells and the elliptical and also walking a lot. Now im just adding biking in a couple times a weeks to change it up and keep it fun so that I can continue to keep the weight off. Feel free to add me or message me if anyone needs a little advice or tips if they are trying to loose a little. Everyone is different so you just have to find what works for u and gets u results. Im happy to share with people if they want what I personally did. The answer might surprise some of you slightly as it’s very doable if you can stick to it for a good amount of time and several months depening on how much weight u are trying to loose.