Weighing Yourself

How often do you weigh yourself? Is it best to do it every day?? I just started program.

Replies

• Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Every person is different. You have to find what works best for you. When you weigh, it is best to do so first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom, either clothed in your usual nightwear, or naked, so that you get more accurate readings from day to day. No need to weigh yourself at other times of the day.
    I prefer daily weigh-ins, as it helps me stay on track.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    I like daily weigh-ins because it's a mental reminder, first thing, that my health is important. And then I put that number into a weight trending app.

Some people don't do so well weighing daily though.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I weigh daily. It keeps me engaged in the process.

You have to be able to accept fluctuations and plateaus. They're a normal part of the process.
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    I weigh daily using a smart scale that shoots it to my phone for me. I always weigh first thing in the morning. I like using an app called Happy Scale - makes it easier to track trends and keeps me from freaking out if I have a day or 2 where I'm retaining water.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    I weigh daily, same place, same time. I do this to track my mass vs the meals from the day before.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    I weigh myself daily, same Bat time, same bat channel. Wouldn't think of doing it differently. May be going on vacation soon and will not weigh but will do everything the same including keeping food diary current and wearing my Garmin to track exercise calories. I will not come back from vacation heavier, I guarantee it!
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Another shout out for Happy Scale. I also weigh daily - but fluctuations can be hideously scary, so if you do weigh daily, brace yourself.
  • Jenanne31
    Jenanne31 Posts: 23 Member
    Daily, first thing in the morning (almost). But any time of day is good as long as you're consistent.
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    I do it in the morning before stepping in the shower. I have been doing it daily for the last 3 or 4 weeks, just to see if I can figure out the whys for any fluctuations. I am probably going back to how I was doing it before, which was every 2-3 days.