Today's Goals - What are yours?

Replies

• Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    My husband and step daughter are away for a couple of days so I've been up since 5.30am.
    My goals today are to bake a birthday cake for my husband's birthday tomorrow, and not be tempted to graze on the decorations and off cuts. And to stay within my allowance despite being up soooo early.

I didn't do too well, I licked the bowls and tried the cake as I had new recipes, but I went to the gym and have nearly 15,000 steps so no damage done really.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    1) Navigate my day/routine with people here at the house working - going to be tough
    2) 6000 steps
    3) Try to hit my calorie goal fairly closely since I was so far under yesterday

One of the items on my pre-surgery list was to get the outside flood lights fixed so when my wife takes over the primary dog duties during recovery it will be easier on her at night. It will obviously make it easier on me too and with winter and the time change coming it was going to be a priority in October regardless but probably best to get it done now.

I am hoping they won't take too long. With less calories I really count on my routine and it will be heavily disrupted today.

1) Routine was disrupted but I did okay anyway. Each corner of the outside of the house now has a working flood light and there were a few nuisance things inside that we took care of since the electricians were coming anyway.
    2) Already at 5290 so I should sail past my conservative goal for the day.
    3) +11 calories which I consider goal enough.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member

Today's Goals (Weds 21st August)
    > 5000 Steps :smile:
    > Make a note to organise chiropractor appointment after payday. Neck/shoulder still sore. :smile:
    > Get an earlier night, asleep for 11pm :/
    > No phone after 10pm (excl. work calls) :smile:
    > Accurate Logging :smile:
    > Go for a walk at lunchtime if not raining :smile:
    > Clear out cables. :smile:

Went to bed earlyish but didn't get to sleep til gone midnight. Did over 11000 steps, phone was left alone, logging will be up-to-date before I enter into my spreadsheet, even if it doesn't look to pretty.

Neck very sore today, not sure I will be getting any strength training done this week, so perhaps just yoga and steps.

Today's Goals (Thurs 22nd Aug)
    > 7500 Steps.
    > Bag up all the stuff that I had left out for friends to look through for charity shop/selling.
    > Gentle Yoga
    > Accurate logging
    > Aim closer to deficit, struggled the last day or two, maybe because I am run down/fatigued.
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    My goals for today:
    1 hour of pool time
    Make a healthier choice when I go out for lunch ( I scoped out the menu online and made a choice that is lower in calories,fat and sodium than my usual fare)
    Stay within my budgeted calories
    Work in my CBT workbook
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    My goals for today
    -I am getting a yummy greasy take out pizza
    -try not to eat the whole thing
    -stay below maintenance calories
    -get 15k steps
  • Jackie9003
    My goal is to stop eating the biscuits I made and walk into town to have my hair cut instead of taking the bus.
  • NovusDies
    1) Be happy
    2) Hit 8500 steps today since they were abysmal yesterday
    3) See if I can bank a few extra calories to have Mexican food tomorrow.
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    today!
    -call to set up service for my car (recall/repair thing)
    -contact management about the lack of water pressure in our shower this morning :|
    -10k steps
    -lunchtime walk!
    -10 mile bike home--in prep for my first ever 20 mile ride tomorrow! (which will likely have a rest in the middle)
    -make a salad tonight, to go with whatever else. got some veggies to use
    -enjoy this ridiculously lovely mid-70s weather!
  • amkita
    @NovusDies mmm, Mexican food! now I'm thinking I should make enchiladas tonight... so yummy.
  • NovusDies
    amkita wrote: »
    @NovusDies mmm, Mexican food! now I'm thinking I should make enchiladas tonight... so yummy.

