WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,506 Member
    ]]]]]]]
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    A lot of the wonderful women on this thread have already read it, but if the newer people are interested in my autobiography of my early years, and the abuse, I have put the details in the spoiler. I am now writing the years from 9 - 17.
    ME I AM by Heather Eyles.
    Available on Kindle or as a paperback. Just look on Amazon and type in the whole thing.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    (((Amber))) Glad to hear your daughter is getting help. It is traumatic for all of you. My trauma is different from yours but I find setting up routines and getting to my exercise class, painting, gardening, and singing are my therapies. Sometimes you just need a mental break from all of it. This group is a wealth of support and information.

He is preying where she is most vulnerable her son. She is right she should never be alone with him nor their son. Whatever she needs to do to protect herself and her son she needs to do now. The stronger she can make herself physically, mentally, and legally the better chance she will have to stand up to him. Get those pictures to police and court. Make police and courts accountable too.

He is a bully and bullies like to prey on those they perceive weaker than themselves. Agree with Lisa assessment!

<3 Margaret
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    KJ & Machka: Hot flashes ae happily in my past. My doctor provided me meds for the hot flashes, but after a short experiment with them I chose to go “cold turkey.” I didn’t do at all well with birth control pills as a young woman either. I found that I preferred a diaphragm for birth control and cold turkey for “the change.” I hope that you will both find a way through this that is comfortable for you. :star:

Heather: I have long been impressed with your survival from a bad situation in childhood. I think your story with help others. :flowerforyou:

Lisa in AR: Happy quilting!

(((Amber)))

Yoga today! Yay!!! I am planning to nag DH to get pain meds from his doctor. He needs something other than whiskey. It is crazy expensive and not the basis of a healthy lifestyle. I’m sure the doctor will provide the meds if asked.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Morning, afternoon and evening all...

My goal for the month was to exercise five days a week at the gym, and I've made that every single week for the last four... very pleased with myself, and that I have only, across the whole month, talked myself out of it on one single day, and I made up for that by going in on Saturday.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Well done!!

Strava has a challenge up to do that for 4 weeks in September ... and I've joined the challenge. I have to exercise in a way that can be tracked for 15 minutes a day, 5 days a week, for 4 weeks. That's part of the reason I got the new heart rate monitor.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    klanders30 wrote: »
    grrrrrr :s. Sign on my gym door says they are closing next month :s:s this is the second gym (different companies) in less than one year that has shut down!! Have I said grrrrrrr enough???

Change is inevitable, back to the drawing board for me.

NYKAREN

Go with a city or university gym ... much less likely to close. I won't touch private gyms anymore.

M in Oz
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Has anyone heard from Janet in OKA?

Michele ~ Christmas is four months away! Why don't you treat yourself to an Instant Pot before then...you will love it.

Machka ~ Happy 11th anniversary. Our 50th will be on Monday.

Amber ~ Great accomplishment on the weight loss and on you & daughter's survival. So glad you found the hubby who is now making your life happy.

Lanette ~ Wishing you a very successful surgery next week. Sorry your husband is feeling so stressed.

Pantry: My husband keeps ours organized and makes lists for me to fill at the grocery. I tend to buy duplicates of the same thing because I forget that we already have the item.

Everyone have an excellent Friday!

Carol in GA

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,036 Member
    edited August 2019
    Heather said
    ‘I tend to slather it on quite thickly. :o
    This is a given for officianadoes of Marmite 😂

Machka: That’s quite a fairytale romance. Love the lakeside? Venue.

Katla: My doctor prescribed HRT for menopause but it didn’t sit well with me. I used aromatherapy and yogic breathing to alleviate symptoms.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    1122889uis5gpr73p.gif
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    Yes, Janetr we haven't heard of in a bit, and also Sharon. <3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Here’s my other favorite in Britain got talent
    Being born with physical disabilities He reminds me of my best friend Michael who had Autism he could really crank out the jokes.
    Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,506 Member
    Hours r going back from 8-4:30 starting Monday, plus is I’m getting off the phones!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,747 Member
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

Panty envy!

Kim from N. California

So the silly little 10 year old who still lives inside my brain got a giggle with this typo! LOL!

Amber my "pantry" turns out to be just one of several places to store food. It's scattered throughout my cupboards! While I don't have children at home now, I actually provided childcare for 3 growing boys years ago (nothing like Kelly!!) as well as my own 2 sons. You make do! Now that it's just my husband and I, it's plenty.

Pip ... change of hours and no phone work ... this is good, right?

I'm waiting for a Verizon technician to arrive and upgrade our internet/router. My intent last night was to reduce our monthly expenses. Somehow that changed into a new contract with upgraded equipment and internet speeds. With all the specials/bundles/and smooth talk, my monthly bill went up $4.00. Sigh. But, according to my chat representative last night, my family "is just going to love it!" One positive ... knowing a service man had to go into the basement sent me on a speed declutter/throw out mission so he could get to the equipment he needs to work on!

Beth near Buffalo

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Hello ladies.
    I was dog sitting all week and I gained a pound. It matters because now I have four to lose for the Labor Day challenge in about ten days. Two meals out are planned for that time. I guess it means that my home routine is really good. I missed my fiber goal and got extra hungry. I suppose I can't give up yet but four pounds in ten days will be tough.
    Annie in Delaware