Replies

• kaseyevans
    kaseyevans Posts: 1 Member
    My favourite go to is protein pancakes!
    2 eggs
    1/2 banana mashed
    1 tbsp LSA mix or almond meal
    1 tsp cinnamon
    (I sometimes add vanilla pea protein powder)

And then top it with:
    1 tbsp of almond or peanut butter
    1/2 cup of berries
    The left over of the banana
    I really recommend this to any pancake lovers... it is seriously delicious!!
  • rhondamacleod1958
    rhondamacleod1958 Posts: 88 Member
    Hummus on toast. Sprinkle with hemp hearts, everything bagel seasonings, green onions, feta, cherry tomatoes....voila
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    hm. Peeps, has it occurred to you to have a breadless breakfast? saves *huge* on the calorie count. you can gorge on melon and get the same fiber with lower carbs, more satiety, and fewer calories.
  • LillyStar24
    LillyStar24 Posts: 77 Member
    edited August 2019
    Thinking outside the box - Breakfast doesnt have to be just "breakfast" foods. A good source of protein and some fiber is all you need. Chicken salad with apples, tuna salad with veggies, even the occasional dinner leftovers (maybe a smaller portion than what would be had at dinner). Really anything would work.
  • mojigoogool
    mojigoogool Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2019
    Egg sandwich: 2 scrambled eggs(140cal) with 1tsp coconut oil(40cal) + 2slices of Dave's Killer Bread Organic 21 Whole Grains and Seeds(120cal) which brings it to 300cal
  • Treesiiaas
    Treesiiaas Posts: 1 Member
    Rice waffle with cottage cheese, green olives and almond nuts.
  • Moi_Petite
    Moi_Petite Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2019
    I usually have really simple overnight oats with some yogurt and seasonal fruit!

1/4 cup rolled oats
    1/4 cup of water
    1/4 cup of soy milk
    1 tsp chia seeds

For a Sunday morning treat, I recently had the most incredible French Toast. Instead of whipped cream I used yogurt. https://www.curatedlifestudio.com/homemade-french-toast/
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    hm. Peeps, has it occurred to you to have a breadless breakfast? saves *huge* on the calorie count. you can gorge on melon and get the same fiber with lower carbs, more satiety, and fewer calories.

Bread is far more satiating for me, breakfast wise, than anything else. That doesn't mean I won't eat fruit, but if I don't want to be very hungry between the time I eat breakfast and my typical lunch time, then there need to be carbs in the form of bread. Bob's Red Mill's 5 grain hot cereal is a surprising second (surprising given that oats of any type of processing are not satiating for me on their own).

Never mind that, by weight, you aren't getting the same amount of nutrients if you compare cantaloupe to the 5 grain cereal I mentioned above. Sure cantaloupe significantly less calorie dense, but for 35g of cantaloupe (the same as one serving of the cereal - I eat two servings) less than half a gram of protein and less than half a gram of fiber.

The data for the cantaloupe is here and the cereal is here. Plus, 240 calories for breakfast, not including the 1 tbsp of maple syrup I tend to add, is really not very much.
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    This morning I had an egg white and turkey bacon sandwich on a multi grain english muffin. Also threw some baby spinach on it.
  • HealthierBrianna
    HealthierBrianna Posts: 22 Member
    I meal prep and I make 5 of these on Sundays to have for the work week.
    If you’re going to make daily, make the night before because they should sit in refrigerator so the oats can absorb some of the almond milk.

In a mason jar:
    Half cup rolled oats
    Half cup almond milk
    Half a banana, sliced,
    1 tbsp natural peanut butter
    1 tsp honey

Yes, you eat it cold and with a spoon.

It’s delicious. Under 300 cal. And keeps me full for 4 hours.