Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member

Oh Lynn!!

I love your take on Sara's former supervisor having an affair! I think you have something there 🤔

Taking that a step further, I should have an affair-- LOL! I could use one. Wait......I'd better lose some weight!

*searching desk for Tracker Planner journal*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    edited August 2019
    Lynn, that was my second thought, but the first one of her leaving was too good to not linger over.

Snapping fingers at cboys,we need to have an affair this week. Set it up!!

q1br9r2yisfv.png
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Ugh! no idea what is going on with me. no motivation, maybe. i know i have been tracking my food & exercise, but even when tracking it, its like i do not care. i will be doing well, then suddenly something sweet catches my eye and -boom- i am over calorie budget, way over. used to be able to resist, but not lately. does not help that i feel achy and sore like PMS but constantly, not just a couple of days a month. i know i feel better when i walk but work schedule has really screwed up any chance of getting back into routine of walks after work. have gained nearly 16 pounds in last 3.5 weeks. :(
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Aww hugs to you Kathryn - I am sorry you are going through a tough time. I too am lacking any motivation since the wedding. Dumb eating. Emotional eating. Eating whatever is in front of me...ugh. I am up almost 6 since 8/3 as well. Time to find some motivation! How can we do this? I don't know - but we must be able to!
  • LanaCabana537
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Ugh! no idea what is going on with me. no motivation, maybe. i know i have been tracking my food & exercise, but even when tracking it, its like i do not care. i will be doing well, then suddenly something sweet catches my eye and -boom- i am over calorie budget, way over. used to be able to resist, but not lately. does not help that i feel achy and sore like PMS but constantly, not just a couple of days a month. i know i feel better when i walk but work schedule has really screwed up any chance of getting back into routine of walks after work. have gained nearly 16 pounds in last 3.5 weeks. :(

Kathryn - I am a bit worried about you. That is a lot of weight to add in 3.5 weeks. Are you sure it is only additional food that's doing it? Are your kidneys OK? Are you on any steroids? Are you retaining water? Maybe check in with your doctor. Big hugs !

You too Lynn - take care of yourself!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited August 2019
    Lana - Wonder if there is a new medication for Kathryn??

Okay all of us asking for chance to get back on the wagon. Make 2 new healthy habits to commit to and start this weekend. I am eating frozen meals for lunch (will research for better ones this weekend too) and drinking more water.

More later at work.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Serious dysfunction today, ran into HR guy in lobby - sadly married.....- I had sent him an email wondering if I was supposed to hear from HR? Yes I was, in this meeting I mentioned the stuff that went down Wednesday - and the words they used. He said he needed to speak to manager and get back to me. Seems I am not on probation and I dont have 75 days to get my act together, he educated my manager on the correct terms...... None of the stuff will carry over into new position and that is a nice piece of news. I also had year end eval - I "need improvement" and will not get cost of living increase and my current sup knows that my new pay got approved but cant tell me as it is not her news, but it is a pay cut, so my not getting cost of living increase is pointless.

If I could get on the roof and scream as loud as I can how glad I am to be almost through with the "kitten" fest, you would all be able to hear me.

How to celebrate without eating more food??

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Hope to get more sleep before day starts. Didnt sleep too well so far.

Want to get notebook/binder for new position - will collect/use coupons for my local hobby/craft store.

Now with shift in stress, I need to use that to lose weight.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning All~~

Sara says: "Okay all of us asking for chance to get back on the wagon.
    Make 2 new healthy habits to commit to and start this weekend."

Question of The Weekend: What are 2 new healthy habits to commit to, starting this weekend?

AOTW: #1 I will commit to proper shopping--I will not buy and bring home foods that will set me back.
    #2 Meal advance planning, sketching out two or three days at a time.

Waving to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

250.6 today
    250.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • cestevam
    cestevam Posts: 6 Member
    I love the name of this group. I am definitely a "serial starter". It's day 1...again for me. I really want this round to be THE round to last.
  • davisagolding
    davisagolding Posts: 58 Member
    cestevam wrote: »
    I love the name of this group. I am definitely a "serial starter". It's day 1...again for me. I really want this round to be THE round to last.

