Just started the intermittent fasting

jheffe
jheffe Posts: 34 Member
Hi all...just started keto about 2 weeks ago and lost around 5 pounds...I decided to also try this 16:8 intermittent diet...need to lose approximately 45 pounds....any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• jheffe
    I have my first meal approximately 11:45 am and stop 7:45pm....it really cuts down the night time snacking...I do have coffee with half and half when I get up
  • GrnEydBndit
    GrnEydBndit Posts: 8 Member
    I just started also. Completing my 2nd week and also trying Intermittent Fasting with the same times. Drinking lots of water helps me to stay full longer. I use Crystal Light to help.
  • jheffe
    Good luck with both!...keep me updated on your progress!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    I've been on it for a while doing the 16:8. Drinking lots of water and coffee during fasting.
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    Ive done several types - 16:8 a few days a week is good. Drink lots of water and get your protein and veg in :-)
  • 104McKnight
    104McKnight Posts: 11 Member
    Hi everyone, I have been fasting for the past week and a half and lost about .5 to 1 pound a day so far. I started my weight loss June 10, 2018 and so far lost 41 pounds. Now that I have started fasting a 20:4 and sometimes a 22:2 I would like to include Keto as well. Any pointers would be awesome.
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    I have friends that do heavy keto and they say the bulletproof coffee is not considered breaking the fast. Me I water fast then break my meal with a healthy lunch or dinner depending on when I started (usually I break it with dinner). I'm more primal than keto though but the principles seem to be the same - don't just binge - eat healthy for your lifestyle choice and then move on :-)
  • FoodExercise
    FoodExercise Posts: 29 Member
    Hi all, I am doing the 16:8, 10
    30 to 6.30. 2nd day so just started. Really love snacks at night and carbs!! So a real challenge. Will pop in every day to let you know how it is going and to catch up with everyone else.
  • FoodExercise
    FoodExercise Posts: 29 Member
    Hi everyone 3rd day and all good so far. Focusing on reducing carbs too. Have a great day.
  • M51215M
    M51215M Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone 3rd day and all good so far. Focusing on reducing carbs too. Have a great day.

Hey @FoodExercise , how's the IF going? Today is my 3rd day and it's definitely not as difficult as I thought it'd be. I started the first day with 16:8 but then upped it to 17:7. I've already lost almost 3 lbs but it might also be due to me cutting meat out of my diet too..

Just interested in learning about other peoples journey with this!