The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    It's bad when you have to ask yourself if the cure is worse than that problem. :-)

If I was feeling worse I might subject myself to such abuse.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,166 Member
    Well, four hours to go and I'm out of food. OK, I have junk food but I was trying to avoid that.
  • NoHookUpZone
    I had a few Skittles... Yum yum, just a few
  • sufferlandrian
    Opted for peanut M&Ms. :-)
  • NoHookUpZone
    Opted for peanut M&Ms. :-)

Gaaaasp!

*Steals*
  • sufferlandrian
    :D
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    I like to watch the Alka Seltzer fizz, but I can't drink it until the fizz is gone. :-) I'm more of a Pepto Bismol kind of guy.

I have no Pepto! I'm not going to the store at 2 am :/

I'm probably just going to suffer because I can't stand Alka Seltzer either

A tsp of baking soda in water works the same and no fizz - doesn't taste great but....
  • sufferlandrian
    Can I add that tsp of baking soda to a milkshake? That would make it taste better. :-)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Can I just add a milkshake to everything? I'm certain that would make me feel better.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Mmm...milkshakes....lol

I'm working mids this week (12p-12a) and it's weird but I kinda like it.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Mmm...milkshakes....lol

That shift sounds very doable especially if you stay up when you get off work to do errands/business in town. It's nice to have the early afternoon to do all the crap. I could see this lending itself well to Intermittent Fasting or One Meal a Day plans. I like the fact that I still have the midafternoons to do all my stuff after I sleep (off work at 5AM -in bed before 6) and I can still have a nice dinner with hubby before I head off to work that night.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Mmm...milkshakes....lol

That shift sounds very doable especially if you stay up when you get off work to do errands/business in town. It's nice to have the early afternoon to do all the crap. I could see this lending itself well to Intermittent Fasting or One Meal a Day plans. I like the fact that I still have the midafternoons to do all my stuff after I sleep (off work at 5AM -in bed before 6) and I can still have a nice dinner with hubby before I head off to work that night.

When I work my regular 6p-6a schedule, I typically only eat one big meal. I won't eat after midnight unless I'm absolutely starving and won't eat again till after 6pm when I get back. If it's my day off, I won't eat till 2-3pm and stop by 10pm.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    My people. :)
  • chsberthelot7946
    chsberthelot7946 Posts: 4 Member
    8 hrs left to go on my shift slow night
  • jennifer_417
    Welcome noobs! What do you guys do?
  • sufferlandrian
    Sometimes it’s hard to explain to a client that nothing their regular vet did was wrong. It’s just that medicine isn’t an exact science and dogs don’t always read the book. Glad these clients could listen to what I was saying. Hope the clients from the new vets surgery can do the same. Regular vet couldn’t see anything on radiographs and gave meds and sent the dog home. Midnight rolls around the the dog is grunting it’s so painful. I couldn’t see anything on radiographs either. However, she was so painful I figured there must be something in there. Sure enough. There was a string trying to saw a hole in the intestines. You really couldn’t see it on plain film. Dog is doing better but he’s about three more days before we can say he’s out of the woods.
  • jennifer_417
    That does sound super painful! Glad you caught it and hope he does ok!
  • jennifer_417
    The weirdest thing made me feel a little bit of a failure as an adult today, lol. I moved and decided to put my bed in the corner of the room instead of the middle of the wall (the supposed "grown up" way), and for some reason it felt so much more comfortable to have a wall at my back. Is that weird?
  • dlbohl1991
    dlbohl1991 Posts: 786 Member
    🙋🏼‍♂️👷‍♂️👨‍🏭
  • NoHookUpZone
    The weirdest thing made me feel a little bit of a failure as an adult today, lol. I moved and decided to put my bed in the corner of the room instead of the middle of the wall (the supposed "grown up" way), and for some reason it felt so much more comfortable to have a wall at my back. Is that weird?

Not weird at all. Sleeping with a body pillow behind me gives me that same cozy feeling.