You can do it!! We are all here because we started over more than once. But we are determined with each others support.
  • davisagolding
    Ok at lunch. It's been a long week. Trying to cut more of my carbs.

Original starting weight -240
    August starting weight -240
    August goal -235
    Ultimate goal -145

1st -240
    10th- 234
    17th- 235
    24th- 232

Total loss for August ... -8
  • slporco
    slporco Posts: 3 Member
    Good afternoon! I am new to this group. I need some help keeping motivated. I have a terrible habit of serial starting on many fronts. Last year at this time I was doing amazing! I ended up with severe pain and numbness in my right leg in November. It comes and goes and I was instructed to do no exercise. I went from working out every morning and riding my horse 4 evenings a week to absolutely nothing. I'm still experiencing symptoms but need to get back into a routine. I have maintained my weight but am really struggling finding the motivation to get started again. I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid) and need to live a healthy lifestyle to keep it in control. I am looking forward to the support and understanding in this group. Have a great Saturday! :)
  • davisagolding
    slporco wrote: »
    Good afternoon! I am new to this group. I need some help keeping motivated. I have a terrible habit of serial starting on many fronts. Last year at this time I was doing amazing! I ended up with severe pain and numbness in my right leg in November. It comes and goes and I was instructed to do no exercise. I went from working out every morning and riding my horse 4 evenings a week to absolutely nothing. I'm still experiencing symptoms but need to get back into a routine. I have maintained my weight but am really struggling finding the motivation to get started again. I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid) and need to live a healthy lifestyle to keep it in control. I am looking forward to the support and understanding in this group. Have a great Saturday! :)

Welcome @slporco so happy to see you are here. Catch me on my member page and hit add friend. Always looking for more motivation and supportive givers and recievers.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Welcome cestevam and slporco! This is a great place to come for support and encouragement! Stop by when you can!

Davis- thank you for being welcoming committee! Weekends are sometimes quiet around here..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dawn, thank you - people are out living their lives on the weekend - thank you newbies for posting. One of our regulars has I think the condition that slporco mentioned she also listed her diet the nutritionist gave her.

It is really early for me, figured I may as well get up and add the extra time to my sleep before dog walk.

Groceries/ cooking probably enchiladas / dog to vet (missed a week :o ) - but I will be around.

Still working on WW habits I am trying to relearn- splitting meals into 2 (eating out portions are sometimes too large for one meal) and drinking extra water - got a strong cup of coffee and had to drink a lot of water to stop heartburn.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

☀️ SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY ☀️

Good morning All~~

Welcome to all the new peeps!

Dawn - good to see you!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Well I am absolutely certain that Kathryn has lost some of her weight gain because one of the Cabana Boys went to Indiana to get it, and he brought it down to North Carolina and put it directly onto my scale. Dang.

I ate some seriously salty food yesterday, too much of it, and with some high-calorie beverages, to boot.

Obviously I must get out there and walk this morning. What an awful number!

Lana

254.6 today
    254.6 highest ever
    179.0 goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    SUNDAY
    One of our regulars has I think the condition that slporco mentioned she also listed her diet the nutritionist gave her.

I'm excited to be called a regular! My postings are so sporadic.

I have Hashimoto's and my practitioner prescribed the Keto diet to combat the symptoms. The inflammation reduction and energy increase are amazing. It has worked so well that I went in remission six months after starting.

Wishing you the best!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    To do list is done - cooking and then all chores done.

I was paying online bills and oops - I missed 2 by a couple of days, added $25.00 late fee - hope that is the right amount - it used to be. Suffice it to say I have been a little preoccupied. Pay it gladly and move on.

Dog is well - her glands were usual and she is much happier. Dawn knows of which I speak.

Time to break in new scrubbing sponges??

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.