Hi friends I haven't met yet

:p Just found this group, and I don't know how many are checking in once in awhile, but maybe if I do, I'll meet some of you. I set this Group as my homepage here on MFP, so it's the first thing I see when I get here. That will help me to remember, lol;)

Also, if anyone knows whether or not our "set" alerts/notifications are sent to our email, I'd like to know? I've done posts in the past in the main section of "Community" but don't recall if I was alerted via email. Anyway, I'm hoping that we do get email. I will check all my settings.

I'm 66 and pretty active, but don't meet many in my small town, my age, that are active. I know they are out there, I just don't meet them. I'm out a lot walking which is my fave exercise, and I had joined a gym, but their equipment was not well, taken care of. So, I bought a weight-bench and dumbells to do my own thing at home:)

I really want to meet some folks that like to travel (US destinations for me as I simply don't make enough to travel Europe). I love the outdoors, Spring/Summer travel unless it's South to AZ, or anywhere I can find water to swim in, and Sun to bath in, lol;) I love dancing, and actually do that for exercise when I am at home. But country-dance is my fave but we have no, nice night-spots here to do that.

I'm very into nutrition, love to cook and eat all types of foods, balanced. Reading is one of my fave things, I'm kind of a computer geek, love to do interior decorating, changing things around once in awhile. Enough about me, I'll toss this out there and see if anyone is around today, Denise, Crescent City, CA.

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    edited March 2019
    Wasn't around much last week. Had a Carnivore conference to attend and the Low Carb Denver conference on live streaming.

My husband and I do a lot of walking, he controls T2D without meds through low carb eating and exercise.
    I do some resistance and strength training at home. If you haven't discovered jessicasmithtv on youtube.com, I suggest you look her up lots of workouts of various lengths. Great for wintery, rainy or snowy days.
    I do zumba for exercise as well. In summer I love hiking in the Rockies.

Here is the email preferences setting page link: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/email_settings

The bell icon on the upper right hand side will show posts that mention you and topics that have new comments will be under the star if new postings are on a thread you have bookmarked with a star.
    8kwb5nrbqy83.png

I have found the app OverDrive (works on both my pc and my Kindle device) to be a great resources for my reading habit, you can download from your local library, both ebooks and audio ones for free if your library is part of their large network, check that out. I fast a lot and reading is a great way to keep occupied when fasting. Oh and there is a new app, Libby that will work on your smart phone for getting library books as well.

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    How are you doing Denise? This forum has been extremely slow for a while now. Hope you have connected with some active MFPals.
  • Itreadlightly
    Itreadlightly Posts: 87 Member
    Hi. Checking in after a long absence.👋
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Hi. Checking in after a long absence.👋

Hi. Same here. I'm back after very long time away with new hips, new mobility and a brand new attitude. Group does seem to have change as everything does. But that's neither "here nor there" to me nowadays. I am pressing ahead with the intent of heading into my "Medicare years" in 2020 with the best health I have had In. A. Long. Long. Time!!!
  • Itreadlightly
    Itreadlightly Posts: 87 Member
    Back from a 3 day camping trip. Did not log anything or worry about what I ate. We hiked a lot and had a great time. I am back now ready to be accountable -my goal is to lose a few before my trip in October.