Serial Starters

Replies

• fatoldladyonamission
    fatoldladyonamission Posts: 572 Member
    Hi all,

I’m new to this thread but not MFP. I’m starting over and have been doing okay for the last 4 days. I’m looking to lose at least 100lbs all being well but taking it in small steps. For the moment my mantra is that today is the last day I’ll be this fat.

I have things I want to do again, riding my horses, ice skating, being able to walk down to the beach and back and so on. I’ve also kinda come to the conclusion that at 42 now I don’t have that many years to fix it.

Would be great to have a few other regular posters to help keep on target 😊
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member

☀️ MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY ☀️

Welcome to our two horsewomen!

I need more coffee!

Lana

252.8 today
    254.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Scale up a little. September while I am between jobs is a time to relax and lose weight as I should not have the same stress.....

My 4 day weekend coming up is a to do list already, but I still have time for naps and zoning.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • fatoldladyonamission
    ☀️ MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY ☀️

Welcome to our two horsewomen!

I need more coffee!

Lana

252.8 today
    254.6 highest
    179.0 goal

Ooh do we have another horsewoman? Fab!

Well I’m still with it for the Monday morning blues although should admit I’m on holiday this week so not so bad for blues here. My only annoyance today is that yesterday I had Fitbit aria scales delivered so I could sync everything and this morning my Fitbit one has decided to die a sudden and permanent death! So I could have ordered cheaper scales but now have just ordered another Fitbit, but the inspire this time as it’s the only one that can be worn discreetly on a clip. I didn’t really want the looks from people wondering why a fat bird had a step tracker!

Happy Monday everyone and hope it’s a good one 😘
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited August 2019
    FB - ignore the looks from people. That you are trying to be healthier is only your business. Let them be jealous.

It reminds me of a picture of a young man on a bicycle with a T shirt on that said in so many words- anywhere I get is better than you couch potatoes.

It is also possible that Fitbit one and Fitbit aria may not have "talked" to each other - this is how they make $$$$. Sorry for the hassle but better to coordinate your tech correctly.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Here I am back amongst the living. Had a migraine hit over the weekend that laid me out for nearly all of it. Then this morning, I twisted the wrong way at the wrong time and tweaked something in my lower back. I have a pain patch on it and plan on at least getting on a bike this afternoon to try and get some activity in today. Hoping the bike will be relatively pain free.

Lana - I am also worried about the rapid rate of weight gain. Have been very puffy and sore all that time too. No new meds. No really "new" foods. No steroids. May be retaining water, but I have been drinking 80+ oz a day and kidneys seem to be fine. Have an appointment with doctor on Wed. Will see if she has any ideas on whats been happening.

Sara - So your supervisor was making up the 75 days probation thing? Crazy! Hope new position is better for you. Hate to hear it is a pay cut but better than risk your mental health!

Question of The Weekend: What are 2 new healthy habits to commit to, starting this weekend? AOTW: cutting out excess sugars & avoid excess carb intake

Hi to all the new folks!!! And waves to all the regulars who drop in!!

**snapping fingers for CB to massage sore back**
  • jorralee
    jorralee Posts: 74 Member
    I have ballooned up since I got married and got close to 220lbs or 100kg. I felt so tired/weak every day and had a constant craving for food/snacks. It also does not help much that I have an office job and drive during my commute. I just got back into a lifting routine and started with my diet as well. My weekends are still horrible and should limit myself to cheat meals and not cheat weekends and nights lol.
    I feel that I am doing okay but I can do a lot better since I want to get fit and strong again. I am like 2/3 lbs shy of 200lbs and still have ways to go before I am lean around 183lbs. This post on the forum is just a reminder for me to let my self know that I should continue the hard work.
  • fatoldladyonamission
    FB - ignore the looks from people. That you are trying to be healthier is only your business. Let them be jealous.

It reminds me of a picture of a young man on a bicycle with a T shirt on that said in so many words- anywhere I get is better than you couch potatoes.

