your mistakes made

Replies

• durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Pre-MFP my mistakes were that 1) I first thought I could out-exercise a bad-for-me WOE and 2) I reacted to that by then going on an extreme diet, eliminating entire food categories. WIth the first mistake I did not lose weight. With the second, I lost a pound per week for 12 weeks but was resentful the entire time and then something just broke, I fell off the wagon, and regained all I had lost plus a little more.

Since starting to use MFP seriously (beginning last Oct 1) I have lost around 40 pounds. I think I'm pretty good at tracking/trending but some old habits are hard to break. The main one is that I tend to be a polite eater--If a relative or friend insists I have something that I don't even want to eat and is not in my calorie budget, I still may eat it so as to not to disappoint them.
  • PrincessMelodyj
    PrincessMelodyj Posts: 14 Member
    I would agree with others, the big thing was not weighing my food. It makes all the difference. Also, for me snacking at night did me in so many times...so now I make sure to have low fat/low carb snack stuff like Greek Yogurt and Fiber One bars instead of chips and junk food. Also no alcohol for me...it stalls my weight loss.
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Not prelogging. If I attempt to log the night before I tend to stick with what I intended. If I go off of cravings and log later on, I regret it. Same with meal prep. If I don't have something ready to grab and go waiting in the fridge then door dash or Uber eats it is.
  • wendyheath32
    wendyheath32 Posts: 74 Member
    Lost the weight went into maintainance. I creeped up 10lbs in 2 seperate points ( about 5 lbs a time) months as I had stopped weighing my food and myself. Now back on a small deficit to get rid of these 10 lbs two have vanished already. Also due to my back getting bad I couldn't exercise as much and wasn't as active and my main mistake was not changing it on mfp and I was eating to much
  • wendyheath32
    wendyheath32 Posts: 74 Member
    lgfrie wrote: »
    My biggest mistake was letting a binge day turn into a binge weekend and then a binge week and binge month, and binge year. And there might've been a binge decade in there too. Nowadays, I embrace my binge meals and enjoy them ... and get right back on the scale and calorie logging first thing the next morning. It's made all the difference.

Binging is going to happen. I've learned that it's all about what happens after the binge.

I do this it's really helped. No guilt now over it just acceptance and moving on from it
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    edited September 2019
    Not doing any QA/QC on my logging and wondering why I was spinning my wheels. I'd gotten lazy with logging and when I really took a hard look at my data it'd lost all integrity. I was only logging 4.5 days per week with Friday night thru Sunday usually being blank. Locked down my logging and started dropping weight requisite to expectations.
  • ljarrett526
    ljarrett526 Posts: 10 Member
    Not staying with calorie goal