Herbalife

Has anyone tried Herbalife meal
Replacement options if so did you have success with it? I’m looking into trying it but would like to hear others pros or cons first.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,883 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    abbybz wrote: »
    Replacement options if so did you have success with it? I’m looking into trying it but would like to hear others pros or cons first.

John Oliver has a good video on the cons of Multilevel Marketing, featuring Herbalife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6MwGeOm8iI

I watched the video you linked, very entertaining way to dissuade anyone from Herbalife and any other dubious pyramid selling schemes!

I’m not familiar with John Oliver - assuming he’s a US journalist, although maybe a Brit living in America ? But I’ll be having a look at more from him. Thanks for the link! 😊

Yes, the above poster got his background correct.

John Oliver also did a really good job explaining Brexit for an American audience, especially the part about the border in Ireland, which other outlets were not covering well. I'll message you with a link so we don't derail this thread.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    I got sucked into it about 20 years ago (!) and tried it for about 6 months before I gave up. I did lose some weight but not nearly enough to warrant consuming the ghastly products. They did try to encourage me to sell the stuff but I didn't get pushed hard.
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member

My question for you is what is driving you towards the meal replacement options? Is it ease of use? If you want a regimented plan and don't like to cook and prepare meals, I would consider making your own plan out of frozen entrees readily available at any grocery store. You can find meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner, protein shakes, protein bars, etc. at any store for a decent price.
    I tried Jenny Craig many years ago, and soon realized I could just buy better frozen meals at the grocery store for much less money. Recommend looking at a grocery store app such as Walmart.com or another app in your local area. You can easily determine what is available, along with the nutrition numbers, and build your own plan that way.
    I personally prefer to cook, but do keep a small stock of frozen meals as a backup.
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member

John Oliver has a good video on the cons of Multilevel Marketing, featuring Herbalife.

Thank you for posting this. I watched the entire 30 minutes, and was enlightened and highly entertained.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    pjshawley wrote: »

Thank you for posting this. I watched the entire 30 minutes, and was enlightened and highly entertained.

I feel like if we excerpt the math part about how, exponentially, there just aren't enough people in the ENTIRE WORLD to make possible the things they say, it has to stick in some heads? Coming at people who are sucked in with the idea that they are being preyed upon is one thing, because these some of organisations combat that actively with cult like creepiness, but literally everyone on the planet buying this junk can't make the reality happen how they say.
  • Poor quality stuff that has a big name in the mexican community here in southern california. Youd find better stuff at walmart.