It is also possible that Fitbit one and Fitbit aria may not have "talked" to each other - this is how they make $$$$. Sorry for the hassle but better to coordinate your tech correctly.

Good point and I know I should but still prefer for now to have it hidden where it’s not an issue. It’s weird because the One and the scales were syncing just fine yesterday and then I charged the One last night and this morning dead as a dodo no matter what reset I tried. Still I have had it 5 years or more so I think I’ve done pretty well out of it really.

Here’s hoping that the Inspire works seamlessly tomorrow!

@hickchic67 my new habit for tomorrow is going to be to do one sit up a day before I get up this week, then next week 2 sit-ups a day for a week and so on, no idea if that’s the sort of thing you mean but that’s how slowly I’m taking it. Hope your migraine is all gone now, horrible things!

• Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Lana - ordered two things from the aromatherapy company you posted a couple of pages ago. I got the roll on - "roll the b&itch away" and a grapefruit based oil for puffiness. Will let you know how they arrive.

Man who sits behind me is on vacation so we are not in danger of getting run over and it is much quieter. He fidgets all day long at his desk..... same bull who complained about my humming. That will change soon enough as well.

My new Sup's birthday is coming up and so is Boss' Day - I have no desire to contribute, but I will to be politically correct ( donate more to new Sup....). What a waste of a holiday.

Wave to all who follow.

• LanaCabana537

Good morning All~~

*tossing beach bag and towel onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

252.0 today
    254.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2019
    F.O. Lady - yes, a new gal "slporco" posted a few days ago. Her photo is of her and her horse. She said she used to ride 4 days a week, but hasn't been well enough to do so lately. 😰

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello! I skimmed and got semi caught up! Busy weekend and Monday. Spent time with my two nieces - 3 and 6 Great time at children's museum and hanging out.
    Hello to all the new members - looking forward to getting to know you!
    Lana and Sara - don't remember who said something about weekend goals - missed that but here are my September goals (yes I will start now even in August):
    1. Increase my water and not count coffee as being water - that is a hard one for me!
    2. Fill my house again with veggies and fruit and of course my fav - hummus!
    3. Ask myself prior to eating if I am really hungry, why am I eating and if I am hungry how much do I need to be satisfied.

So those are my goals...Will get back on track for sure. Haven't weighed myself since Friday - will be ugly, but I will write it down and go from there!
    Sara - do NOT contribute - that is my opinion. She treats you like heck. Who cares if your coworkers know you didn't contribute - your right to choose! I do hope you are getting close to a resolution!
    Lynn

Have a great Tuesday
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Went to get HCTZ refilled and found out they gave me my other med which is almost done, so I got to wait even longer. On a hot day with a/c and chairs, no sacrifice. NSV for me - I did not walk away with any snack food, got a composition book for my new job (probably too expensive), lip balm/ hand cream and shea butter.

Have over 10k steps today.

Found out new job will not start until end of October, something with needing 2 pay schedules..... just means I will enjoy the change even more.

Now to find out about minions on Youtube - gave lady I know money for new sups bday and that's how she found out they offered me the job.... why else would I give her $$ for another supervisor??

Glad to be inside. Water pill will do wonders on my ankles/toes so maybe even the scale.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    hxu4iivvqvo0.png

p1028flf823z.png

h55f1rz8futg.png

n812me2zsyiu.png

55ov0lpo2gks.png

okay these are funny, I am going to read some more.......

• fatoldladyonamission
    @Tilliesmommy1 they're fab, thanks for sharing and congratulations on your new job.

I've had a bit of a fitbit blip this week but now back on track with a new tracker so hoping that will help me keep my steps up again. It's cooler here today so I actually might even fire up my lovely treadmill and see how I get on. Not likely to be anything like the 45 minutes I used to be able to do but little steps to start and all that.

@brennerjlb I like the sound of a goal check for September and can definitely get behind that! Was thinking to join one of those just give me one month threads for added accountability when they start a September one but great to do one here too.

My goals would be..