I will be looking for my e-vite. Is e-vite still a thing? Am I even spelling that right? I am not notoriously unhip.
  • amkita
    amkita wrote: »
    today!
    -call to set up service for my car (recall/repair thing) :)
    -contact management about the lack of water pressure in our shower this morning :|:)
    -10k steps :)
    -lunchtime walk! :)
    -10 mile bike home--in prep for my first ever 20 mile ride tomorrow! (which will likely have a rest in the middle) :'(
    -make a salad tonight, to go with whatever else. got some veggies to use :(
    -enjoy this ridiculously lovely mid-70s weather! :)

bike ride foiled by a broken spoke! bah. it'll cost another $100 to fix, on top of the hundred I spent two weeks ago so... I'm going to go test drive new bikes tomorrow! hooray? but also... I dunno. we'll see how it goes. also, going with mexican instead of salad, but I'm ok with it.
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    Didnt get pizza, oh well, wife was cooking dinner when I woke up (working 3rd shift). I neglected to tell her I wanted pizza, I ate much healthier as a result. Maybe pizza tomorrow, probably gonna end up about 14k steps, not a bad day overall.
  • real_change
    real_change Posts: 53 Member
    I'm moving my youngest son (I have four of them) into the dorms today. Tomorrow my husband and I celebrate/grieve our empty nest with a camping trip to my new favorite spot. I'm still not fully recovered from my surgery and this is my first trip anywhere since April. I'm struggling with all of this getting me down. Feeling low puts me at risk of emotional eating. My goal for the next week is to be ok if I have more maintenance days than weight loss days. I'm not sure I can deal with the stress of focussing on weight loss in the midst of all this.

Once again, I am so grateful for this group and for learning to be ok with slow weight loss. I probably won't check in much until next weekend (no service). I hope you all have a great week!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    @real_change hug! Camping sounds fun and don’t beat yourself up for not being able to focus on weight loss. Eating at maintenance sounds perfect. You got this! 😁
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    My goal today is to be able to eat (without pain). Food poisoning or some stomach virus took me out Thursday night. Eating is torture right now, but I don’t have time to be sick! I had fun things planned for this weekend and I had to cancel. :(

So this weekend is not going according to plan. Boo.
  • maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    I was thinking about all the things I can do today that I couldn't do 30kg ago.
    1. Do up the seatbelt in my son's car
    2. Fit properly in the bath
    3. Touch my toes
    4. Do a full press up
    5. Do a "downward dog" pose
    6. Walk easily for an hour at a good pace

I still have a way to go...another 30kg I reckon, but I'm loving the "new" mobility and freedom I feel already.
    Today's goals:
    get outside and enjoy the sunshine. Walk for 60-90 minutes at an easy pace. Finish all my marking. Do some baking.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member

Today's Goals (Thurs 22nd Aug)
    > 7500 Steps. :)
    > Bag up all the stuff that I had left out for friends to look through for charity shop/selling. :)
    > Gentle Yoga :)
    > Accurate logging :)
    > Aim closer to deficit, struggled the last day or two, maybe because I am run down/fatigued. :)

I was missing in action over the weekend as I was camping and had to conserve battery on my phone for duty work calls.

Today's Goals (Tues 27th Aug)
    > 7500 Steps
    > Pack for trip to Romania at the weekend
    > Gentle Yoga
    > Accurate logging
  • NovusDies
    Today's goals

1) Be happy
    2) I will join @tinkerbellang83 on her 7500 step goal. Might be tricky because of rain off and on.
    3) Get out the yoga DVDs that I bought forever ago and rip them so I can play on Fire/Kodi
    4) I am feeling good today so I think I could probably get away with banking 100-150 calories. I will make that a soft goal though.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Today's goals

1) Be happy
    2) I will join @tinkerbellang83 on her 7500 step goal. Might be tricky because of rain off and on.
    3) Get out the yoga DVDs that I bought forever ago and rip them so I can play on Fire/Kodi
    4) I am feeling good today so I think I could probably get away with banking 100-150 calories. I will make that a soft goal though.

1) Decent day even though it did get ambushed
    2) only 5500
    3) maybe tomorrow
    4) 185 in the bank
  • Jackie9003
    Getting back into the swing of work so my dull routine is kicking in.
    My goals for the week are 4 days with 500 cals of exercise (according to my fatbot) and stick to my calories.
    I walked to work yesterday and today so I've ticked 2 days of exercise and yesterday I was under my calories, which I wouldn't normally do but I'm still trying to offset last weeks pizza and cake.