2019 Welcome Noobs to MFP

Replies

• Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    @tess77h , There is ''Type 2 Diabetes Support Group '' here in MFP.x
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Hi new to MFP & looking to see how I can make friends with/get support from ppl in similar situation
  • dollywilson11
    dollywilson11 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I would like to gain some new friends to help me along my process! I was to loose 20lbs!
  • suescotland71
    suescotland71 Posts: 1 Member
    Need some motivation to loose some weight
  • hapyfaces2
    hapyfaces2 Posts: 46 Member
    Hello.. I am restarting my journey once again after too much neglect. I am up 30 plus pounds in 2 years and inflammation has gotten worse as well as my the asthma. Just pulled a meniscus in left knee and have trigger finger in my right hand. On the last time around my fitnesspal and groups was invaluable and I lost the needed weight with the love and support of it's family. So I am back to start new and hoping to make friends to also encourage and be encouraged. You can add me to your friends list
  • stephcook1221
    stephcook1221 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone, My name is Steph. I lost about 70 lbs and then fell off the wagon. I'm back on it now though and trying to navigate the new food world (I was a vegan) and now going to try low carb. Getting married in December and I really want to fit in a nice dress.
  • alexhanmusic
    alexhanmusic Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! My name is Richard. I am hoping to lose 80 lbs. Looking forward to your help,Thanks.
  • HumanSteve1604
    HumanSteve1604 Posts: 1 Member
    First post. Probably doing it wrong
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    First post. Probably doing it wrong

Nope , you did it right 👍
  • alyssahuat
    alyssahuat Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I'm brand new... very nervous, but my name is Alyssa. I hope to lose 15-20 lbs.

I accidentally bought a gorgeous dress in a size that is slightly too small for me. Hence, I need to fit my upper back into it because it cost $200. At least it's a jumpstart?
  • JJGottaLoseIt
    JJGottaLoseIt Posts: 22 Member
    alyssahuat wrote: »
    Hi! I'm brand new... very nervous, but my name is Alyssa. I hope to lose 15-20 lbs.

I accidentally bought a gorgeous dress in a size that is slightly too small for me. Hence, I need to fit my upper back into it because it cost $200. At least it's a jumpstart?

Hi Alyssa, I hope this site helps you achieve your weight loss goals. That certainly is an interesting way to get started on your weight-loss goals, but if it is the kick you need, then I say work it lol. I probably shouldn't bring this up, but can you not return it? Lol. You may need to lose excess fat on your upper back but to achieve that goal you will need to lose fat in general. I wish we could will our bodies to burn fat in certain areas first lol.
  • JJGottaLoseIt
    Hi! My name is Richard. I am hoping to lose 80 lbs. Looking forward to your help,Thanks.

Hi Alex, my weight loss goal is similar to yours, mine being 100lbs. When you try to lose as much weight as that it means setting down roots and preparing yourself for the long haul, finding satisfaction along the journey, and not just with the destination. A little bit of fat loss here and there will add up over time. Do you plan on incorporation a lot of exercise into your plan?
  • JJGottaLoseIt
    Hello everyone, My name is Steph. I lost about 70 lbs and then fell off the wagon. I'm back on it now though and trying to navigate the new food world (I was a vegan) and now going to try low carb. Getting married in December and I really want to fit in a nice dress.

They need to make those wagons with seatbelts lol, I fell off one too. I had lost about 60lbs through eating healthy and lots of exercise, but then depression got a hold of me and boom, not only did I gain it all back, but I gained an extra 20lbs to boot! A wedding is always a nice motivation. Since your wedding is in December, that gives you about 4 months, so not a ton of time, but enough to definitely improve your fat percentage. I think a couple of things are good to keep in mind: 1. you probably won't lose all the fat you want in time depending on how much you have to lose, so it would probably be good to make this fat loss a lifestyle and not just a quick fix, and 2. your future husband already loves you enough to want to marry you, so only the wedding dress might have something to say about how much you lose lol; I am sure you will look beautiful in your wedding dress no matter how much you lose.
  • sbendas
    sbendas Posts: 1 Member
    Hey my name is Sophie! This is my first attempt really trying to lose weight and I dont really know where to start but I figured this is worth a shot! the last few years I have become less active and let my self go a bit, but I’m ready to try a healthier lifestyle. My end goal is to lose 50-60lbs. One thing I’m struggling with is that I work swing shifts so I’m having a hard time getting into a “routine” no such thing as a shift worker lol! Plus my energy levels are always pretty low!! If anyone is in a similar situation and has any pointers on how to balance the diet, exercise, sleep cycle I’ll take any advice I can get!! Thank you! And good luck to everyone else on your fitness journey!
  • zeeleezyy
    zeeleezyy Posts: 1 Member
    Hi my name is Aaliyah. I’m trying to lose about 10kg. I’m sitting at 69kg which is the biggest I’ve been since being pregnant. Last year I was very small at 43ish kg (my usual was (53-55kg). I am now clean and sober which is great and I put weight on but it just hasn’t stopped and I come from a big family with the health problems that come along with being overweight. So I’d like to lose some weight and maintain it. To be honest I do not mind my new body but I do not want to get any bigger. So I started IFing but am now calorie counting too (and starving lol!). Any tips on how to keep my hips, butt and boobs and even the thighs maybe but just tone it all up and lose the stomach would be great?
  • louisemj1504
    louisemj1504 Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hi Louise has joined fit pharm as of yesterday. Looking forward to learning and absorbing new knowledge from this 6 week challenge to aid maintenance of my ageing body. For me it’s about gaining knowledge to use equipment correctly and maintaining good posture for safe use of weight lifting, as I’m not an expert in this field @all. Also understanding nutrition on a deeper level needed for weight training effectively as that too is a foreign language to me. I will embrace this challenge with fun knowing this is a big learning curve. I am very excited signing up to this and look forward meeting new friends and being part of an amazing supporting team 🤩
  • Adriburr56
    Adriburr56 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, my name is Adrianna and I am new here. I’m looking to lose about 20 pounds, mainly just from the belly. I ride my bike every weekday for at least 45 minutes a day. I’m open to any suggestions!
  • robyn3973
    robyn3973 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all, looking forward to learning some healthy habits.
    Quick question... do we need the ebooks2read app? Seems pretty expensive. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    robyn3973 wrote: »
    Hi all, looking forward to learning some healthy habits.
    Quick question... do we need the ebooks2read app? Seems pretty expensive. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I Don't use it.

The thing that helped me most my first go around was a digital food scale and the food diary. I logged everything and ensured that I kept within my calorie intake for the day.
    I measured everything! If I ate it, I measured it. That included condiments, they can actually be killers if you don't watch them.
    Once I started weighing and measuring everything and logging it, it was a game changer for me. In the year and a half before that I went from 250ish to 230ish. After I started using MFP and measuring I dropped 20 pounds in the first 6 months. And eventually got down to 180, before suffering a major setback. But I'm on my way back again.
    You can do this.
  • Hello everyone, brand new to my fitness pal, would like some friends and advice. I need to lose over 150 pounds.
This discussion has been closed.