Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Automatic add for foods consumed everyday?

shezzzzzshezzzzz Posts: 123Member Member Posts: 123Member Member
I would like to be able to have certain foods show up in my log everyday, or better yet, have the option of having them log automatically on certain days.

For example - I enter a cup of milk everyday to allow for what I use in tea and coffee, it would be nice if that could just show up without me having to add it daily.

OR - I also have a smoothie every week day, would it be possible to have it set up to enter automatically on certain days?

I understand that part of the "business" is to get traffic on the site, and perhaps if the auto add feature were limited to one or two foods per account, it wouldn't affect traffic that much, as there is still the social part of MFP, and the probability that most people already post their repeat entries at the same time as their other entries.

Replies

• NaomiJFosterNaomiJFoster Posts: 1,500Member Member Posts: 1,500Member Member
    That's one of the reasons I don't bother to log my multivitamin. I don't want to be locked into searching for it and entering it every single day. I'm lazy. But that would be helpful for those everyday things.

But....my prediction is that we will be told that it isn't going to happen. Because I think the most important feature of MFP is that by logging each and every thing, we become more aware and more accountable for our choices. So I think we'll be told that auto-logging would take away that necessity to actively think about and enter everything. But that's just a guess.
  • CharleneG_BarnesCharleneG_Barnes Posts: 25Member Member Posts: 25Member Member
    I just copy it through my iphone or ipad -- click on the little wrench then use the options available there "copy to today" etc
  • ferraribob1ferraribob1 Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    Just create a meal that contains all of those things you routinely consume each day. Sure, you'll still have to add it every day but it can be handled all in one entry. Plus, your meal list is typically much shorter making the entry easier to find. You could even name the meal so that it shows at the top of the list.
  • LaserMumLaserMum Posts: 133Member Posts: 133Member
    If there are foods that you have every day then you could create a meal for them. Then you'd be able to add them all together easily. That's what I do at the moment.

I'd find this facility useful though too. I have almost a set weekly menu, especially for breakfast and lunch, and it would be nice to be able to automatically put it in every day.
  • shezzzzzshezzzzz Posts: 123Member Member Posts: 123Member Member
    I do have my weekday and week end meals set up as meals, including the milk, and do use the copy from yesterday frequently when I eat leftovers (although I do have to change the meal from dinner to lunch).

I try to simplify as much of my life as possible (hence the same smoothie everyday), and I agree that manually logging is important for awareness, but for one or two entries per day, the luxury of that auto add laziness would be nice...
  • socajamsocajam Posts: 3,023Member, Premium Member Posts: 3,023Member, Premium Member
    I do have my weekday and week end meals set up as meals, including the milk, and do use the copy from yesterday frequently when I eat leftovers (although I do have to change the meal from dinner to lunch).

I try to simplify as much of my life as possible (hence the same smoothie everyday), and I agree that manually logging is important for awareness, but for one or two entries per day, the luxury of that auto add laziness would be nice...

Just think of the calories you would not be able to account for if the auto add is added. :laugh:
  • andrewwoods4688andrewwoods4688 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Fastforward a few years... but does anyone know if this functionality exists yet?
  • NerifitnessNerifitness Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    such a shame that it doesn't. I log all my meals in advance weekly to ensure I am balanced with the types of protens and carbs. Not sure why the 9.99 dollars a month wouldn't cover such a simple function. Silly!
  • LyndaBSSLyndaBSS Posts: 5,745Member, Premium Member Posts: 5,745Member, Premium Member
    I'm a premium member and have no issues with either the time it takes me to log my diary or anything else on mfp.

I think we've just become a society that requires instant gratification.

If only people had an understanding of the amount of programming it would take to make what, to them, seems like a small change.