Stay on track with my calories over each week rather than each day - I can get too obsessive about failure if I go over one day and it puts me into tailspin.
    Do a little more activity every single day, even if it's only one more sit up or 10 steps more than yesterday, even going up the stairs an extra time.
    Be able to comfortably wear some jeans I bought a few weeks ago by the end of the month. They go on but they're too tight to wear anywhere.
    And finally, to log every day and keep up with the community threads I've joined each day.

Funny I just realised none of those say how much i want to lose but I think that may be a good thing!

Happy Wednesday all 😊
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Awake in the middle of night and could not sleep. Is FOL a night owl?

Monthly 1:1 with sup is tomorrow, so who knows what the day holds....

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2019
    Good morning Sara~~

I am often awake in the middle of the night, and then can't get back to sleep. I just ruminate and drift along in the dark. I've lost a lot of the brain chemicals that enable us to sleep.
    Regarding the transition from old job to new job: do you work every day/week straight through from one to the other, or is there time/days/weeks when you are at home on a break?

Hey Lady on a Mission - do you live in Great Britain?

This morning I will be walking "Pumpkin Loop" with the Wednesday Meetup Ladies. I haven't walked in a week - this is going to kill me. It's a difficult-for-me 2.5 miles on a gravelly road/path.

Lana

252.0 today
    254.6 highest
    179.0 goal
  • skinnytacular
    skinnytacular Posts: 159 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm so sorry I've disappeared for a few days there. I've skimmed and caught up.

Kathryn: let us know what your doc says! I hope it's only good news with an easy remedy.

And, Lynn and others who struggle with emotional eating, I am so there too. Plus, boredom eating. I don't have any great answers except to remind yourself that, unless your problem is hunger, food won't fix it.

I love all of the new habits people are embracing--meal planning, good shopping, drinking water, stocking up on veggies etc. As for my two new habits:

1. I'm trying to stand up at my desk every half hour, take the stairs, and do a 10 minute walk after lunch and
    2. Drink more water

Sara--as a person who recently left a toxic job situation, I just say, hang in there. The light at the tunnel is there and growing. I like to keep some kind of a countdown calendar, privately. And just continuously remind myself why I've chosen to be where I'm at temporarily. Great non-scale victories, too!

Welcome to slporco, cestevam, fatoldlady and anyone lurking or that I've missed. I too am new here and can say, it's a wonderful, welcoming supportive group! I feel so lucky to have found them!

Twiley--that is amazing news about how you were able to heal your inflammation with dietary changes! Inspiring!

jorralee--I, too, struggle with the office job and commute. I'm slowly trying to fit some exercise in. My health club just sent an email saying they were offering a back to school special--free 1/2 hour consult, so I signed up. When I checked in at the health club yesterday (not to work out, sadly, but to run an errand) the gal at the desk literally remarked that she hadn't seen me all summer. And she's right. :(

And, I, too, am a nightowl. That's also something I need to work on--better sleep hygiene. When I don't sleep well, I tend to binge eat and I'm too tired to exercise.

That's enough for me for now. I'm down a tiny bit, after overcoming a brief blip up resulting from my visit to the State Fair this past weekend.

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    OK here is the harsh reality.... I don't know how to change the color in this comment box. But my current weight is RED in my head. It is the stopping line! NO MORE! Crisp day in WI today - 68 degrees and sunny. I personally love this weather.
    NSV - maybe? My dog made me run today...haven't run for a long time. When we walk in AM it is on country roads so she is off leash. She listens to my commands normally. Today she flushed 8 turkeys out of the ditch and off she went. She was deaf to anything I hollered. Even when I yelled come get a treat! So I ran after her. Scary sight I am sure. LOL. OK maybe not a NSV. Just a funny ole lady running after her dog!

CW 188.6 :#
    HW 209
    9/30 GW 182
    GW 170
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lynn glad both you and dog are okay. I got 5 toe touchies as I call them picking up 5 cigarette butts this morning. We are burning huge amounts of calories - you are at least. You have not hit your HW